JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cabelas yesterday morning.

20221217_090732.jpg

They had powders too.

Cabelas yesterday morning.

View attachment 1332001

They had powders too.
This has been the worst of these I have ever seen but, they do always end. About damn time this one started too. If nothing sets off another panic before long there will be sales on the stuff. Most of the people who were angry will soon ignore it until another panic and we start all over again :(

That's Cabela's. That LT-32 powder at $50.00 is probably the least expensive up there.
Could be. I've purchased enforcer, LTR, 4064, and TAC there recently for about $35/bottle. I do remember the LT-32 being especially pricey.

Hint: check the black powder section, take a picture of the price tag. I've found more than one misplaced powder there

Damn, I want the LRP as much as the next guy, but paying $150 is nuts.
Clearer picture from Thursday another guy posted.

View attachment 1332015
This panic is just like the many before it. As supply comes back price will drop. Now thanks to the fire hose of free money Brandon pumped out we will not see pre panic prices again. They will go down though. Last case of 9mm I bought was $260. A year ago that price would have been never seen. The primers will come down again if they sit on the shelf.

Sportsmans in Hillsboro have some Winchester small pistol today. $4.51 for 100 w a 200 limit still. Though they sa it might soon get lifted.
Unless they magically are able to get hundreds of bricks a week or month, it seems rather stupid to do that. They'd also be the first to remove limits on primers.

As they start to sit on shelves price will drop. Soon they will be on sale again and most will ignore them until the next panic. :s0092:
Isn't that the truth! I think for some people it's the thrill of the hunt, finding that elusive product that everyone wants, before it's "gone forever".

Once the shelves are full, cheap and plentiful; yawn…

Not everyone though. Plenty of us have been through this before, and have stocked up in the times of plenty before. I've stopped looking for primers myself, over a year ago. I just don't shoot high volume like some of you all, and realized that I have plenty for my needs, for the foreseeable future.

This panic is just like the many before it. As supply comes back price will drop. Now thanks to the fire hose of free money Brandon pumped out we will not see pre panic prices again. They will go down though. Last case of 9mm I bought was $260. A year ago that price would have been never seen. The primers will come down again if they sit on the shelf.
Add the uncertainty of the job market and that is a recipe for lower prices.

Isn't that the truth! I think for some people it's the thrill of the hunt, finding that elusive product that everyone wants, before it's "gone forever".

Once the shelves are full, cheap and plentiful; yawn…

Not everyone though. Plenty of us have been through this before, and have stocked up in the times of plenty before. I've stopped looking for primers myself, over a year ago. I just don't shoot high volume like some of you all, and realized that I have plenty for my needs, for the foreseeable future.
I look where ever, when ever, we happen to be out and about anyway. Sportsman's, Bimart, Cabela's. I did the checking several times a week thing after Sandy Hook. I'd only started loading in late 2011 so didn't have any stash to speak of.
I'll remember always that day I went into Sportsman's. They had a powder list on the counter. Waiting to get a look at the list and a guy came out from the back with an arm load of powders!!! LOL. All I owned was hand guns at the time and I had scored 10,000 Tula small pistol primers, when they started coming back, from Powder Valley, so was set in the primer department.

Last Edited:
Cabelas Tualatin had bricks of CCI SRP for about $90 yesterday. Pretty sad when Cabelas is selling the same product at less than half the cost, and by the brick rather than limiting you to 2-3 sleeves of primers like some retailers have been (not sure Fisherman's current policy). I've rarely walked out of Cabelas feeling like I got a good deal…and didn't buy primers at $90/brick. I don't need them that bad!
I just called Fisherman's in OC since I was in the neighborhood.. CCI SRP's $20/100.
😆

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads