Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Post pictures of you teaching the next generation gun safety and appreciation

Reactions
Last month, my step-mother's coworker and 2 of her daughters i believe 13 (background on the purple 10/23) and 20 years old (foreground on the sub2k 9mm). The mother used to be pretty anti-gun, but she let me take them out and teach some things.
They were willing to try everything from a 10/22 (couldnt tear the youngest away) to handguns to my Mosin 91/30.

I started them on the Mosin and worked backward. They started out thinking all were scary. Ended with "these are all fun, but the Mosin kicks a lot - but I hit a steel plate at 100 yards with it!!"

Fun time for everyone.

-Mike

7537.jpeg

orygun

Reactions
My grandson's been shooting 22 rifles for a few years and tried my Ruger Standard last year, but it was a little heavy. Now that he's bigger and stronger we gave it a whirl with a Taurus 8 shot 22 revolver. The hammer pull is a bit tough, but we'll get past that with time.
revolver shooting.jpg

Last edited:

EPS

Reactions
My grandson's been shooting 22 rifles for a few years and tried my Ruger Stnadard last year, but it was a little heavy. Now that he's bigger and stronger we gave it a whirl with a Taurus 8 shot 22 revolver. The hammer pull is a bit tough, but we'll get past that with time.
View attachment 534212
If you can get a hold of one of these.
They are so lite it's crazy.
Ruger 22/45 lite.
MVIMG_20181211_115953.jpg

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online