JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
quick Colt...

ZZ6rK2.jpg
ZZ65kK.jpg

I own one and a half 1911's.

P5030392.JPG
Kimber Classic Gold Match. Early production. Ordered from and personally delivered by their Director of Marketing, Dwight VanBrundt at a Kalispell gun show

P5030391.JPG
Over 25 years later, at the same Kalispell show, I bought the Rimfire Target Conversion Kit.
Two-tone appearance makes it more difficult (for me at least) to grab the wrong ammo/magazine.:cool:
Practice just became (somewhat) cheaper. Accuracy is more than satisfying.

Mine are nuthin' as pretty as what's been shown here recently...
AMT Hardballer long slide, your basic Springfield Armory, and a SIG 1911 C3 in stainless...

AMT 1911.jpg
SA 1911-A1.jpg
SIG Sauer 1911 C3.JPG

Heres one I built earlier this year in .38 super, I used a Caspian frame and Caspian damascus slide with damascus trigger. Slide to frame tightened, oversized Kart barrel that we fit, Wilson BP parts with Cylinder and slide internals, adjustable sights, mammoth ivory grips. We did the bluing in house but sent out for the color case hardening on the frame. Plus approx 40 hours of labor to get this thing all tuned up, one of my favorite builds :)

View attachment 527047
SWEEEET!!!!! boo-koo beauty! I enjoy the look of "case coloring", The Mammoth grips are awesome but the grip screws really add a finishing touch. They really twist my throttle. A little trick I have I'll share from my H-D days is putting screw head caps in the wrench hole.
It just finishes & cleans up the look. Simple, simple small detail blocks debri, ie. whatever, from dirtying up the void that takes some doing to get spiffed up. That little trick adds a big, big detailed finish.
Awesome piece & .38 super:s0001:

Either you've got small hands or that's a freakishly small pistol.
Those Sistema Colt Modelo 1927 1911s aren't small. They're full size 1911s. It might look like it from his photo because how he has the magazine hanging out.
I had a chance to buy one of those (a little bit more than) several years ago. But, I wasn't able to do it at the time. I wish I would have been able to.
They have an interesting story. They originally were built under license from Colt in Argentina starting in the late 1920s. In the late 1930s, Ballester-Molina would also start building an almost identical handgun (as a less expensive alternative to the Model 1927) , but some of the internals were different.

Those Sistema Colt Modelo 1927 1911s aren't small. They're full size 1911s. It might look like it from his photo because how he has the magazine hanging out.
I had a chance to buy one of those (a little bit more than) several years ago. But, I wasn't able to do it at the time. I wish I would have been able to.
They have an interesting story. They originally were built under license from Colt in Argentina starting in the late 1920s. In the late 1930s, Ballester-Molina would also start building an almost identical handgun (as a less expensive alternative to the Model 1927) , but some of the internals were different.
Cool story, but I was making a joke about the monster magazine. :D

This one showed up today that I received from the second CMP offering of 1911's (Round 2).
My only 1911 at this point:

Remington Rand
August 1944
1945 Colt barrel (I think)
Grips are Korean War replacement based on the part numbers found.

C01980DF-B883-4C4D-9626-BD0F61D7FCE3.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads