JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Christmas present for my 4 year old nephew! It's all wood and kid proof, its prettt detailed, but tough enough for years of enjoyment and rough use! Truck is a 1986 Pacific P-16 and measures 3 feet!
20180929_202018.jpg 20180929_202031.jpg 20180930_173548.jpg 20181027_191432.jpg

Not as impressive as most of you guys, but, I like to make knives out of found objects by hand.
I've recently become enamored with peasant knives, and my favorite that sort of fits in that genre is the higo no kami knife.
Screenshot_20181027-205025.png
So, I am making a few of those out of these:
IMG_20181027_205052833.jpg
I'm not certain as to their original purpose, I have six or eight of them. I think I will fashion a foldable draw knife from one (two?) for long term backwoods camping.
I mostly just use carbide files and sharpening stones. It is very time consuming so far, but I am enjoying it.

another porch roof down...
pretty simple, but it's always fun notching 6x beams to fit a 4x beam cleanly on top of a 6x post...and no mistakes allowed. first cut has to be perfect when the beam is 30 feet long:eek:
Nice, been looking at thos project myself. Looks great

Not as impressive as most of you guys, but, I like to make knives out of found objects by hand.
I've recently become enamored with peasant knives, and my favorite that sort of fits in that genre is the higo no kami knife.
View attachment 512818
So, I am making a few of those out of these:
View attachment 512820
I'm not certain as to their original purpose, I have six or eight of them. I think I will fashion a foldable draw knife from one (two?) for long term backwoods camping.
I mostly just use carbide files and sharpening stones. It is very time consuming so far, but I am enjoying it.
I could ask my mom, but she's busy so I just looked it up.
According to the Google Translator "Higonokami" translates to "Fertilizer Guard".

….there's a dirty joke in there somewhere. :p:D;)

Dean

Cool article.
I have to say I see a lot of similarity between the Higonokami and a barber's straight razor.
Mainly, the little thumb lever used for opening the knife and the simple folded metal sheath.
I gotta wonder if one didn't influence the other.

The-Best-Straight-Razors-for-the-Cleanest-Shave.jpg

Dean

Again.... I grow more than I make.

My current system is limited to about 24 plants, if I remake to the below I can get 42 plants in the same space. 2'x5'.
Working on a new hydroponic layout:
0136E2D3-6BD4-48DB-9115-37FA6119B136.jpeg

I currently run a deep water culture and it is producing very well but I'm looking to maximize space.

24 heads ready for harvest and the birthday event I'm going to this afternoon. Hopefully I can score a little donation dough and feed the people with my greens.
6624622D-3220-48A8-9698-9E6F7DD6DF89.jpeg
D56DD059-D4B5-4DEA-959C-2C82DCFBA00E.jpeg

me and my employee had to burn some wood recently....found a piece of rebar so we made a knife while the fire burned...I had a battery air blower to help make the heat...also had some motor oil on hand to dip it in

20181108_143552.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top