JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am will have to look into this. I do have a bucket of scrap brass that I need to take in some day. Again many of the shots will be under 200 yards, but even with mild steel I am assuming it would take a lot of rounds before being so damaged they would not work.
Some of my 1/2" has several thousand pistol rounds on it with little notice. Rifle is a different story obviously.

I am will have to look into this. I do have a bucket of scrap brass that I need to take in some day. Again many of the shots will be under 200 yards, but even with mild steel I am assuming it would take a lot of rounds before being so damaged they would not work.
Not the rifle calibers, you'll get pitting even at that distance.

Been a while since I bought any, however bought Thor locally & "Make it ring" online.

Best deals were via there email list, whenever there were specials & such.

No idea these days, would likely be best to compare with companies others are suggesting.

If you're patient shootingtarget7 has some really good deals from time to time. Back in July I picked up a bunch of 5/8" zinc plated gongs. 4 - 6" and 3 - 4"... shipped... $100.

That's degrees cheaper than a guy can buy stock material for, and even at that, 5/8" is pretty tough to come by. It might be overkill for your intended use, but I highly doubt those 5/8" will ever have to be replaced for a couple generations or so.

Just a "for example".

I will simply say, steel targets are an investment. And not all steel is created equal but you generally get what you pay for. On the bright side, a quality steel target, if taken care of properly, should last you a lifetime...unless you are running a public gun range or just shoot a crazy amount of ammo. But even with that they should las a good long while if taken care of.

Instead of 6-10, maybe start off with 3 or 4 quality targets and add more down the road.

Thank you for the other feedback. I will look at those suggestions. At one point I had a few railroad tie plates and those worked well.
I have a couple of railroad tie bearing plates.
They work well for pistol, Maybe at long range they would hold up to rifle.
My "bought" collection has come from :
AR 500 Target Solutions
ShootingTargets7
ShootSteel

Shameless plug from the place I bought my targets from. 5/8" x 12" for $67.45 with shipping included. 1/2" x 12" gong for $50.74 with shipping included.

I have no affiliation with these guys other than I have been very pleased with the AR500 targets I purchased from them.

Another vote for Shootingtargets7.com. I have picked up quite a few targets from them over the last few years. They have a bargin bin and regular sales, so check back often. I'm a happy customer, recommend them when this subject comes up and will continue to buy from them as the need arises.

I just made an order today from Shooting Targets 7.

I ended up with 10 of the 8" Milspec Armor gongs and 5 of the 4" AR500 Hanging Gongs 5/8 both on sale for 50% off cost me $140 shipped.

Now I will have some work to do when I get home this spring. Get them hung up around the property and tested. Might put some bowling pins out also, I still have a few cases of those I got for free.

I just made an order today from Shooting Targets 7.

I ended up with 10 of the 8" Milspec Armor gongs and 5 of the 4" AR500 Hanging Gongs 5/8 both on sale for 50% off cost me $140 shipped.

Now I will have some work to do when I get home this spring. Get them hung up around the property and tested. Might put some bowling pins out also, I still have a few cases of those I got for free.
They'll last a long time as long as you keep the armor piercing ammo away from them.
I've tried different colors and I like flat white the best.

No plans for AP. Will likely mostly see .22, .223 BT with some .308 FMJ.

I might paint them from time to time, but will mostly be "natural" color from being outside all the time.

I bought a 2'x6' piece of ar-500 from cascade steel for $200.00 cut out two full sized coyote targets and some gongs and then sold one of the coyote targets for $200.00. used rebar for a frame.

They'll last a long time as long as you keep the armor piercing ammo away from them.
I've tried different colors and I like flat white the best.
I like to paint a target on them using the magnetic stencils and adding an orange or red bullseye…
43323182-FE5C-4134-BF1E-D8E839055186.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR