JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of the things in case TEOTWAWKI is any plastic cookware is almost 100% useless- your favorite plastic spatula will die in a fire if exposed to open flame. Therefore I've been looking around at picking up 100% metal stuff to cook with- so who has the best price on cookware? Not so much Dutch Ovens and skillets but pancake flippers and the stuff like that- I don't cook so I'm new at this. Any suggestions?

Estate sales are another great place to pickup housewares, especially cast iron cookware.

Look up " Estatesale-Finder" for one near you.

Usually everything under $50.00 is half off on the last day of the sale.

Believe it or not, Goodwill has some decent prices.

Twice weekly trips there will usually yield some great cookware.

I got some great Pittmon county maps at an estate sale for $ 1.00 each on Saturday, and find great items at estate and garage sales. Multiple axes and hatchets all the time. Buy them for a buck or two and trade them for other items.

Oddly enough, I was at the swapmeet this morning, and yea, picked up a few spatulas (stainless with riveted wooden handles) a whole handful of silverware and some other stuff (I'm re-stocking the cabin, for some reason we only had 4 forks) got it all for $3, got a showerhead for another $1 (one of the things on my list). Also picked up a Spectre mag pouch, a rite in the rain notepad with cover and pen, a vertical foregrip (still in wrapper), 3 cardigans (for the wife) including coffee for less than $30. Unfortunately, the MRE guy wasn't there.

Oddly enough, I was at the swapmeet this morning, and yea, picked up a few spatulas (stainless with riveted wooden handles) a whole handful of silverware and some other stuff (I'm re-stocking the cabin, for some reason we only had 4 forks) got it all for $3, got a showerhead for another $1 (one of the things on my list). Also picked up a Spectre mag pouch, a rite in the rain notepad with cover and pen, a vertical foregrip (still in wrapper), 3 cardigans (for the wife) including coffee for less than $30. Unfortunately, the MRE guy wasn't there.

So where's this swap meet at? There used to be the "Starlight" up on 99 just north of,,,Federal Way which is now a Home Depot. The other one is the swap meet located in South Tacoma near 54th. Since you're in Maple Valley I'm curious where your swamp meet is located.

I'm traveling, this one is located near bullhead city arizona.

The perpetual "swapmeet of the damned" over at the Monroe Fairgrounds (I usually stop and pick through to see if there's anything good) isn't a bad one, unfortunately they tend to focus more on trying to sell antique kinda stuff, unfortunately before things become antiques they become worthless garbage for about 20 years. Most of the stuff they try to sell still has about 10 years before it's an antique. On the other hand, I've bought cast-iron pots, old plumbing tools, and the like there for a few bucks.

The wife and I years ago started to pickup the good old copper bottom Revere Ware sauce pans and kettles and now have as our main cook wear stuff that will last many decades. Once in a while I take them out to the shop and using my wall mounted buffing machine I give them a good buffing which makes them look like new. All purchased at various 2nd hand stores and garage sales. All them shinny copper bottoms sure look nice hanging on the pot rack in the kitchen. The wife kept track and by buying the way we did the whole set (we have 5 sauce pans a small frying pan and 2 stock pots) cost us less then a really good stainless steel stock pot would have from a Kitchen store in the Mall.

She does hold out for the Teflon frying pans (though we do have 3-4 Iron pans).

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews