JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found a relatively decent deal on Winchester #41 primers. After doing a little google fu it seems like they may have a similar problem with pinhole ruptures like they had with some large rifle primers years ago. Has anybody used a bunch in 223/5.56 rounds? Any problems with them?

This is one person's results.

1703944804955.jpeg

They seem to be well reviewed here. At $63 per brick with local pick up, I think I will order a couple of bricks and give them a try. I will report back in a few years when I finally get around to loading some up.

Edit: 3000 primers are on the way to a Cabelas store (no shipping or haz mat was charged). I had $70 worth of old gift cards, so remaining total was only about $119. Hopefully they don't have the rupturing issues.

Last Edited:
I picked up brick of these at Cabela's for $79.00 a few weeks ago. I hope there's not an issue with them! Also have a brick + three hundred of CCI 41s. Haven't tried the Winchester yet. I don't load hot or heavy. 24gr h-335 under 55gr slugs.

I've run quit afew of the Winchester 41s say roughly 1300 or so with no issues. Loaded in both 556 and 6.8. I run mostly mid powder range loads so can't say how the hold upto hotter loads. Powders have been 335,322,cfe and some others. If I remember correctly they can be tight in some brass.
They were some of the only primers I could find locally for awhile. Like I said no problems for me so hopefully you will have the same results.

I've run quit afew of the Winchester 41s say roughly 1300 or so with no issues. Loaded in both 556 and 6.8. I run mostly mid powder range loads so can't say how the hold upto hotter loads. Powders have been 335,322,cfe and some others. If I remember correctly they can be tight in some brass.
They were some of the only primers I could find locally for awhile. Like I said no problems for me so hopefully you will have the same results.
There wasn't anything near the top of a search for "Problems with Winchester 41 primers". I'll probably load up 100 for next range day and let wifey shoot 'em.

Now I don't know if thats smart or brave but it is funny!
:D I guess that did sound weird. Wifey shoots most of the .223 in this house. She likes punching paper at 100yds. I'm more interested in shooting one of the two Swede Mausers. Or one of the Garlands, .30 carbine. Got a couple of lever guns too that we both like to ding the steel targets with. I'm always checking brass for damage too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top