JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guess when you buy it, it becomes shared property for wife to do as pleases as well.

Eh?

Free men live free.

Before this asinine law passed I had done this many times, both ways. Got one and gave one. Any more I would not. Next time I want to give a gun this is how I will do it. Go to shop I go to regularly anyway. Tell them I want to give a gun to .................. The reason I would tell them up front is that way when I walk in with person. Show them the gift they are getting that they need to fill paper work for. I am just paying. If I let them know ahead of time there will not be the panic about "straw purchase.". Even for people who it's legal for me to gift to I would rather they filled out the BGC. Reason is if it's ever stolen and used in a crime they are going to come to the last person it was sold to on paper. I would rather not deal with the questions and opinions of LEO's both Fed and state when this pops up. The person getting the gift can still be surprised. Just let the shop know before you walk in and try to pay for someone else to get a gun. As always my advice is worth what people paid for it. :D

Before this asinine law passed I had done this many times, both ways. Got one and gave one. Any more I would not. Next time I want to give a gun this is how I will do it. Go to shop I go to regularly anyway. Tell them I want to give a gun to .................. The reason I would tell them up front is that way when I walk in with person. Show them the gift they are getting that they need to fill paper work for. I am just paying. If I let them know ahead of time there will not be the panic about "straw purchase.". Even for people who it's legal for me to gift to I would rather they filled out the BGC. Reason is if it's ever stolen and used in a crime they are going to come to the last person it was sold to on paper. I would rather not deal with the questions and opinions of LEO's both Fed and state when this pops up. The person getting the gift can still be surprised. Just let the shop know before you walk in and try to pay for someone else to get a gun. As always my advice is worth what people paid for it. :D
That's how you have to do it I did it last week with my mom even though I could buy my mom a gun we went together to look at guns and talk to the sale's man even though one of my friends that I hunt with works at the gun store I took my mom in and introduce her to the guy's and looked together at guns so when we do the buy they don't freak out about me paying for her gun LOL SHE'S 71 YEARS OLD I COULD GIVE HER ONE OF MY GUNS AND HAVE BUT ....LOL SHE DON'T WANT TO DIE NOT EVER BUYING HER OWN GUN LOL BUCKET LIST I GUESS

Yeah, I'm just going to have him go in and get it... That way I'll be sure he likes it anyway. LoL

Just give the store payment for the rifle, and have them hold it for your father-in-law to pick up. The Oregon Firearms Act most definitely does not consider in-laws to be relatives or family members.

You will have to inform him that the state does not consider him to be family.

All good advice, thanks a bunch guys, he decided on something else and took off with the cash. LoL He was so excited he couldn't wait any longer.

Again, thanks!

Just give the store payment for the rifle, and have them hold it for your father-in-law to pick up. The Oregon Firearms Act most definitely does not consider in-laws to be relatives or family members.

You will have to inform him that the state does not consider him to be family.
WA is the same lol I'm going to be rude now because I'm drinking LOL .....KIDS COVER YOUR EARS .......YOU CAN SLEEP WITH MY DAUGHTER BUT YOU CAN'T BUY ME A GUN

He went with a mossberg maverick 88... I was trying to get him to get the 500, but no. funny ya even have to register those, they aren't even rifled. LoL

My friend has a 88 I always thought they where just a cheap gun but once I shot his lol it's no benelii but it is a good gun for the price or a great gun for the price

My friend has a 88 I always thought they where just a cheap gun but once I shot his lol it's no benelii but it is a good gun for the price or a great gun for the price
Very nice for what they are for. Few are going to be using them in competition where they are going to fire thousands of rounds. For most a "house shotgun" is shot a few times to see how it works. Then every now and then a few times. One of these is perfect for that.
I long ago made a safe queen out of my last short shotgun. Kept it only because it was the first gun Wife bought me. I have found myself often drooling over the Mossy auto loader made for this though. Impressive damn gun for the price. I keep looking at one of them, the one made by KT, and that one that uses the rotating 4 round mags. Just have to win the lotto so I can buy them all. :D

New here. But reading the WA RCW it specifically includes "Parents-In Law" as exempt from the transfer laws.

RCW CODE SAYS UNDER PARAGRAPH 4 subsection (a):
(4) This section does not apply to:
(a) A transfer between immediate family members, which for this subsection shall be limited to spouses, domestic partners, parents, parents-in-law, children, siblings, siblings-in-law, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, first cousins, aunts, and uncles, that is a bona fide gift or loan;

download.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads