JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is this really all the state requires for safety training? I was thinking I was going to have to pay for a in person hands on course? 🤔 I literally did a few minutes of reading of what I call common sense and hit download certificate & printed. All said and done it took me a few minutes.

Last Edited:
Yes...and thank you to @Sporting Systems for doing this.

Safety with firearms is important.
Taking a course or instruction is helpful for learning how to be safe with firearms.

With that said....
Safety is a individual choice.....you can't make someone be safe.
A law , requirement , a safety course or instruction will not make anyone , or anything safe.
You are either safe with handling firearms or you are not....

In any event ....being made to take a safety course goes against my grain...
I am glad that the online course offered , meets someone else's standards of safety , so I can buy a gun.

I say someone else's not as a slam at Sporting Systems and their course...but to that someone else who thought up this BS requirement...'cause my safety standards may be more stringent , than theirs....
Again safety is individual choice.
Andy

Last Edited:
Just curious, does anyone have a copy of the state required training course for wannabe politicians ? I'd like to see a copy of that.

Considering the serious ramifications of having an unqualified individual being put into public office, I am sure it must have a voluminous lesson plan with numerous references to the bill of rights,

Just curious, does anyone have a copy of the state required training course for wannabe politicians ? I'd like to see a copy of that.
Considering the serious ramifications of having an unqualified individual being put into public office, I am sure it must have a voluminous lesson plan with numerous references to the bill of rights,
If you fail the class, you sit on the dunce chair
1705347489667.png

Is this really all the state requires for safety training? I was thinking I was going to have to pay for a in person hands on course? 🤔 I literally did a few minutes of reading of what I call common sense and hit download certificate & printed. All said and done it took me a few minutes.

If it says that that is what is required you have failed. Your reading comprehension renders you unsuitable to possess a firearm.

If it says that that is what is required you have failed. Your reading comprehension renders you unsuitable to possess a firearm.
I read and followed the steps. At the end I got a certificate with my name on it so don't really care if you think I'm suitable to possess or not. Sorry we can't all be smart like you. I'm not new to firearms nor smart guys like yourself but I will say I am trying to learn the new gun laws and was asking a question because I don't think I know everything. If you're so knowledgeable yourself try teaching others instead of being a troll. 🧌

Yes...and thank you to @Sporting Systems for doing this.

Safety with firearms is important.
Taking a course or instruction is helpful for learning how to be safe with firearms.

With that said....
Safety is a individual choice.....you can't make someone be safe.
A law , requirement , a safety course or instruction will not make anyone , or anything safe.
You are either safe with handling firearms or you are not....

In any event ....being made to take a safety course goes against my grain...
I am glad that the online course offered , meets someone else's standards of safety , so I can buy a gun.

I say someone else's not as a slam at Sporting Systems and their course...but to that someone else who thought up this BS requirement...'cause my safety standards may be more stringent , than theirs....
Again safety is individual choice.
Andy
So….. what you're SAYING is that you don't chew gum and handle firearms at the same time.

;) :D

I read and followed the steps. At the end I got a certificate with my name on it so don't really care if you think I'm suitable to possess or not. Sorry we can't all be smart like you. I'm not new to firearms nor smart guys like yourself but I will say I am trying to learn the new gun laws and was asking a question because I don't think I know everything. If you're so knowledgeable yourself try teaching others instead of being a troll. 🧌
Just pointing out that you were/ are asking a rhetorical question, as you well know.
Sheesh, be thankful it was essentially a self explanatory pamphlet and not something much more onerous as exists in other jurisdictions.

Just pointing out that you were/ are asking a rhetorical question, as you well know.
Sheesh, be thankful it was essentially a self explanatory pamphlet and not something much more onerous as exists in other jurisdictions.
Ok and I'm pointing out you are being a troll. Because I expected it to be more then what it was and I personally found it to be pretty much common sense you want to say that my reading comprehension renders me unsuitable to possess. That makes no sense at all just scroll on I refuse to give someone like you anymore of my time. ✌🏻

Tough questions like, "WHAT is your favorite color"?

Red…. No blue!!

Ok and I'm pointing out you are being a troll. Because I expected it to be more then what it was and I personally found it to be pretty much common sense you want to say that my reading comprehension renders me unsuitable to possess. That makes no sense at all just scroll on I refuse to give someone like you anymore of my time. ✌🏻
Easy Chris, you be new here and 'taint familiar with ol' Deef's sense o' da humor he's sported 'round here for (literally) 10 Jahre…. illustrating the absurd by being absurd, bustin' ballz, and trollin' is how we be rollin'.

It's a sport and (mainly) done in good fun to bring a bit of levity to an otherwise frustrating political schituation, that's all.

I'm not much for playing "peacemaker" (because IDGAF), and @Certaindeaf can MORE than stick up for himself…. just some friendly advice.

;)

Troll? You are the defacto disingenuous troll asking a rhetorical question. It's really rather simple.

To get back to the original topic, it is often helpful to remember that anti-freedom politicians pass these laws to market themselves to their voters. "I passed a bill that forces those horrible gun owners to pass a safety class before they can buy a gun!" They don't really accomplish anything.

To get back to the original topic, it is often helpful to remember that anti-freedom politicians pass these laws to market themselves to their voters. "I passed a bill that forces those horrible gun owners to pass a safety class before they can buy a gun!" They don't really accomplish anything.
It's the ol' classic, "I care, I'm a good person….. without actually having to DO anything", virtue-signaling ploy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top