JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club was formally served with a lawsuit this week. Kitsap County is accusing the club of operating the range in an unsafe manner and seeks to shut it down. The range has had an excellent safety record over the last 80 plus years and needs help.

Here are some links.
Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club KRRC homepage
<broken link removed> Lawsuit details
[email protected] KRRC e-mail

The club is requesting that its members help by writing Kitsap county for copies of any documents they have on the club or the property it owns/uses. These documents may help us in our fight to keep shooting on club property.

It does not cost you ANYTHING to view requested records, and they can only ask for costs associated with copying if you end up wanting a copy of any documentation. If you write asking for certain information, please send me an e-mail and let me know what you requested so I can track it and prevent unnecessary duplication of our efforts

Here is a sample letter you can write;

Kitsap County Department of Community Development

Larry Keeton, Director
614 Division Street MS-36
Port Orchard , WA 98366-4682
Phone: 360-337-7181
Fax: 360-337-4925
email: [email protected]

September 23, 2010

Re: Request for Disclosure of Public Information and Records
(Revised Code of Washington 42.56.001 et seq.)

Public records officer: Kitsap County Department of Community Development

Pursuant to RCW 42.56.001 et seq., please produce all records, including but not limited to: documents, records of contacts, correspondence, electronic, printed, handwritten, typed, filmed or recorded material, or other representations of any kind, or anything pertaining, describing, referring or relating, directly or indirectly in whole or in part, to the subject matter referenced below.

Any references to "Kitsap Rifle & Revolver Club", "Kitsap Gun Club", "Gun Club", "KRRC", "K.R.R.C." (herein after "KRRC")or other variations and abbreviations of same. Any references to the property located at 4900 Seabeck Hwy NW, Bremerton, WA 98312. And more specifically:

Any references for safety complaints for KRRC and/or the property located at 4900 Seabeck Hwy NW , Bremerton , WA 98312

In the event that you determine some portion of the requested documents to be exempt from release, please notify me of such action and identify any exemption(s) that is invoked. I request the release of any portion of the document or pieces of information that is not exempt. I further request that all documents stored in electronic form be provided electronically if possible. If documents are temporarily unavailable, I request explanation of same and release when they become available.

Sincerely, (your name)

1234 Main st

Hometown, WA 98???

Phone:

Email:

Here is other information you can ask for;

Any references for safety complaints for KRRC and/or the property located at 4900 Seabeck Hwy NW , Bremerton , WA 98312
Any references for safety complaints for other ranges & like facilities (e.g. paintball, archery, etc.)
Any references for other complaints for KRRC (non-safety issue)
Any references for other complaints for other ranges (non-safety issues)
Search every record for permits required of other ranges
Search every record for requests for safety inspections of KRRC
Search every record for requests for safety inspections of other ranges and like facilities
Search every record for every facility that the public goes that must present a "safety plan"?
Every photograph of all shooting ranges on file
Every report on KRRC, & supporting notes
List of neighbors/neighborhoods who claim they are endangered
Every photo of KRRC, aerial or otherwise
Health department reports & records
Wildlife reports and records for said property
Wetlands information (if any) on KRRC land
Correspondence with other agencies about KRRC

Other individual address to submit a PRR to:

Kitsap County Health District
345 6th Street, Suite 300
Bremerton, WA 98337
Phone: 360-337-5293
Public records officer: Leslie Hopkins

Kitsap County Parks and Recreation
James R. Dunwiddie, Director
614 Division Street - MS 1
Port Orchard, WA 98366
Phone: 360-337-5350
Public records officer: Kitsap County Parks and Recreation

Kitsap County Prosecutor's Office
Russell D. Hauge Prosecutor
614 Division Street MS-35
Port Orchard , WA 98366-4682
Phone: 360-337-7174
Fax: 360-337-4925
email: [email protected] (office administrator)
Public records officer: Kitsap County Department of Community Development

Kitsap County Sheriff's Office
Steve Boyer, Sheriff
614 Division Street - MS 37
Port Orchard, WA 98366
Phone: 360-337-7101
Public records officer: Kitsap County Sheriff's Office

Thank you.

Ranb
[email protected]
Randy Bragge

A list of topics to request information on.

Safety complaints for KRRC
Any references for safety complaints for other ranges.
Any references for other complaints for KRRC (non-safety issue)
Any references for other complaints for other ranges (non-safety issues)
Search every record for permits required of other ranges
Search every record for requests for safety inspections of KRRC
Search every record for requests for safety inspections of other ranges
Search every record for every facility that the public goes that must present a “safety plan”?
Every photograph of all shooting ranges on file
Every report on KRRC, & supporting notes
List of neighbors/neighborhoods who claim they are endangered
Every photo of KRRC, aerial or otherwise
Health department reports & records
Wildlife reports and records for said property
Wetlands information (if any) on KRRC land
Correspondence with other agencies about KRRC

I will update the list of requests made and if any information was provided by the county. If anyone suggestions on other topics to request information on, I will add it to the list.

Ranb

I sent Kitsap County another letter. I restricted my requested to all safety and noise complaints about the KRRC. I got another reply back asking me to provide a specific time frame.

Now is it me, or did the word "all" mean anything other than every record they on the KRRC since it was established in 1926? I thought it was rather f--king clear what I wanted. Either these people are being deliberately obtuse or they do not want to supply any records.

I am going to ask for the years 2008 to 2010, then later on 1926 to 2007 and see what that gets me. Anyone else asking for records and getting the run around?

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top