JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey yall,

I am a resident of Clark County WA and I just submitted my paperwork for Washington CCW permit. I was looking to do the same for Clackamas OR County, but according to the sheriff FAQ Page, Clackamas does not issue CPL to non-residents? This sucks because I work in Gresham.
I did read that I could keep my gun in my locked glove box of my car, but does it also have to be unloaded in the locked glovebox? or can I have it loaded, just not accessible?

Thanks for the help

Hey yall,

I am a resident of Clark County WA and I just submitted my paperwork for Washington CCW permit. I was looking to do the same for Clackamas OR County, but according to the sheriff FAQ Page, Clackamas does not issue CPL to non-residents? This sucks because I work in Gresham.
I did read that I could keep my gun in my locked glove box of my car, but does it also have to be unloaded in the locked glovebox? or can I have it loaded, just not accessible?

Thanks for the help
Forget the FAQ Page, give them a telephone call.

As a Washington resident you can apply for your CPL in any Oregon County that issues one. I got mine in Multnomah county. Others here have gone to Columbia, Sherman or Grant. Last I heard, Hood River and Wasco are no longer issuing out-of-state permits. Grant County is a bit out of the way but the sheriff there welcomes out-of-state applicants. You do have to take the class for an Oregon permit first.

Fair warning, through Multnomah County mine took 6 months from mailing the application to receiving the permit. I don't think any other county takes anywhere near that long.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top