JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Isn't that that thing sweet! I had my girlfriend practice with that Saturday transitioning between targets for about 200 rounds before we put the .223 BCG back in and practiced same thing with the realistic recoil.

I put buying one off for a long time, but couldn't pass up a deal Brownell's recently had on it. It turns out I really like it. Also, I think over 4 hours my daughter paid for the kit in ammo savings by using 22lr instead of .233.

AK

You can cut off about 1" off the butt of that takedown with a vertical bandsaw, the butt plate is glued in, not very well I might add and so it will pop right out with some help. then you shave the edges of the butt plate to match the smaller new configuration of the butt of the stock and glue it back on with some black permatex. Another year or so it will be perfect for her. I bought a takeoff on ebay to have a OEM one to put back on later if desired. It works great for teaching the kids.
GREAT IDEA thanks! I am going to look into that. :)

I put buying one off for a long time, but couldn't pass up a deal Brownell's recently had on it. It turns out I really like it. Also, I think over 4 hours my daughter paid for the kit in ammo savings by using 22lr instead of .233.

oooohhhh! I just checked, that is a good price!

and basically 5 shots of .22lr are 1 .223, cost wise, so I would definitely say you will recoup your investment quickly.

here's ours that I built. Momma's on top junior in the middle and mine on the bottom 20171016_164231.jpg

Right to Bear Arms has the CMMG conversion kits on sale $145 free ship with one mag.

Brownells.com has the same kit for 139.99 and there is a code running around for $10 off and free shipping. "M3P" I think it is.

Also, you can get the magazines from CDNN Sports for $8.99 each with flat $9.99 shipping. Much less than other sites if you buy a couple. No affiliation with either site, just sharing where I got the best deal on the conversion kit.

Wow the price of these things is falling faster than a brick. I buy the sonic welded mags from Black Dog Machine. They are a little spendy but are smoked grey and you can see through them for round count. I can't really count the rounds but can see whether or not they are full. I get the 10 rd'ers for the kids so they have to change mags each string. That way mag management or lack thereof doesn't come into play at a match.

Brownells.com has the same kit for 139.99 and there is a code running around for $10 off and free shipping. "M3P" I think it is.

Also, you can get the magazines from CDNN Sports for $8.99 each with flat $9.99 shipping. Much less than other sites if you buy a couple. No affiliation with either site, just sharing where I got the best deal on the conversion kit.

CMMG is great for warranty, they have replaced any broken parts for nothing we do break firing pin return springs and firing pins from time to time. We can get about 8k rounds on a pin then change them out or when they break. The thought is because of the fire control groups we use. But we very rarely have a FTF. We have dedicated match and practice bolts to keep down the round count on the match ones. We practice weekly all year, the boys shoot about 200 rds ea. per week not including matches.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top