JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Orygun,

"GPW" was Ford factory identifier for the Jeep.
"MB" was Willy's factory identifier for the Jeep.
That is why the earlier Willy's (and never was a Ford) Jeep was an MA....and yes, they're are referred to by collectors and enthusiasts as "Ma Jeep's".
Mark's right about the grill. The change came about because the way the headlight was mounted changed when the "WWII Jeep" became the CJ series (Grill changed on military Jeeps with the M38A1, which we also know as the CJ-5).
Ford hated the fact that Willy's was brought in on the Jeep, too. They had assumed that once they won the contract, the Jeep would be their's and only their's, however, management was now in the hands of the Army. Ford was simply a contractor working for them, so if they wanted a piece of the pie, they had to share.
Incensed, Ford wanted EVERYONE to know which Jeeps were built by them, so every single bolt they used to assemble the Jeep had the Ford stylized "F" stamped on the head.
It used to be a common thing to run across one, once in a while, when I was a kid.
I didn't learn the full story until years later, though.

Dean

Last Edited:
I baked my first apple pies last fall....

2018_1121_1414-01.jpg

...apples came off our tree in the front yard.

Dean

I finished the Header I was building. Had to drastically change how I planned to build the lower section (tube #3 kicked my bubblegum for a week) Anyway its now all welded up ground smooth and ready for the next section of the exhaust the secondary's which will be 1.75" OD tubes coming off the 2 into 1 collectors on the primary's these will be about 24" long. Then another 2 into 1 collector and out the 2.25" OD tail pipe.

Photos taken before final weld up

BBBZroe.jpg

XxSqW75.jpg

q0pxgcg.jpg

The primary and secondary sections will be Ceramic coated by Finish Line Coatings in Milwaukie Thinking a polished Silver color. But that could change.

I made these low-carb chicken bacon ranch poppers for a Superbowl party...

J-yZL6pbSUW9oAHn69_Jgw.jpg

They tasted better than they look, lol.

I like to do my own camo paint jobs on some of my firearms. I usually just do whatever colors I think are appropriate for the terrain they'll be in and then use actual leaves or branches for patterns. Some turn out better than others...

My last one was a .450 Bushmaster AR I built...

QWWHgal2Dr7bJ_0ZtAHQutOI6BGwYDTbTxYXBH9Cq2QpX92IB.jpg

My match Glock G35...

h9LhX36mQUuJSSMTP2-1JuabIsxl8GEj4dVWQBKPFsMpX92IB.jpg

My turkey gun...

GHGPWSqZSCmI6oWXelToew.jpg

I've done so much home improvement projects over the years that I've forgotten that I've actually made some cool things.

For my house in Arizona, I built an outdoor gas fireplace for the upper deck...

100_0079.jpg

Built this bar in the same house...

Azhouse3.jpg

Built a walk-in shower for my dad's house...

100_0651_zps072e571b.jpg

New 11:1 427 BBC with Holley HP sequential multi port fuel injection, dry nitrous control and methanol/water injection. 5 speed Richmond transmission and dual disk clutch. Taken months to get all this stuff together and running and I cant even get past the foot of snow on my driveway.

gI5VHt.jpg

Even with the 265 AFR heads it should peak in the 650 ish range at 6500 or so on pump gas with a spectacular torque curve. Plus another hundred and a half of nitrous. Its an exercise in building a big block like a modern engine complete with sequential injection, knock sensor, etc.

Couple SKS mods, shortened barrel ( legal ). bunch of additions, sold top one kept the bottom one, both were done by me. Most mods were internal. This was like a year or so ago, just found the pics today again and thought id share. The top was done using a large potato sack for the patterns.
BTW, these were done because the SKS's didnt match and were not whole, so after finding misc parts and doing mods this was the result. Would never have taken good SKS's and modded them, but a restore was not possible.

DSC_0206.JPG DSC_00512.JPG

078926E4-AA60-4B45-A38B-F2AF922F6A5D.jpeg 89A430EF-4C24-4379-A843-DD680C8DAB8E.jpeg 7F83295E-EF36-4029-BB06-3D099E208A78.jpeg F9DE1AFB-63D3-4D01-A573-45EF9B9D445E.jpeg Just carved this Small Block Chevy piston today.
My interpretation of "Hear , See, Speak No Evil"
Top can be used for ash tray , cut reliefs in.
Threaded the wrist pin holes for ear plugs.
Done with hand held tools.
Hopefully it reads right

OK, more a before/after than something I "made", heavily modified though...
Before: HF 40x48 trailer
HF40_48_S.jpg
After Low narrow light MC Trailer:
NewAxle.JPG
:D

Last Edited:
Even with the 265 AFR heads it should peak in the 650 ish range at 6500 or so on pump gas with a spectacular torque curve. Plus another hundred and a half of nitrous. Its an exercise in building a big block like a modern engine complete with sequential injection, knock sensor, etc.
...and that's the real beauty, right there.
You can build carbureted engines all day long and use your right foot as the "computer", but when the aftermarket companies make taking advantage of modern technology such an easy thing, you'd almost be stupid not to take advantage of it yourself.
Nice build. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads