JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bro, that's a sweet lookin caping knife! I like it!:)
Thanks! The small one?

Tried to make it a scandi grind, but angle was too shallow. Steel was from an old file and a little to thick. Put a 35 degree on it and it is pretty sharp. Gave it to a co-worker who I know likes handmade knives.

Made these for my groomsmen out of 1095. Sheaths got riveted and stiched and blades edged after this picture, then I sliced my thumb to the bone breaking in one of the sheaths.... Lol

VrscXL8.jpg

Very nice. Going to run a Weber on that?

Yes sir a DGV 32/36 Manual Choke. With a Forced fresh air intake through a trapezoid shaped K&N filter. I have a fresh air pickup made into the top of the grill right in front of the radiator in the very high pressure area. I guess maybe 1-1.5Lbs of boost at 60mph LOL. Hey when you start with 60HP you grab for anything you can.

Yes sir a DGV 32/36 Manual Choke. With a Forced fresh air intake through a trapezoid shaped K&N filter. I have a fresh air pickup made into the top of the grill right in front of the radiator in the very high pressure area. I guess maybe 1-1.5Lbs of boost at 60mph LOL. Hey when you start with 60HP you grab for anything you can.

60? off a cliff? :D

Nice work on the manifold and header. They look great.

60? off a cliff? :D

Nice work on the manifold and header. They look great.

Oh your one of the fast tractor crowd that think a Willys jeep can't do over 45mph. Well I drove this one in High school and I can assure you a good condition Willys Jeep with a stock drive train can easily do 60 mph and with a little effort 70. Well within the engines rpm capabilities. NOW as to the old lady sitting in the drivers seat who is used to a heated drivers seat power steering sound deadening and such that I can't tell you about. I learned to drive in this Jeep and for 3 years it was all I drove.

By the way the dash plate on a M-38 same drive train as a CJ-2A or 3A says 60mph is the top speed for hwy use. Even the Military knows they can go faster then a tractor LOL

dataplate-4_c.jpg

My dad's military vehicle ordnance manual lists the top speed of a WWII Jeep @ 65 mph.
At that speed, the engines turning just over 3800 rpm, so well within the realm of possibility.
...if you engage the Warn Overdrive, that engine speed will get you about 87 mph, but I think the real world reports were more like 75-80 (but how would one know? the speedo only went to 60! :p ).

mmu_get_jpeg.jpg

Last Edited:
Oh your one of the fast tractor crowd that think a Willys jeep can't do over 45mph.

@Mark W. , lighten up a bit, Dude. It's a joke.
And you aren't the only one that's spent time with these critters.
racin Willys.jpg
Time trials at Oldies but Goodies drags, June 2010.
If ya shift into OD just before the end of the 1/4, it will go 50.00MPH. (takes 24 seconds to get there)

@DeanMk Funny that your military pic says Willys Model "MB", cuz that one's a Ford!

I would be curious what ID's that as a GPW and not an MB.

And I'm plenty light but I will point out the performance of one 65 year old vehicle does not always reflect the performance of another.

How are you differentiating an MB from a GPW?
I was quoting directly off of the picture card you posted. That's a Ford. A Willys has two less slots in the grill.

I believe the GPW changed to MB after WWII.

And I'm plenty light but I will point out the performance of one 65 year old vehicle does not always reflect the performance of another.

True enough!

Actually orygun all WWII Military Jeeps MB and GPW have the 9 slot grill after about late 42. Willys introduced the 7 slot grill in 1945 with the CJ-2A the first civilian jeep. Ford stopped making GPW's almost the instant that the contracts were pulled in 1945 in fact so fast they had piles of parts to sell to Willys. Which used them up in the First CJ's. Also from late 43 early 44 all jeep bodies were made by a third company for both Ford and Willys. Willys continued with ACM until mid 1948 when they moved sheet metal work back in house.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top