JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No they don't.

Yes, because being the detective running a case on a guy who may or may not have sold a gun without a background check where the guy is going to get a lawyer to plea bargain it to an even lower misdemeanor (if the DA even bothers to prosecute) is much more career enhancing and contributes to public safety much more than being the detective who puts a murderer in prison for life.

What kills me is I can't transfer to my son in law. It has to take another step to my step daughter first.

and if you follow this stupid chain

I hand my deer rifle to my Step Daughter, Who then hands it to her Husband, who then hands it to his Step dad (who I have never met) Who then hands it to his second wife, who then hands it to her son (from a different marraige) who hands it to his wife who hands it to her First cousin who hands it to their domestic partner. Who wouldn't know me from some Moron in the State Legislature or any other brain dead dork.

BUT I CAN'T DIRECTLY LOAN THE SAME FRECKIN RIFLE TO THE FATHER OF MY GRAND DAUGHTERS????

What kills me is I can't transfer to my son in law. It has to take another step to my step daughter first.

and if you follow this stupid chain

I hand my deer rifle to my Step Daughter, Who then hands it to her Husband, who then hands it to his Step dad (who I have never met) Who then hands it to his second wife, who then hands it to her son (from a different marraige) who hands it to his wife who hands it to her First cousin who hands it to their domestic partner. Who wouldn't know me from some Moron in the State Legislature or any other brain dead dork.

BUT I CAN'T DIRECTLY LOAN THE SAME FRECKIN RIFLE TO THE FATHER OF MY GRAND DAUGHTERS????

Idiocy. Simply disregard 594.

What concerns me isn't the actual hand off. It's explaining how it got out of your possession 10 years down the road when its found at a crime scene.

Oregon does not register firearms. And as far as I know Oregon does not track firearms transfers. Its only a back ground check, which is not recorded as far as I know. If you purchase from a FFL dealer the sale is recorded for the ATF. But not the back ground check.

Oregon does not register firearms. And as far as I know Oregon does not track firearms transfers. Its only a back ground check, which is not recorded as far as I know. If you purchase from a FFL dealer the sale is recorded for the ATF. But not the back ground check.

.....if that were true, OSP wouldn't ask for type and serial # on the BGC....sure, they SAY they don't keep records.....:confused:

For the record the "Tribal Lands" need to be "Federal" for the most state and some federal laws not to apply. And each "Tribe" has it's own set of laws and treaties that come in to play. But please not just because the tribe has land given to it by the federal government don't out weigh any land(s) the state may have also given them. If I was going to go to "Tribal Lands" to trade a gun I know the one to go to and some that I'll pass on. ;)

You can aquire long guns in ID through an ffl but fed law prohibits "obtaining " a firearm outside your state of residence without an ffl.

An ID ffl is a good option for long guns in my opinion if you are worried about back door registration in our increasingly un gun friendly states.
I'm not saying to purchase a gun from an out of state individual. However, what I am saying, is that if two Oregon residents, or two Washington residents were to meet, say, in Idaho where Oregon and Washington law doesn't apply, you're good to go.

For example, let's say that Oregon or Washington bans the sale of 30 round magazines, Idaho does not ban them. If you were to travel across the border, you could legally purchase 30 round magazines.

I understand but USC 18 922 says "purchase or otherwise obtain" which you are still doing

But what about the interstate provisions of the USC being struck down in court as 'unconstitutional' earlier this year? So far, no one has challenged that ruling (at least that I'm aware of), so, technically, it should be legal to do a purchase across state lines.

I'm not going to test that myself, of course, but it's supposedly the case now. YMMV

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top