JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Following the news its pretty clear they're almost ready with the bill to make universal background checks mandatory. This will for sure kill the private sales of firearms between two lawful citizens without going to an ffl and getting big gov involved.
We had something special, there aren't many places left where you can legally purchase a firearm w/o involving a 3rd party, it will surely be a freedom I will miss if this goes through as it looks like.
If you're like me you might go through a dozen or more handguns in a year looking for something different, something that just fits. I don't know if I'd bother if I had to jump through hoops to buy a gun I might want to sell right away if it doesn't work out.
I don't know what else to say except I don't like it.

Regulation can dampen sales, and will make things more expensive than they could be, yet anytime regulation gets in the way of economics the first thing that happens is the black market. Ever wonder where smuggling comes from, it's the government.

Banning or regulating cigarettes pushed people to go to the reservations to buy untaxed cigarettes. Banning drugs works as well as Prohibition did before. The Nancies come and the invisible hand takes over.

In the meantime death abounds, quality falls, gangs develop and the product merely ends up subsidizing a new power broker. More private sales will happen than ever, when they are made illegal, as the people selling will avoid doing things like checking to see if it is stolen, or if the buyer is allowed to own the item. Why should they, if the sale is already a crime.

Yet the simple declaration of our rights will be ignored to the detriment of all.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Following the news its pretty clear they're almost ready with the bill to make universal background checks mandatory. This will for sure kill the private sales of firearms between two lawful citizens without going to an ffl and getting big gov involved.
We had something special, there aren't many places left where you can legally purchase a firearm w/o involving a 3rd party, it will surely be a freedom I will miss if this goes through as it looks like.
If you're like me you might go through a dozen or more handguns in a year looking for something different, something that just fits. I don't know if I'd bother if I had to jump through hoops to buy a gun I might want to sell right away if it doesn't work out.

Bill or no bill, people will always sell on the side...

Look at drugs.... You can buy them anywhere and guns would be the same. You can't control it.

Plus FFL's would love it. It is a scam now, imagine if you had to use a FFL. $100 bucks? Forget that

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

The only way that would be possible to enforce would be a 100% gun registration.They would need the ssn on every gun in the country,new and old.

this. there is absolutely zero way for them to know whether you have skipped around a background check without two things. put on the tin foil:

1) mandatory registration of all firearms, so that movement can be tracked
2) periodic inspection of inventory of gun owners to check for any new unregistered or illegally transferred firearms (durr, why do you think they are pushing for unwarranted searches and inspections now)

the only other way for this to go down is if it's only an add-on offense, or something found during a warrant search for a suspected firearms violation - e.g. 922r violation.

without mandatory registration, the law has no teeth. without mandatory search and inspection, they won't find the unregistered firearms.

the really dangerous bubblegum is if they combine universal background checks/registration with storage requirements. how long until the requirements become "store your weapon at the nearest private firing range secured firearms locker, home storage is not allowed." Then they don't even have to worry about violating your 4A rights, because your guns won't be on your property or in your home.

I've already heard this suggested numerous times, "because that's how they do it in Europe!" Thanks, but I don't bubbleguming live in Europe.

Of course there will always be illegal gun sales, what I'm talking about is seeing an ad for a handgun you'd like to have, contacting the owner and agreeing to meet in an hour at the Fred Meyers parking lot , money changes hands, hands are shaken and you go home with your new purchase all perfectly legal. I do not like to break the law, especially committing a felony so if the universal background checks passes I will comply. But as I said I won't like it.
All you guys who say they will continue doing what they want are you willing to risk a felony ?

Of course there will always be illegal gun sales, what I'm talking about is seeing an ad for a handgun you'd like to have, contacting the owner and agreeing to meet in an hour at the Fred Meyers parking lot , money changes hands, hands are shaken and you go home with your new purchase all perfectly legal. I do not like to break the law, especially committing a felony so if the universal background checks passes I will comply. But as I said I won't like it.
All you guys who say they will continue doing what they want are you willing to risk a felony ?

Heres your answer, if HB 3200 passed would you risk a felony? I will never comply.

We will go underground and create a network. There are many cool people I have met here. I think if we stay in touch. When Shtf, we work off an already created network.

As someone else already mentioned, any laws Prohibiting anything will only promote the "Black Market". Look at drugs for example. They are bought and sold on street corners all across the country. How well is the Gov't controlling that? They're not! They can't. All of the folks making these transactions are considered criminal. Guess what, if they ban all private sales of guns then any street corner sales of any gun will make you/me/us a criminal. Being labeled a criminal is not necessarily a bad thing. In my mind it means "I will not comply". Don't get me wrong I do not condone ALL criminal behavior but there are some things that are considered illegal that is just dumb as a box of rocks. You ban private sales of guns, that would be dumb as a box of rocks just to name one. Civil disobedience is a huge indicator that the Gov't is over stepping their bounds. I plan to misbehave. :s0081:

cop didn`t see it,I didn`t do it.

GTFO then. Seriously, go find another country to live in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top