JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My teaching consists of holding targets for new shooters. I feel really satisfied just to make it through the day. I'm NOT gonna even mention, how happy the people living in the apartments behind the range feel.

target_holder_zpsfd3b83d5.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last month, my step-mother's coworker and 2 of her daughters i believe 13 (background on the purple 10/23) and 20 years old (foreground on the sub2k 9mm). The mother used to be pretty anti-gun, but she let me take them out and teach some things.
They were willing to try everything from a 10/22 (couldnt tear the youngest away) to handguns to my Mosin 91/30.

I started them on the Mosin and worked backward. They started out thinking all were scary. Ended with "these are all fun, but the Mosin kicks a lot - but I hit a steel plate at 100 yards with it!!"

Fun time for everyone.

-Mike

7537.jpeg

My grandson's been shooting 22 rifles for a few years and tried my Ruger Standard last year, but it was a little heavy. Now that he's bigger and stronger we gave it a whirl with a Taurus 8 shot 22 revolver. The hammer pull is a bit tough, but we'll get past that with time.
revolver shooting.jpg

Last Edited:
My grandson's been shooting 22 rifles for a few years and tried my Ruger Stnadard last year, but it was a little heavy. Now that he's bigger and stronger we gave it a whirl with a Taurus 8 shot 22 revolver. The hammer pull is a bit tough, but we'll get past that with time.
View attachment 534212
If you can get a hold of one of these.
They are so lite it's crazy.
Ruger 22/45 lite. MVIMG_20181211_115953.jpg

20190706_104040.jpg
Took my 18 year old nephew shooting for the first time this weekend. He was very logical in his approach and followed directions very well because it made sense. He said he had a good time.

Nice. I'm always looking for new people young and old to take shooting.

This thread is full of so much fun.

Almost makes me want to start another Bronze Membership giveaway!

Lol you really want to see how cute she is .
Yep this is a full plate carrier on a 3 year old.
A few more years she will be able to carry the gun .
And the plate carrier and ammo at the same time. MVIMG_20190430_200309.jpg MVIMG_20190430_200248.jpg

IMG_5921.JPG
Bought my son a sporterized Mosin Nagant for his birthday. I think the expression says it all. 03 IMG_0714.jpg 04 IMG_0733.JPG 05 IMG_0717.jpg
This little guy is the son of a doctor that my wife works for. Both son and father had a great first time out on the range!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top