JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now that all of the hunters are done sighting in their super magnums I can enjoy an empty range again.

I have found that the 69gr. Match Burners are a budget friendly option. Mil-surplus brass and straight thrown charges (no trickling) are sub moa.

300yd.
20191216_171257.jpg

My brother gave me one of those funny little targets. I guess that's what they're using now a days.
When I was in, we shot 100, 200, 300 & 500 yards. Silhouette of an upper torso, (Dog) and 20" Bull's Eye.
I would have trouble relating to those little guys.
A , "Rifleman" score ment that you had just barely qualified.

*I didn't mean to talk down to anyone. Just noting how times have changed. Face bigsmyl.gif

Last Edited:
Mostly shooting my 17 HMR lately, Tikka T1x. Here are a few of my 10 round groups at 100 yards.
44840B03-D2E3-4C55-8EFF-D4A1D2EF1CAD_1_201_a.jpeg

Here is a 10 shot group from my Rem 700 LR in 7mm RM. Don't shoot 10 shot groups very often with it but I think I'm ok with this group. I know, I missed the bulls eye. I don't really care. ;)

96350497-602B-4A65-A699-A11DCD30E44F_1_201_a.jpeg

This was with my tikka ctr 308. Just the innder 3 at 100 yards while sighting in for the first time(shooting nosler accubond 160's).
Just the inner 3. The others were from getting on paper with some 147 grain s&b. Definitely NOT the right ammo for this rifle. Accubonds did wonderfully.

*i was being a cheap-bubblegum and didnt swap targets.*

20191019_150010.jpg

My brother gave me one of those funny little targets. I guess that's what they're using now a days.
When I was in, we shot 100, 200, 300 & 500 yards. Silhouette of an upper torso, (Dog) and 20" Bull's Eye.
I would have trouble relating to those little guys.
A , "Rifleman" score ment that you had just barely qualified.

*I didn't mean to talk down to anyone. Just noting how times have changed. View attachment 641835

None taken

Being timed and getting into position was a challenge for my me. I have been shooting most of my life, but can't ever really recall shooting prone or sitting. It was fun. I learned a lot and meet some good people.

Last Edited:
For the, "Sitting Position," I can still remember the D.I. walking around screaming..."Get your elbow under that piece!"
He carried an ax handle which he used as a pry bar to help you get your elbow where it belonged.
I don't think they do that any more either. Face bigsmyl.gif

For the, "Sitting Position," I can still remember the D.I. walking around screaming..."Get your elbow under that piece!"
He carried an ax handle which he used as a pry bar to help you get your elbow where it belonged.
I don't think they do that any more either. View attachment 641847

I remember in boot camp, snapping in (dry fire), my sling was so tight that my hand went numb from the wrist forward.

Excellent.

Doing it is completely different than watching it on tv.

Sure is

I went in the Air Force..we went to the range a total of once! I thought is was pretty easy, the "qualifying", the rifles were crap. Most of the guys couldn't put anything on the target!

FN9C target.jpg
Thirty feet..P365. Why 30'ft you ask? Because most gun battles happen in 30' or less and in diminished lighting.. And justification of shooting someone who posses a threat to you is much easier at 30' than say 100' unless you're being fired upon.
IMHO:s0159:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads