JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They were in an unopened box of 200 with 2 boxes of 100 inside. Here's a picture of the 100 that did not get wet. This box had never been opened befor I opened it. It was brand new.

winchester ammo.jpg winchester ammo1.jpg

I'm sorry Koda but you are wrong. They are factory Winchester. I don't know how else to tell you. I'm new to this site but not new to shooting. I'm 64 years old and started shooting when I was knee high to a grasshopper. If it were reloads, I wouldn't even ask the question about them being wet because I wouldn't have even took them. I've been around long enough to know you don't trust someone else's reloads wet or not.
To clarify, I never said they werent Winchesters......

were just trying to help you, you asked a question yet your experienced enough and know what you got so go shoot them.

Here's an option:

We have probably all bought ammo before that was wrong and we couldn't return it. Once I ordered a bunch of Remington Swift Scirocco 300 Ultra Mag. They sent me Remington Swift Scirocco 300 Win mag. But my order clearly said 300 Ultra Mag. They sent me the right stuff and told me I had to drop the other ammo off at the Police department. Yeah right! My buddy shot that win mag ammo and was happy!

From the pictures, the rounds looks over crimped. Over crimping will change the pressures (the discoloration doesn't bother me.) That's why everyone is asking if they are reloads. Personally, the amount of rounds vs possible damage to firearm or self, I would not shoot them. Plus, Winchester ammunition quality is somewhat questionable.

Guys, he's been shooting for 174 years since he was knee high to an amoeba. Clearly, he's asking a question to see how much YOU know, not because he actually wanted to know himself. They're not handloads no way, no how and by gum, he should know.

Dude, go blow yourself up then if you don't like our thoughts. We, as a community, were trying to help you so stop it with the chest puffing "I know what I know" BS.

From the pictures, the rounds looks over crimped. Over crimping will change the pressures (the discoloration doesn't bother me.) That's why everyone is asking if they are reloads. Personally, the amount of rounds vs possible damage to firearm or self, I would not shoot them. Plus, Winchester ammunition quality is somewhat questionable.
Thanks for your input. I agree with you!

A quick search found more than a few reviews complaining of new bought Winchester 9mm white box that was over crimped. Looked just like your photo. I have only seen crimps that bad by re-loaders and commercial re-loaders. Winchester is not making ammo to SAAMI specs with that crimp.

84833169-1e70-535e-81b8-3b6820a3baff.jpg

Guys, he's been shooting for 174 years since he was knee high to an amoeba. Clearly, he's asking a question to see how much YOU know, not because he actually wanted to know himself. They're not handloads no way, no how and by gum, he should know.

Dude, go blow yourself up then if you don't like our thoughts. We, as a community, were trying to help you so stop it with the chest puffing "I know what I know" BS.
Sorry dude but you can just stick it right in your ear and blow your own self up. I didn't know how long I would hang around here but since I already got under your thin thin skin, it will probably be a while. The information I gave was correct and factual. I'm glad they talked me into discarding all of it. I should have known better. They seem like a bunch of good dudes. I'll do my best to to learn from them. Get your panties untwisted and enjoy your night. See you around the site because I'm going to stay awhile!

Last Edited:
A quick search found more than a few reviews complaining of new bought Winchester 9mm white box that was over crimped. Looked just like your photo. I have only seen crimps that bad by re-loaders and commercial re-loaders. Winchester is not making ammo to SAAMI specs with that crimp.

View attachment 1783287
Thank you Mr. Pepe-lepew! I really do appreciate that. This is a great site with some very good knowledgeable dudes.

It's an attempt at alliteration.
Just like the line above. And a corny joke thrown in to lighten the mood.
In all seriousness, I wonder how a 9mm revolver would handle these rounds.
That cracks me up! Good job! I don't know. I just sold the only 9MM revolver that I owned. It was my wifes. It was a Taurus.509, I think. I got her a 357/38 instead. She loved the gun but hated the moon clips. You really got me! Cracking me up!

Sorry dude but you can just stick it right in your ear and blow your own self up. I didn't know how long I would hang around here but since I already got under your thin thin skin, it will probably be a while. The information I gave was correct and factual. I'm glad they talked me into discarding all of it. I should have known better. They seem like a bunch of good dudes. I'll do my best to to learn from them. Get your panties untwisted and enjoy your night. See you around the site because I'm going to stay awhile!
Sigh. Cool story, bro.

So they are really sucky factory rounds that look like really sucky reloads. And they got wet. 100 rounds = about $25 buck...I'll pass to not jack up one of my guns.

Meaning WWW, so they were invented by Al Gore. I'll pass on these too. :cool:
You are so right! I shouldn't have even started this thread. I'm new and wanted to make conversation. Wet ammo is something I have never dealt with before. I should have just discarded it at the range next time I go! Thanks for your input!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top