JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If anyone is looking to get a good thick leather belt for carry and doesn't like to try and guess their size or wait for production, check this guy out at Saturday Market. He makes them right on the spot and the leather is top notch.

I walked into the Filson factory and walked out with a gun belt that will last me the rest of my life. The guy at Saturday Market may make a good belt and it may cost less that the Filson but if anything goes wrong with my double layered harness leather Filson they will replace it. Where will this guy be in ten years and will he replace one of his belts for free.

I walked into the Filson factory and walked out with a gun belt that will last me the rest of my life. The guy at Saturday Market may make a good belt and it may cost less that the Filson but if anything goes wrong with my double layered harness leather Filson they will replace it. Where will this guy be in ten years and will he replace one of his belts for free.
What makes you so sure that business will still be here in 10 years?

Most Filson is US made and they are committed to bringing all their manufacturing back to the US. That is fom upper management in a face to face conversation.

It is a personal choice. The guy may well make great belts, I just said I bought Filson and love it.

These are leather belts and if treated properly will last for decades regardless of where they came from. Personally I don't like either of them as neither has an 1 3/4" belt as far as I can tell. That is the widest belt that will fit most jeans and slacks and will provide the greatest support for a heavy firearm. Therefore I make my own for less than both places. Then again I make my own holsters as well. The reason I asked about the width above is because the cost difference between making my own and buying one from this fellow at the Saturday market is close enough that if they are actually 1 3/4" I would send people there instead of making belts for them and stick to holsters.

These are leather belts and if treated properly will last for decades regardless of where they came from. Personally I don't like either of them as neither has an 1 3/4" belt as far as I can tell. That is the widest belt that will fit most jeans and slacks and will provide the greatest support for a heavy firearm. Therefore I make my own for less than both places. Then again I make my own holsters as well. The reason I asked about the width above is because the cost difference between making my own and buying one from this fellow at the Saturday market is close enough that if they are actually 1 3/4" I would send people there instead of making belts for them and stick to holsters.

http://www.langlitz.com/ Good, all American made, local company. They only sell 1 3/4" belts. Not to mention an entire line of leather coats/chaps and biker gear, all made "On Site". Wifey got me a sturdy belt for carry but it was a little too wide at 1 3/4" to get the Ted Blocker holster on. I really had to force it. I think it was $62.00-$65.00.

I like to change buckles from time to time, most of the off the rack belts have the buckles riveted in place.

I just had a brown belt with the roller buckle (helps protect the leather) made. Only 1 1/2" wide but very thick. Worn my Sig P-290 rs on an IWB holster and a single magazine pouch around for the last few hours. Nothing will be shifting around on this belt. I predict that this belt will last beyond the remainder of my life. A terrific experience, real nice guy, great belt! $40.

Oh yeah, he's real quick too!

Last Edited:
I just got back home from the Saturday market..... no go. I walked around two times (1:30pm) and I didn't see the guy... I was bummed I tell ya. I as really wanting to get one of these belts. Maybe I'll go there next time I have some free time.

Maybe he is there only Saturdays?

I just got back home from the Saturday market..... no go. I walked around two times (1:30pm) and I didn't see the guy... I was bummed I tell ya. I as really wanting to get one of these belts. Maybe I'll go there next time I have some free time.

Maybe he is there only Saturdays?
Saturday Market in PDX or Vancouver? I assume this is Vancouver. If you can't find him send me a message and I can set you up with a 1 3/4" belt for about the same price. I have a dealer discount on the blanks and buckles plus the stuff to do either rivets or snaps. It would not be on the spot though as I don't keep the inventory here.

Saturday Market in PDX or Vancouver? I assume this is Vancouver. If you can't find him send me a message and I can set you up with a 1 3/4" belt for about the same price. I have a dealer discount on the blanks and buckles plus the stuff to do either rivets or snaps. It would not be on the spot though as I don't keep the inventory here.

I meant the Portland location.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads