JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is a VERY good point Joe, people forget about that reality here in the NW.

Yep, and this is exactly why our efforts fail. Nobody's going to listen if they know they've got the vote locked down, and at the rate people are moving here (especially from California) the makeup of our electorate isn't going to change anytime soon. This is why OFF isn't all that effective. It isn't rocket science, I saw the writing on the wall back I started NWFA in 2008. If we aren't accepting of all gun owners, regardless of their other politics, we'll simply be ignored. Unfortunately a large number of us insist on doubling down on divisiveness and the us vs them mentality which turns off a good number of even the most ardent 2A supporters. I personally refuse to listen to someone, regardless of the message, if it's delivered in a negative manner or from someone with a bitter, negative demeanor. Challenging, because these laws absolutely make me bitter and negative too, but we have to rise above it.

Please do not take anything I've written to mean I think we should compromise in any way. I'm absolutely not saying we should 'work together to implement reasonable gun control' or any of that BS.

Yep, and this is exactly why our efforts fail. Nobody's going to listen if they know they've got the vote locked down, and at the rate people are moving here (especially from California) the makeup of our electorate isn't going to change anytime soon. This is why OFF isn't all that effective. It isn't rocket science, I saw the writing on the wall back I started NWFA in 2008. If we aren't accepting of all gun owners, regardless of their other politics, we'll simply be ignored. Unfortunately a large number of us insist on doubling down on divisiveness and the us vs them mentality which turns off a good number of even the most ardent 2A supporters. I personally refuse to listen to someone, regardless of the message, if it's delivered in a negative manner or from someone with a bitter, negative demeanor. Challenging, because these laws absolutely make me bitter and negative too, but we have to rise above it.

Well said. People need to get over themselves, cant stand it when I hear stuff like.. oh you are blue on this issue? well we dont even want you with us then.. I don't give a rats behind what your politics on other issues are. This is the issue at hand now, and I will WELCOME support from anyone, regaurdless of race, sex, political beliefs. This is something that actually caught me off guard when I first got into firearms which wasnt until I moved here and after my son was born, before that I knew nothing really of this 2nd amendment issue, and I grew up in the bay area in a left leaning family. When I first started learning, it was actually mindblowing to me that something like protecting ones loved ones, and avoiding inevitable (without an armed population) government tyranny could possibly be such a deviding issue.

I don't give a rats behind what your politics on other issues are. This is the issue at hand now, and I will WELCOME support from anyone, regaurdless of race, sex, political beliefs.

You get it :)

We need a myopic view when it comes to gun rights and the people we associate with. When we start looking at people's other political beliefs we change the focus and absolutely no good can come of it. This is the premise that this site was founded on, and at times we get away from that. I think we need to start reminding some of our members that divisiveness and alienation isn't going to help our cause and really has no place here.

Or some brochures with real stats showing what are the leading causes of death, and asking why we don't stop these, like texting while driving, ect.( A simple app where your phone is locked while moving in a car.) Some real numbers about how many are employed by the firearms industry or because of them. Professional sport or competition shooters or younger shooters testimonials might help also. Hunters or target shooters that spend a lot of money and the stories of how great these memories are and the family bonding while hunting. We could also explain how the ARs are not the same as the military uses and what the difference is and why. And a good representative.

I do my best not to let people pigeonhole me into an AR15 question. Usually they don't have a question. My answer is usually something like, it would be stupid to give up any rights you already have.

Something that shows the general public the stupidity of this IP43. For instance, a hand gun that has a "detachable magazine" and holds more than 10 rounds would have to be registered or surrendered within 120 days. The same illustration using a .22 rifle "the kind you and your Grandpa" used to go target shooting with would be illegal.
It's just an idea and I would be happy to drop $100.00 into the pot (so to speak) if we could find somebody to create a TV spot and somehow link it to a website for people to go to for more info.

