JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fair.
Then it goes back around to what we can do about it? Stop chatting in this forum?
Depends on what you want to accomplish. I don't see mass data collection and surveillance stopping anytime soon. It's unlikely any elected officials would do anything to roll that back, and even if SCOTUS were to rule it unconstitutional for the government to do it, it's still far too easy to do via the private sector. So it's probably here to stay, unfortunately.

All we can do is have a plan to stop using tech that enables mass data collection, or to implement mechanisms to obfuscate, and to decide what specific behavior or action on the part of the government would trigger you to activate that plan. It'll be different for everyone. Happy to discuss further via DM if anyone has questions.

Why are we still paying taxes? We are completely disgusted by how the government that we the people pay for, is abusing the power we have regretfully entrusted them with. So what happens when we stop paying taxes? I love America, I love my fellow Americans. I love what this beautiful land was built to represent.

Why are we still paying taxes? We are completely disgusted by how the government that we the people pay for, is abusing the power we have regretfully entrusted them with. So what happens when we stop paying taxes? I love America, I love my fellow Americans. I love what this beautiful land was built to represent.
What happens when you stop paying taxes, they attach your pay, your bank accounts, put a lien on your house…. It's a romantic thought to stop paying the government that hates you, reality is not many would embark on the nightmare doing so would create

FBI Reportedly Harvesting Publicly Available "Weapon" Info

Reader C.B. sent us this: FBI Reportedly Harvesting Publicly Available "Weapon" Info. Here is a quote:

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is initiating Project Tyr, an effort in its infancy to employ Amazon's artificial intelligence-driven Rekognition cloud service to identify firearms—among other things—and the people associated with them. According to the bureau's description (on the last page) the software "… offers pre trained and customizable computer vision (CV) capabilities to extract information and insights from lawfully acquired images and videos. Currently in initiation phase to customize to review and identify items containing nudity, weapons, explosives, and other identifying information."

Who else? Gunbroker? EBAY?

FBI Reportedly Harvesting Publicly Available "Weapon" Info

Reader C.B. sent us this: FBI Reportedly Harvesting Publicly Available "Weapon" Info. Here is a quote:

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is initiating Project Tyr, an effort in its infancy to employ Amazon's artificial intelligence-driven Rekognition cloud service to identify firearms—among other things—and the people associated with them. According to the bureau's description (on the last page) the software "… offers pre trained and customizable computer vision (CV) capabilities to extract information and insights from lawfully acquired images and videos. Currently in initiation phase to customize to review and identify items containing nudity, weapons, explosives, and other identifying information."

Who else? Gunbroker? EBAY?
NWFA?

FBI looking into things changing my buying habits...Nope.
However...
All the dumbazz Washington laws , requirements , fees , wait times , etc...have made it a PITA for me to buy a firearm legally.
That has changed my buying habits for sure.

Does the FBI or others check in here at NWFA...sure.
No proof of this...but we do get lots of visitors here daily..

With that said...
I would guess that it is a time consuming process...as well as needing lots of man power and expense.

It won't change how or what I post ...but then I try not to post anything stupid.
Andy

FBI looking into things changing my buying habits...Nope.
However...
All the dumbazz Washington laws , requirements , fees , wait times , etc...have made it a PITA for me to buy a firearm legally.
That has changed my buying habits for sure.

Does the FBI or others check in here at NWFA...sure.
No proof of this...but we do get lots of visitors here daily..

With that said...
I would guess that it is a time consuming process...as well as needing lots of man power and expense.

It won't change how or what I post ...but then I try not to post anything stupid.
Andy

Where's the fun in THAT, Quaker?

;) :D

This information has been out there for some time. I guess this software offers a quicker way to collate it. Not loving that but considering all the errors made in allowing apparently disqualified individuals from passing background checks (history of mental illness or felony), I am also guessing that there aren't enough bodies to review the information to make any difference. Yet.

Agree its possible, I just don't see the motivation on a mass scale.

Im more impressed we take the time to store all the cell photos of lattes and dinner plates posted thru txt messaging and on social media. Heck most teens have like 10000 duckface selfies uploaded forever in the sky...
Im sure the FBIs got an agent going thru each and every one.
Agent AI has been assigned to that task, 24-7, no breaks, no days off and no questions.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews