JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My friend Shooting just like you picture they always lean back and tilt there head .I had to go over and over again with him too IMAG0574.jpg

Wait. Wait. Wait. Is that all it takes to get an invite to Clark? Kids? You can borrow mine to spoil and send home anytime! :p:D:s0140: Clark and Tri-County are the 2 ranges I have yet to shoot at. :s0141:

See here is the deal. If I take you there it would spoil you for any other range and I just can't do that to a person so I will do you a favor and not invite you:confused:o_O:D

J/K maybe someday your a long way from Clark aren't you.

See here is the deal. If I take you there it would spoil you for any other range and I just can't do that to a person so I will do you a favor and not invite you:confused:o_O:D

J/K maybe someday your a long way from Clark aren't you.

Don't you worry you're pretty little head about how far I am from Clark, I've driven farther for less! As long as it's not an a Appleseed weekend, I'm down!:D:p

It's not that bad really, my indoor range is about an hour away and I'm there all the time.... just not much fun to shoot my rifles at 25 yards :confused: or indoor. And not enough shooting partners to go out to the forest as often as I'd like. :rolleyes:

Awsom next time try this with them laying down no bent knee legs spread out to the side little bit more than shoulder toes pointed out .
Big toes on the ground this is kinda a natural thing to do bend one knee up but they will be more stable with legs extend toes pointed out View attachment 500442

So they way I was taught to shoot long range is to have the trigger side knee up. This gets your pelvis in contact with the ground on one side, and relieves pressure on the diaphragm. With less pressure on the diaphragm, you will notice a lot less movement in your sights, especially when shooting out 600+ meters.

By getting OFF your toes, it minimizes movement in your feet and legs, which again, translates to less movement in the sights. As for comfort? Yeah, it takes some stretching and practice to make those positions natural.

If you go watch videos of Wimbledon Shooting matches, where they shoot 1,000 yards, they have their legs pulled up, and ankles on the ground.

However, in all things, your mileage may vary...

Respectfully
BandAid

Last Edited:
So they way I was taught to shoot long range is to have the trigger side knee up. This gets your pelvis in contact with the ground on one side, and relieves pressure on the diaphragm. With less pressure on the diaphragm, you will notice a lot less movement in your sights, especially when shooting out 600+ meters.

By getting OFF your toes, it minimizes movement in your feet and legs, which again, translates to less movement in the sights. As for comfort? Yeah, it takes some stretching and practice to make those positions natural.

If you go watch videos of Wimbledon Shooting matches, where they shoot 1,000 yards, they have their legs pulled up, and ankles on the ground.

However, in all things, your mileage may vary...

Respectfully
BandAid
My way is mainly for a bipod .I went back and looked he didn't have one .lol I guess everyone does it different .

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top