I think this is key and very needed, there is also a huge following of LBGT folks that feel they
don't fit anywhere and are also untapped resource that should be addressed.
( In my own projects I Have with some success )

This part here is key. Like it or not, Oregon is a blue state and politics is a numbers game. In order for this person to be effective they're going to have to be palatable to gun owners who generally vote D (and there are a lot of them in the NW). Anyone who has alienated these folks in the past or continues to do so won't be effective.

Nicely said and dead on, Gun owners as a whole are not very good at politics and some if they choose to engage in it do not realize the fight.
When I worked with Dems to save rights on Sb941 and I did, you could have heard a damn pin drop on the pro-gun side, and was nice getting very bad threats on the other. But no one else would get past the anger to simply talk had I not done this SB941 would have been much much worse.
So as I said there are allot of clicks and groups that follow the loudest and often wrong voices in this approach.
I used to rally people up in a forum now I try and keep a low profile and make changes away from the spotlight.
But can say its not a great place to be as both sides end up hating you.o_O This leader will need to know the realty you wont make anyone happy no matter how you lead.

Last Edited:
Ted Nugent slams 'mushy brained' Parkland survivors: 'They have no soul'

Posted this one earlier, I still say he's our celebrity guy. Maybe not the most tactful fella, but most celebs wouldn't admit their love for 2a because it might lose them a buck or two.

Also, since I will likely not be able to make any saturday rallies outside of portland due to work, is anyone organizing anything in the portland area for any time of week? I would like to at least take part in any demonstrations, if not help organize them, and if we manage to get a pro 2a citizens initiative ballot together i would happily donate what little free time I have to signature collection, etc.

In my humble opinion, at this moment, weather its true or not, I do not believe saying "ah f it they will just ram it through anyways" is helpful, I have heard this crap constantly. I would venture to suggest not giving gun owners an excuse to remain apathetic.

I think you may have missed my point - they may ram it through - if gun owners are apathetic and don't fight to keep the Dems from a majority again next year. If they do it, it will be apathy that got them there - and yes, I'll say it because gun owners need to know that this fight rests in their hands - they have the power to stop it, if they act. If they don't, well, it's on them.

I wonder if there is any chance at all that Colion would be able to come out to Or. And do some speaking, possibly even getting on the radio or T.V. ( not that the MSM would even let him) but if the NRA would fund comercials on both T.V. and radio, that might help get people's attention! Another thing, the NRA video spots on YouTube need to be non skip able, force the viewer to watch the entire thing before the desired vid is shown. That works for the other MSM media, comercials on all major channels would be quite hard to avoid! :) it's past time the fricking NRA got off it's high horse and did it's damn job!:mad: the longer they wait, the more the MSM and all the online apps have to convert fence sitters, and the ignorant into anti gunners!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Attorney specializing in 2A.
Alex Kincaid Law – Nationally renowned lawyer, service the Pacific Northwest

She has quite a few YouTube vids and is knowledgeable but nonthreatening. Certainly a softer approach than Nugent.

I have watched her several times, what I do notice on most of her items while intelligently drafted and presented, they give no solutions if there are any. OFF has suffered this same fate, the sky is falling each year and are powerless to do anything. We can not compromise, and we can not give in either. We also
can not forcibly stop these laws even though many groups say they will. We can not compromise that is clear but we also can not even think our current system will work. We need a civil revolution is truly whats needed.
I am not suggesting civil unrest but a Civil Revolution, and that will mean pushing back as hard as they are pushing us and then some.

I was thinking the same thing, it should be a woman.

A woman, a minority or a minority woman, even an LBGTQ person - all would probably be more effective in Oregon due to the political makeup here. It's just a sad fact that many people in our state will judge race, gender and sexual orientation over other factors. Though for the hardcore anti's - they will simply consider anyone like that as a traitor and ignore their message. Fence sitters might be more easily persuaded though.

maybe some of the Pink Pistol members can be of help, although I doubt it due to the fact they tend to get pretty much bubblegummed on by most on the right side of the fence.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top