Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Public Records Requests to help defend KRRC.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Ranb, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Ranb

Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

The Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club was formally served with a lawsuit this week. Kitsap County is accusing the club of operating the range in an unsafe manner and seeks to shut it down. The range has had an excellent safety record over the last 80 plus years and needs help.

Here are some links.
    Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club KRRC homepage
    Kitsap County Prosecutor Civil Division Lawsuit details
    info@gunsafety.org KRRC e-mail

The club is requesting that its members help by writing Kitsap county for copies of any documents they have on the club or the property it owns/uses. These documents may help us in our fight to keep shooting on club property.

It does not cost you ANYTHING to view requested records, and they can only ask for costs associated with copying if you end up wanting a copy of any documentation. If you write asking for certain information, please send me an e-mail and let me know what you requested so I can track it and prevent unnecessary duplication of our efforts

Here is a sample letter you can write;

Here is other information you can ask for;

Other individual address to submit a PRR to:

Thank you.

Ranb
    ranb40@yahoo.com
    Randy Bragge

2. Ranb

A list of topics to request information on.

I will update the list of requests made and if any information was provided by the county. If anyone suggestions on other topics to request information on, I will add it to the list.

Ranb

3. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

Keep us all in the loop on this.

4. Ranb

I wrote a few letters to the Kitsap DA and Kitsap DCD. Anyone write anything yet?

Ranb

5. Ranb

I got replies back from Kitsap County. They will not supply information until December 31, 2010.

Ranb

6. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

KRRC is having a table at the Gun show next weekend. I will be there Saturday morning at the table.
    Come by and show your support.

7. Ranb

I sent Kitsap County another letter. I restricted my requested to all safety and noise complaints about the KRRC. I got another reply back asking me to provide a specific time frame.

Now is it me, or did the word "all" mean anything other than every record they on the KRRC since it was established in 1926? I thought it was rather f--king clear what I wanted. Either these people are being deliberately obtuse or they do not want to supply any records.

I am going to ask for the years 2008 to 2010, then later on 1926 to 2007 and see what that gets me. Anyone else asking for records and getting the run around?

Ranb