JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe in freedom of speech, I also believe in right to privacy in a privately owned establishment. If you want to get on your soapbox with your bullhorn, do it somewhere acceptable.

Pushing your way into a gun range just shows how little these people care about any opinions that are different from their own. No respect.

They were obviously 'poking the bear' and did NOT get the outcome I believe they really wanted.....

The club members should be commended on their 'self control'.

Last Edited:
Did they perform the commie chant of 'hey hey, ho ho, blah blah blah has got to go'?

When you hear that boring bit of dull commie theatre, you know they're faux Americans...

Last Edited:
Funny that nra membership is only a few million or so, yet there are 65 million or so gun owners. But the nra gets all the heat. I suppose it's the most visible target.

Funny that nra membership is only a few million or so, yet there are 65 million or so gun owners. But the nra gets all the heat. I suppose it's the most visible target.
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The NRA is not a perfect organization. There are many things to dislike.

But, they have ~5 million members (unconfirmed) and spent a reported $5,076,000 on Gun Rights Lobbying in 2018. That's about a dollar per member.

Frankly, I'm appalled. That should have been at least $5 / member (and that's one reason I don't like the NRA!)

But, let's go down the 2018 list and pull out some big spenders...

The Open Society Policy Center spent 24,410,000. Hmmm...I wonder if they have at least 24M members...
Amazon spent 12.3M and Facebook spent 12.2M...Do they have at least 12M paying members that support their views?
Blue Cross/Blue Shield spent 17.48M...I wonder if their client base would approve of their lobbying, cause we all know how much people love their health insurer :rolleyes:

My point is that the NRA obviously has a massive member base that it represents, especially in comparison to every other lobby. And at 5M, they're hardly buying off politicians.

The only reason they take the heat is because the general public is simply unaware of any other rights organization...

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The NRA is not a perfect organization. There are many things to dislike.

But, they have ~5 million members (unconfirmed) and spent a reported $5,076,000 on Gun Rights Lobbying in 2018. That's about a dollar per member.

Frankly, I'm appalled. That should have been at least $5 / member (and that's one reason I don't like the NRA!)

But, let's go down the 2018 list and pull out some big spenders...

The Open Society Policy Center spent 24,410,000. Hmmm...I wonder if they have at least 24M members...
Amazon spent 12.3M and Facebook spent 12.2M...Do they have at least 12M paying members that support their views?
Blue Cross/Blue Shield spent 17.48M...I wonder if their client base would approve of their lobbying, cause we all know how much people love their health insurer :rolleyes:

My point is that the NRA obviously has a massive member base that it represents, especially in comparison to every other lobby. And at 5M, they're hardly buying off politicians.

The only reason they take the heat is because the general public is simply unaware of any other rights organization...

Soo....based on 5,000,000 members and $35/year for the membership that's $175,000,000 in annual revenue. Now, I didn't throw in any of the "emergency" donations that they call me for almost weekly. So let's say a meager 20% of members donate an additional $25/year in emergency donations. I think that number is REALLY low but let's use it. Makes the math easy.

$200,000,000/year in revenue, with the memberships and my BS low donation figure.

If I'm holding my slide rule correctly, that means the NRA spends a whopping 2.5% of their annual revenue actually lobbying for gun rights.

Where is the other 97.5% WAYNE?? Yeah yeah, I know about legal fees, marketing, employees and everything else. But come the F on here!

Hmmm. Who here wants to keep saying "I'm the NRA!"?

:rolleyes::mad:

If I'm holding my slide rule correctly, that means the NRA spends a whopping 2.5% of their annual revenue actually lobbying for gun rights.

Where is the other 97.5% WAYNE?? Yeah yeah, I know about legal fees, marketing, employees and everything else. But come the F on here!

I don't disagree that there is a lot of wasted money. But I'm trying to figure out what kind of org to compare them too... Are they a "lobbying org"? Not strictly. Are they a charitable org? ... Nope not that either. I'm thinking if they were either of those strictly, it would be much easier to get figures to compare. If we look at SAF or GOA, is that an accurate comparison? I'm asking because I don't know.

In the end, the NRA may be more of a "sporting/hunting/SD/ILS" org. Complex. So, they are covering a lot of bases there. Undoubtedly, at this critical time in our nation, I wish they would spend more time and effort on defending the right to own firearms.

Last Edited:
I don't disagree that there is a lot of wasted money. But I'm trying to figure out what kind of org to compare them too... Are they a "lobbying org"? Not strictly. Are they a charitable org? ... Nope not that either. I'm thinking if they were either of those strictly, it would be much easier to get figures to compare. If we look at SAFE or GOA, is that an accurate comparison? I'm asking because I don't know.

In the end, the NRA may be more of a "sporting/hunting/SD/ILS" org. Complex. So, they are covering a lot of bases there. Undoubtedly, at this critical time in our nation, I wish they would spend more time and effort on defending the right to own firearms.

Pretty sad that we can't define what they actually do.

It's been a long time since I was a member or I might be able to do so more accurately. But I do think that there's not a simple label that I could put on them. That said, if a non-gun person asked me what they do, I could probably give a lot of examples. :)

Every single gun control advocate champions for registration and confiscation. Their position is inherently and blatantly anti-2A. It IS mutually exclusive.
Truly sick people for them to be able to lie through their teeth and pretend they arent part of an extremist agenda. Also truly sick that they'd purposely hold such an event at a gun range by lying about who they were as a group.. that there lets you know they have no problem lying to peoples faces in order to push their agenda.

You've stumbled upon my main gripe with the NRA.

They should be publishing quarterly and annually, reports that:
- show due paying membership count
- show revenue broken down by dues, ad spend, classes, etc.
- show number of members added or lost
- sum the total number of classes provided, hours taught
- sum the number of people who went through those classes
- sum the number of new instructor/certifications given

The gist is that they should become much more transparent about their revenue and what they do with it. Not just for accountability's sake, but as proof of the fact that they represent a significant number of people and spend a pittance on lobbying as compared to local training, education, and events.

The opposition side is painting them as "child murderers" and "terrorists" and it seems they've no mind to try to change public opinion or counter that narrative.

Soo....based on 5,000,000 members and $35/year for the membership that's $175,000,000 in annual revenue. Now, I didn't throw in any of the "emergency" donations that they call me for almost weekly. So let's say a meager 20% of members donate an additional $25/year in emergency donations. I think that number is REALLY low but let's use it. Makes the math easy.

$200,000,000/year in revenue, with the memberships and my BS low donation figure.

Hmmm. Who here wants to keep saying "I'm the NRA!"?

:rolleyes::mad:
I do
I am the NRA
You missed that they publish 4 magazines per month that are distributed to the 5 or so million members as part of their membership.
They offer training for law enforcement and civilians as well as hunter safety.
And they fight for our rights.
Are they perfect? No.
Is there anyone bigger than the NRA fighting for our Second Amendment rights? No.
So,
I read your gripes but I'm missing your suggestion of something better.

Who will keep saying I am the NRA?
I will
I am the NRA
What have you got?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews