JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saturday Market in PDX or Vancouver? I assume this is Vancouver. If you can't find him send me a message and I can set you up with a 1 3/4" belt for about the same price. I have a dealer discount on the blanks and buckles plus the stuff to do either rivets or snaps. It would not be on the spot though as I don't keep the inventory here.

If you click on the link that take you to youtube it mentions in the description that this is in the Portland Saturday Market. Also by looking at the video it seems this guys booth is under the concrete structure and not on the open side.

I just got back home from the Saturday market..... no go. I walked around two times (1:30pm) and I didn't see the guy... I was bummed I tell ya. I as really wanting to get one of these belts. Maybe I'll go there next time I have some free time.

Maybe he is there only Saturdays?

Did you ask for directions at the red Portland Saturday Market booth on the East side of Naito Parkway? He's over there between the Parkway and the river.

I went to the market on Saturday and found the guy and bought one of the plain black belts. I paid $40 and I'm happy with the belt...... oh and the guy was nice too :)

Measurement is in inches.... forgot to mention in pic.

1925283_537458823033784_642660304_n_zps99e8285b.jpg 10151258_537458799700453_402282085_n_zps6ccf00f6.jpg 159af280-1ba0-42ab-b78c-229533425725_zpsbe93736f.jpg

I make my own belts. You can get a REAL leather belt blank at Oregon Leather

http://www.oregonleatherco.com

for under $10. You can get whatever thickness, color, and width you like. Supply your own buckle or buy one of theirs. You can also get snaps, rivets, grommets, and waxed lacing there. You can also find all the leather working tools you are ever going to need there. I just made a 1-3/4" x 1/8" black leather belt for myself. It will hold up anything you want to hang on it. I added a solid brass arrowhead buckle I've had rattling around in my drawer forever. It's classy and functional, and I'm sure it's going to outlast me. Took me about 30 minutes to make.

Quick update on my belt.

Since it's stained on the inside (bridal leather?) it has been staining my clothing. It doesn't really bother me but if you wear light colored pants/shorts, expect to see some staining. I think I am gonna buy a better belt and I will use this belt for work since we wear navy blue BDU pants.

I still think it's a nice belt for the price but be warned.

I make my own out of horsehide I buy at Oregon leather. Oregon leather has either latigo straps already cut to width in various colors if you don't want to use horsehide. They also have all the snaps, buckles, rivets, and anything else you want to make yourself a belt...of a few.

Once in a while their horsehide has a thin piece of raw horsehide in the center of the hide that makes the leather VERY stiff, like it has kydex laminated into it. It is so tough that I have to soak it in hot water in order to cut it. That stuff makes the best single thickness belts I have ever found!

Quick update on my belt.

Since it's stained on the inside (bridal leather?) it has been staining my clothing. It doesn't really bother me but if you wear light colored pants/shorts, expect to see some staining. I think I am gonna buy a better belt and I will use this belt for work since we wear navy blue BDU pants.

I still think it's a nice belt for the price but be warned.

Wow man, that sucks! I've been wearing mine constantly since I bought it on March 29th. It's brown and no trace whatsoever of staining. I would not be very pleased had it stained!

Meh.... life is too short for me to get mad over it lol. I'm just glad I was able to support a local business.

Now..... when they discontinued Twinkies, I was :mad: Hahahaha. But I'm all better now

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top