JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just called Fisherman's in OC since I was in the neighborhood.. CCI SRP's $20/100.
😆
Seriously? Geezus. I couldn't quite bring myself to buy primers at Fisherman's last time they had a bunch....They were $10.99/100. They had those, for a looong time.

Just checked Sports South one of our distributors and dealer cost ranges from 65.00 to 130.00 per 1000. Sad to say 100.00 per 1000 looks to be the new selling price, if you can find them cheaper, grab them while you can!

Cabelas Tualatin had bricks of CCI SRP for about $90 yesterday. Pretty sad when Cabelas is selling the same product at less than half the cost, and by the brick rather than limiting you to 2-3 sleeves of primers like some retailers have been (not sure Fisherman's current policy). I've rarely walked out of Cabelas feeling like I got a good deal…and didn't buy primers at $90/brick. I don't need them that bad!
As always the way to get the price to drop is stop buying. This is far from the first panic, far from being last but nothing changes. Before this panic there was a time when places had these on sale all the time and no one wanted them. Now price will never go back to what it was then when we have inflation at the rate we do now but, once the pipe line fills and the shelves are full price will hit the lowest it is going to hit. Again most will ignore them again until its time to panic and complain :s0092:

Seriously? Geezus. I couldn't quite bring myself to buy primers at Fisherman's last time they had a bunch....They were $10.99/100. They had those, for a looong time.
Yeah, I bought a couple pounds of powder that I was looking for a week ago from them. Powder was higher than I wanted to pay, but by the time I pay hazmat and shipping from somewhere, it was probably a better deal than placing a small order. But the primers were way above prices where I'd be a buyer. I don't need them that bad!

That price is complete nuts but I think it's likely for the BR-4 SRP.

Yeah, I bought a couple pounds of powder that I was looking for a week ago from them. Powder was higher than I wanted to pay, but by the time I pay hazmat and shipping from somewhere, it was probably a better deal than placing a small order. But the primers were way above prices where I'd be a buyer. I don't need them that bad!
For reals. The last primers I bought, and I bought a few, were $17/1000, not $20/100.

Kinda like we each have our own ceiling. IF, we have some of everything we need, that ceiling is pretty low. IF, we have very few small pistol primers that ceiling is higher. I paid $8.00/sleeve for small pistol magnum because I needed wanted to load .357 mag for a Winchester lever gun. Rather than run .38 Sp through it. I've been lucky in that I'd picked up decent numbers of what primers I need for quite awhile for the amount I shoot. The drought after Sandy Hook is the reason I did that.

Primer prices online have mostly started to come down. Do we expect that to continue? I have been focused mostly on purchasing serialized firearm stuff and haven't shopped for primers much lately. I came across some fed small gm match primers I can get for around $320 per 5000 but if prices are going to head further South, it might be better to wait?

I'd be pretty happy with large rifle primers being available on shelves at all. Small primers don't help me much, even at cheap prices. Yeah, yeah I can trade them later. I get it.

Primer prices online have mostly started to come down. Do we expect that to continue? I have been focused mostly on purchasing serialized firearm stuff and haven't shopped for primers much lately. I came across some fed small gm match primers I can get for around $400 per 5000 but if prices are going to head further South, it might be better to wait?
Tough call, really.

My personal price limit is $.06 per primer, roughly. Shipped or in store.

However I'm also "set" for now, so my price is for our needs several years out.

Folks who have shorter term needs, or needs now, are in a differing situation.

Tough call, really.

My personal price limit is $.06 per primer, roughly. Shipped or in store.

However I'm also "set" for now, so my price is for our needs several years out.

Folks who have shorter term needs, or needs now, are in a differing situation.
This

Primer prices online have mostly started to come down. Do we expect that to continue? I have been focused mostly on purchasing serialized firearm stuff and haven't shopped for primers much lately. I came across some fed small gm match primers I can get for around $320 per 5000 but if prices are going to head further South, it might be better to wait?
As always with this speculation no one knows. Do you have enough to last years if there were none? If not I would buy some now. Few have memories that last long sadly. It was not too long ago the shelves were full of these. Some places were waving the HAZ-MAT fee if you ordered a large quantity. No one wanted them. So now? They are barely coming back but no way to tell when the next panic will get set off.

As always with this speculation no one knows. Do you have enough to last years if there were none? If not I would buy some now. Few have memories that last long sadly. It was not too long ago the shelves were full of these. Some places were waving the HAZ-MAT fee if you ordered a large quantity. No one wanted them. So now? They are barely coming back but no way to tell when the next panic will get set off.
Yup. Then ad in devaluation of the dollar…

and if you cram the closets full of primers now, you might be able to sell them at a 300% profit during the next panic! Win-Win!

and if you cram the closets full of primers now, you might be able to sell them at a 300% profit during the next panic! Win-Win!
You know, I think you're on to something there. When/if prices dip and there's a glut in supply, we need lots of people to buy up a ton and hoard them until the next "shortage".

That will keep the manufacturers cranking them out instead of shutting down production lines and laying off workers. Then when high demand hits, there's a huge buffer of supply in the closets, basements, and garages of America, and prices won't be able to rise as much.

Of course if everyone is doing it, there won't be much profit in it, but it would never work anyway. Seems like a good idea though. :)

So who wants to spearhead the Strategic Primer Reserve program? :)
So, its ok to buy "things" to use? However, its not ok to buy "things" to store & sell at a later date?

Just want to clarify that what I'm doing as best for my family, is also OK according to everyone else.

How much is "ok" for me to have of "things" for my families wants & needs, by the way?

Please, let me know what else we should be doing with our family financials. Perhaps we should change our wants to only be what others consider needs.

Is there a list of what's OK & what's not OK per person, per household of "things"?

So, its ok to buy "things" to use? However, its not ok to buy "things" to store & sell at a later date?

Just want to clarify that what I'm doing as best for my family, is also OK according to everyone else.

How much is "ok" for me to have of "things" for my families wants & needs, by the way?

Please, let me know what else we should be doing with our family financials. Perhaps we should change our wants to only be what others consider needs.

Is there a list of what's OK & what's not OK per person, per household of "things"?
My apologies, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. My comments were meant as a lighthearted joke, nothing more.

Personally I have no problem whatsoever with anyone who wants to stock up on whatever they want to buy. I don't have anywhere near the stockpile of components that many here have stored away, but with the relatively small amount that I shoot, what I do have should last me and my kids many years - which is good, because I've swore off buying gun stuff for the indefinite future.

My apologies, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. My comments were meant as a lighthearted joke, nothing more.

Personally I have no problem whatsoever with anyone who wants to stock up on whatever they want to buy. I don't have anywhere near the stockpile of components that many here have stored away, but with the relatively small amount that I shoot, what I do have should last me and my kids many years - which is good, because I've swore off buying gun stuff for the indefinite future.
...and that's the rub.

You're set, currently, for what you deem your families wants & needs are. Fantastic!

We are as well, however not for many years.

Several years. I'd like to have enough on hand, at pricing I can afford, to be comfortable out towards many years. For what we enjoy (wants). Without such turning into needs in the future, at pricing I don't want to pay, or can't afford then.

Some folks are far less fortunate than the both of us. For any number of reasons.

Some folks haven't been thru shortages/blights, and are just starting out.

Folks whom have been thru blight cycles & hadn't planned accordingly whom COULD HAVE, then byach&moan about hoarding/price gouging/price fixing/market manipulation & on & on & on.

Have no one to blame other than themselves.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top