JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My youngest upgraded to 9mm last week. They grow up so fast!
IMG_20180611_174857.jpg

Didn't snap a photo, dad did I'll have to get it from him to share. Had a Chinese exchange teacher shooting the .22 LR AR and the Ruger MK II .22 LR pistol. She was a natural.

Starting the seeds to the insurrection lol

This past weekend my daughter and her family were in town for my birthday. I've wanted to introduce my granddaughters (now 10 and 12) to .22 target shooting with a rifle, but knew I'd have to get my daughter and her husband out to the range first, just so they could see that it was safe and fun. My daughter has never held a gun and is a little afraid of them, and her husband shot a little .22 pistol as a kid but nothing for the last 30 years.

I took them both out on Saturday to shoot paper and reactive targets (spinning green plastic gophers), and they are both completely hooked. Both had a blast, and I heard screams of "Die, gopher, die!"

Fast forward, I get them all out on Sunday (including my granddaughters) to do a little more shooting before they head out of town.

No pictures of my grand daughters shooting (my daughter's not a big fan of pictures of her girls on the internet), but picture of target. Top row third target from left is first shot ever fired by the 10 year old, top row left target her next 8 shots; second in from bottom/left first 8 shots ever fired by the 12 year old. All from a .22 lr rifle at 25 yards off bipod and rear bag. The match chamber in the Anschutz 54 action didn't like the CCI Standard Velocity ammo (hard bolt closure), so we limited the number of rounds each girl fired.

2Q3QSD.jpg

My daughter had to drag her husband away, otherwise he'd still be at the range. So, three brand new shooters, plus one who's discovered it again, and a great weekend for me.

Took my little man to his first Project Appleseed event! I'm an Instructor in Training for the program, so I worked with him as well as the other instructors. He's going to give his mom a run for her money! His first experience shooting a Ruger 10/22 and he did very well for a 9 year old with a rifle a little too long for his short arms. :s0115: 545D7F12-A54A-4F1A-9DB1-7353D81316E7.jpeg FDEED8D7-3205-4065-8E1F-BFB8A5DDCA3E.jpeg EB8CBF69-E942-4904-A54E-F236E08E2807.jpeg 5AD8B0E6-A1DA-41DE-AB41-A855724335D1.jpeg

Took my little man to his first Project Appleseed event! I'm an Instructor in Training for the program, so I worked with him as well as the other instructors. He's going to give his mom a run for her money! His first experience shooting a Ruger 10/22 and he did very well for a 9 year old with a rifle a little too long for his short arms. :s0115:View attachment 500175 View attachment 500176 View attachment 500177 View attachment 500178
Quite impressed by the shot group for his first shooting event!

Last Edited:
Thank you! I know you haven't shot prone since you were in the military, ;) but there's still room on the firing line for the last Appleseed event in Oregon! Both rimrife and centerfire rifles are welcome. Bring your little ones if you have any or maybe a couple of your range buddies? :p:D
Eagle Creek, OR Appleseed October 20-21, 2018 – Project Appleseed

All my kids are out of the house. I guess I shouldn't sell my 10/22 if I want to do one of these events next year. @Joe13 what do you think. Next summer?

All my kids are out of the house. I guess I shouldn't sell my 10/22 if I want to do one of these events next year. @Joe13 what do you think. Next summer?
:rolleyes::rolleyes: Kids out of the house... what's that like? :p Some ranges allow centerfire too... I'm sure you have an AR or 2 laying around, although .223 hurts the bank account a little more than .22lr does. But if you're going to sell a 10/22, let me know! :D

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Kids out of the house... what's that like? :p Some ranges allow centerfire too... I'm sure you have an AR or 2 laying around, although .223 hurts the bank account a little more than .22lr does. But if you're going to sell a 10/22, let me know! :D

@Joe13 actually is going to buy it if I decide to sell. I am having a hard time deciding because it would be a great first rifle for my grand kids some day. As for the kids out of the house, its quiet and great when they come to visit. Really want some grand kids so I can spoil them and send them home! :D

@Joe13 actually is going to buy it if I decide to sell. I am having a hard time deciding because it would be a great first rifle for my grand kids some day. As for the kids out of the house, its quiet and great when they come to visit. Really want some grand kids so I can spoil them and send them home! :D
I have some you could borrow ;)

A 70 year old native Washatonian shooting an AR-15 for the first time.
View attachment 500440
Lol he looks like everyone I ever took SHOOTING .I let them do it how they want for a few shots .
Then I stop them and say lean into it be aggressive fighting stance .head up no leaning over the stock .and see if there Shooting gets better .im not knocking you I got plenty of pictures of my friends that have never shot a AR15 BEFORE THAT LOOK JUST LIKE THAT

Took my little man to his first Project Appleseed event! I'm an Instructor in Training for the program, so I worked with him as well as the other instructors. He's going to give his mom a run for her money! His first experience shooting a Ruger 10/22 and he did very well for a 9 year old with a rifle a little too long for his short arms. :s0115:View attachment 500175 View attachment 500176 View attachment 500177 View attachment 500178
Awsom next time try this with them laying down no bent knee legs spread out to the side little bit more than shoulder toes pointed out .
Big toes on the ground this is kinda a natural thing to do bend one knee up but they will be more stable with legs extend toes pointed out FDEED8D7-3205-4065-8E1F-BFB8A5DDCA3E.jpeg

Lol he looks like everyone I ever took SHOOTING .I let them do it how they want for a few shots .
Then I stop them and say lean into it be aggressive fighting stance .head up no leaning over the stock .and see if there Shooting gets better .im not knocking you I got plenty of pictures of my friends that have never shot a AR15 BEFORE THAT LOOK JUST LIKE THAT

That's exactly what I did.:D He just couldn't fathom my instructions to the letter so I just let him shoot "His" ammo...:p:p:p

That's exactly what I did.:D He just couldn't fathom my instructions to the letter so I just let him shoot "His" ammo...:p:p:p
Lol my mom is 72 so I know the feeling I had to tell her over and over and over again finger off the trigger no leaning back or no slaking .
Lean in like your in a boxer pose or FIGHTING STANCE .we still working on it .
She always ask me how come you don't buy me a gun .
And I have to say you don't listen to me when I try to teach you .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top