JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Purpose Built Preparedness Community?

• Perfect idea! Alright, lets do this ...

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Maybe, I'd need to know the specifics.

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Maybe, but I'm highly skeptical.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Eh, no, it rarely works out.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Nope. I'm the Lone Ranger.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Bizarre even by your standards, CG. Just no.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (Gasp!) Preparedness!? The government will save you.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • (Burp) Um, wut wuz duh ques'n (Fart!) eh-gain?

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
I voted maybe.

Best group would be family. IMO.

However, I do agree, surviving a world without rule of law (whatever had caused such), will require community.

Rules of said community would have to be well defined, as in regards to leadership. That's a hard stop.

Committees are fine, I suppose, however should only be as an advisory capacity. Else nothing would get done, & the community would fail. Again IMO.
Maybe your family, not mine. My blood family are a bunch of oportunists, liars and thieves.

Darn, I was excited about this until I got to the part about being like the Rajneeshees:)

Well, being the guru of a sex cult will always be the dream for some of us.

Try this for your reading pleasure: American redoubt series

Google is your source.

I can't seem to make the text larger. If it is something from Rawles', familiar with, but not even remotely a fan of his work.

Go mormon. The only requirement is wearing them funny nightgowns so it's pretty easy.

I can roll with the underwear thing. Not so much the teetotalism and lack of sailor talk.

yeahbutt, servicing 6-12 wives means you won't have time to wear it.... pretty sweaty business.

Woah, wait, six to twelve wives? Sign me up, pronto!

Some communities have done well through out the 50s and 60s where folks all had the same goals and idologies, and many others failed for one reason or another! I would say the ONE detail that makes the difference is the Who is in the group. Good folks that are team players could make something like this work, and how you set it up to make success mandatory for every one. Run it like the Military (mostly) and it could do well!

Speaking of giving up coffee...
In Ranger school we never had time to make a cup of Joe...so...
Many of us , myself included...would open the instant coffee in our C-Ration / MRE and ...
Just a pinch between the cheeks and gum as the old sayin' goes...:eek: :D

Because the end of Ranger School required a "raid" as part of the final test....I think the reason for withholding coffee was to keep us grumpy so the raid would go quickly....:D

Sorry for the thread drift...
Andy

Well, being the guru of a sex cult will always be the dream for some of us.

I can't seem to make the text larger. If it is something from Rawles', familiar with, but not even remotely a fan of his work.

I can roll with the underwear thing. Not so much the teetotalism and lack of sailor talk.

Woah, wait, six to twelve wives? Sign me up, pronto!
Yeah, 6 to 12 wives sounds good in theory, but I would hazard a guess that it could suck pretty bad in practice.

6-12 times being told - you're wrong or I don't like that or sullen silence...mmmhhh, not that I've ever experienced that, but, ah, it 'could' happen, just sayin....for some, not me ever, I rule the roost, da man I am, and never once heerd a dis-cur-aging woid....

Yeah, 6 to 12 wives sounds good in theory, but I would hazard a guess that it could suck pretty bad in practice.

I'm willing to be a test subject. :s0165:

Yea, one is bad enough half the time! :s0140:

Marriage is pure awesome sauce to me; get to be with your best friend all the time, plenty of funky fun, and can even exchange genetic material to create a silly little hybrid lifeform. Whoever came up with the institution was on to something. So why not crank that up to 11? :s0155:

Speaking of giving up coffee...
In Ranger school we never had time to m:s0140:ake a cup of Joe...so...
Many of us , myself included...would open the instant coffee in our C-Ration / MRE and ...
Just a pinch between the cheeks and gum as the old sayin' goes...
I did the same in the driver's compartment in my Abrams, sometimes followed with a squirt from the peanut butter packet or prepackaged carmel. Great minds, lol.

I guess I kinda already have a preparedness community. All of the property owners that border my property and I have all signed what I call a mutual assistance pact that spells out everybody's responsibilities in the event of a catastrophic event. Each of us is responsible for preparing and maintaining the readiness of our assigned duties. We have quarterly meetings to review projects in progress, readiness status, etc.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews