JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
0C07F5FE-8E10-46DA-B99A-A00EDF4C490E.png I'm a touch late to the party but ors166.435(4)(c)(j) adds the spouses of any of the listed relatives as well.

I am not licensed to practice in Oregon, but I believe based on the plain language of the controlling statute that the above two answers are incorrect. A father-in-law does not appear to be in the definition of family member exempt from background checks. ORS 166.435(4)(c) spells out the exempted family members and does not include in-laws. I am open to correction.

I know this is an old post but I needed to research this for a transfer I am planning. In the research I discovered that you can indeed transfer to an in-law per provision 4, (c), (J): "The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph."

I apologize if this already came to light in this discussion as I just found it doing my research.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top