JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just picked up a used Air Force Talon SS.
Was this the one from Var .308 ? I've been asking about it for a while. Great Gun!! I'm looking at a .25 for ground squirrels later on. For now i'm using my 17hmr, 22lr, HW77K in .20, and Rem NPSS .177. GOOOOD.....TRAAADE.
shawn

Yes I did get the Talon in trade from varmint killer for a remake of an M-1 Carbine I inherited. It's still on the workbench, I've taken the AR-15 grip and the front piece off and replaced them with laminated grips I carved from gluing 3/4" chunks of plywood together, what a difference!! I still haven't decided what kind of finish to put on them, I'm thinking either flat black duracoat to stick with the factory look or a very dark stain so the wood grains and glue lines show. Please let me know your guys opinion. :s0155:

Here she is without the custom front grip , I'm still working on the length cause it looks funny how long I had to make it to feel right.

I'll get a better pic when the front grip piece is done and I duracoat the shoulder piece to match everything else, just waiting on Midway's SLOWWW shipping. I'm also working on some kind of camouflage rain rifle poncho for it, any one know of a realtree tarp like material?

Just starting to shoot bullseye so I started looking for a pistol with which to practice in the garage. Seems that the Baikal IZH 46M was popular so I found a used one and then spent some time with a dremel modifying the grips:

i-5Ff4ZC7.jpg

Kept hearing about how great FWB 65's were so I found one of them but I'm not sold yet.

i-wWQ76sh.jpg

Good starter ADULT airgun? Go on Craigslist and buy a 1200 FPS break barrel springer (i scored a Gamo Whisper) with scope for under $100 then hit up CharlieDaTuna website get a custom $30 trigger (best mod ever). It will shoot 1/2" ctc groups at 50yrds. After shooting for awhile and the airgun bug has bit you, satisfy that itch with an upgrade by getting a nitro piston ($110 installed) and a decent scope with 12-16x magnification (mill dots, AO and illuminated reticle included) for about $70.

You now have a gun that will shoot 1 1/2 inch groups at 100yrds just like the $600+ guns but for about $300

My Crossman G1 Extreme is a break-barrel model that shoots 1000 fps. I didn't know just how powerful that was until I lined up two five gallon plastic buckets, took aim, and blasted right through both of them. Cost me under $100.00 at Bi-Mart.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top