JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who are your reps? And when is their next town hall or public appearance? Do you know?

UPCOMING TOWN HALLS
While I'm sure there are plenty of questions to ask them besides 2a issues, it would be interesting to see how they react to "are you taking Bloomberg campaign money", or Floyds favoritism from this secession.

Are any of the following in your district? Be sure to attend!

Town Hall Round #1.
"Please don't forget to join Rep. Greenlick and Senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward at townhalls tomorrow!

When: Saturday, April 19th at 11 AM
Where: Friendly House Library, 1737 NW 26th Ave, Portland, 97210

When: Saturday, April 19th at 2 PM
Where: Cedar Mills Library, 12505 NW Cornell, Beaverton, 97229"

Greenlick especially is anti 2A. Two opportunities to attend :)
Greenlick is not seeking re-election, but rather a position as a judge. Not sure who is running to replace him.

Town Hall Round #2. -RESULTS: Check out post #5 below.
April 21st, 6:30pm, at the
https://www.facebook.com/events/637957462943746/

Senator Burdick
Senator Richard Devlin
Reps Jennifer Williamson
Reps Margaret Doherty
Reps Ann Lininge

I'm not sure who's up for re-election, but it will be nice to ask a few questions here as well.

Will you attend?

Last Edited:
Who are your reps? And when is their next town hall or public appearance? Do you know?

UPCOMING TOWN HALLS
While I'm sure there are plenty of questions to ask them besides 2a issues, it would be interesting to see how they react to "are you taking Bloomberg campaign money", or Floyds favoritism from this secession.

Are any of the following in your district? Be sure to attend!

Town Hall Round #1.
"Please don't forget to join Rep. Greenlick and Senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward at townhalls tomorrow!

When: Saturday, April 19th at 11 AM
Where: Friendly House Library, 1737 NW 26th Ave, Portland, 97210

When: Saturday, April 19th at 2 PM
Where: Cedar Mills Library, 12505 NW Cornell, Beaverton, 97229"

Greenlick especially is anti 2A. Two opportunities to attend :)
Greenlick is not seeking re-election, but rather a position as a judge. Not sure who is running to replace him.

Town Hall Round #2.
April 21st, 6:30pm, at the
https://www.facebook.com/events/637957462943746/

Senator Burdick
Senator Richard Devlin
Reps Jennifer Williamson
Reps Margaret Doherty
Reps Ann Lininge

I'm not sure who's up for re-election, but it will be nice to ask a few questions here as well.

Will you attend?
Why? It is a set up and you know they all are gun-grabbers. Better to vote against them.

Here's another one May 15th. At the TownHall on Monday night (21st) she controlled the town hall format; flash cards were offered to people as they came in. If you had a question you wrote it down and it was handed to her. She would read it to herself, and decide 1) to answer it or not 2) how to read the questions. There were NO questions from the audience. It felt more like a lecture hall for politicians to stump their positions than a true town hall were voters might be treated as adults. We DID get in some good points when she publicly refused to answer questions about gun control. And she did NOT look good doing it. It also helped expose to the general audience that they were picking their questions and how they were worded when read.

If you missed the last one, you might get another chance in the future! If you know someone who feels strongly about the 2A in her district, let them know!
From Rep Doherty's page

From her facebook page:

Margaret Doherty for State Rep.
"Join me for a Town Hall tonight, April 21st at 6:30 at the SW Community Center-6820 SW 45th Portland. I will be joined by Reps. Lininger, Williamson, Sens. Burdick and Devlin.

There will also be a Tigard Town Hall May 15th from 7-8 at Tigard City Hall."

Last Edited:
Here's some highlights from the so-called "Town Hall" on the 21st.
The town hall went something like this
1) The politicians had everyone who wanted to ask a question to put it down on a flash card.
2) Once the meeting got started, the politicians would pick (silently) which questions to ask.
3) They would then read the question in their own words, or ignore questions they didn't want to answer.
It felt more like a grade-school than a town hall.

Everyone one of the reps (one sitting on the left in the video) tried to take a question, but was batted down by the rep running the lecture (I refuse to call it a town hall). Its a way for them to control the meeting and look good and not have to answer any questions they don't want to answer.

Here's some video of what was going on there.

In the end, there were quite a few 2nd amendment supporters giving them some grief.

Results from another town hall earlier on April 9th for Senator Diane Rosenbaum and retiring state Representative Carolyn Tomei.

http://www.2ndaction.org/oregon-legislators-dodge-ethics-questions-video/

Don't wait until the next gun grab starts. Head off the trouble before it can get started. Bloombergs millions will be here soon enough. I hope at least a few politicians will have second thoughts when Mr. Money-hands comes knocking at their campaign headquarters doors.

Note: next known town hall is: Margaret Doherty for State Rep. at Tigard Town Hall May 15th from 7-8 at Tigard City Hall.

If you know someone in that district, please be sure to let them know. They won't be alone!

Why? It is a set up and you know they all are gun-grabbers. Better to vote against them.

I've waited responding to your question "why" until there was some material to post on why it is important to show up.

It's not just us (Pro-2A crowd) that need to vote against the gun-control politicians, but other voters as well. The video where the representatives pretty much came out and said "I'm not going to answer that [tough question that might make me look bad]" (quotes in brackets are my interpretation) caused more of a murmur and surprise in the crowd than the video actually captured. But if there was no one there to push the question, nothing would have resulted. And all the people there would have only heard the politician drone on and on about how good they are and how much good they hope to do in the world (i.e. Vote for me, AGAIN!)
1) She (both Sen. ladies in the video) suddenly looked bad to a whole lot of other voters who care enough to show up to the town hall. We've given some of the people a reason to talk and a reason NOT to vote for the politician. (there was more than one "that wasn't my question" related to the 2A from the audience that night).
2) You are right, the town hall was a "set up", but these types of questions and forced interactions make it very difficult and embarrassing for the politicians to have credit with the voters that care after something like this.
3) The last frame of the second video of Sen. "you don't need a gun" Burdick surrounded by five armed guards? (not to mention her change in attitude) Priceless.

Unfortunately, it does take time and effort. And I don't want to wait until 10 days before election day to try and convince people to vote out as many gun-grabbers as possible. I think we need to start that now.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top