JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey yall,

I am a resident of Clark County WA and I just submitted my paperwork for Washington CCW permit. I was looking to do the same for Clackamas OR County, but according to the sheriff FAQ Page, Clackamas does not issue CPL to non-residents? This sucks because I work in Gresham.
I did read that I could keep my gun in my locked glove box of my car, but does it also have to be unloaded in the locked glovebox? or can I have it loaded, just not accessible?

Thanks for the help

Hey yall,

I am a resident of Clark County WA and I just submitted my paperwork for Washington CCW permit. I was looking to do the same for Clackamas OR County, but according to the sheriff FAQ Page, Clackamas does not issue CPL to non-residents? This sucks because I work in Gresham.
I did read that I could keep my gun in my locked glove box of my car, but does it also have to be unloaded in the locked glovebox? or can I have it loaded, just not accessible?

Thanks for the help
Forget the FAQ Page, give them a telephone call.

As a Washington resident you can apply for your CPL in any Oregon County that issues one. I got mine in Multnomah county. Others here have gone to Columbia, Sherman or Grant. Last I heard, Hood River and Wasco are no longer issuing out-of-state permits. Grant County is a bit out of the way but the sheriff there welcomes out-of-state applicants. You do have to take the class for an Oregon permit first.

Fair warning, through Multnomah County mine took 6 months from mailing the application to receiving the permit. I don't think any other county takes anywhere near that long.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top