JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The NRA Lifetime (EPL version) is $25 per month for 60 months. We all piss away more than $25.00 per month on stupid stuff, so let's stop saying it's expensive. It's called priorities...that's all.

Along with the name calling and autocratic/dogmatic positioning as well. We get it from the left/antis as well but that does not make it right.

The bottom line is as long as 'we' continue a 'no compromise' stance we will always be challenged by the left/antis. They are our 'Isis'. They will never stop and will always have new members joining their fight.

Exactly. Pushing people away with the way we as a group treat "outsiders"

OP suggested:

And this is a good idea and might work in a few cases but one would have to know some libs and antis he or she were good enough friends with to make this work.
I suspect most of us do not (I don't) so it is not an option

Until we can find a way to reliably counteract the antis push, something to challenge them with, or to take away from them they are not going to stop.

Like I have said before gun control is purely conceptual for them - they have noting to loose from anything they do or accomplish.

Not from OP. Was still me saying that. This brings us back to getting out of our own echo chamber and meeting/getting to know people who are maybe of a different mindset.

Some of my closest friends are "from the other side of the isle" and while we don't agree on some things, the amount we agree on is substantial. I have taken them shooting and so far have moved at least 1 of them to purchase their first pistol.

If you're not going to follow, and not going to lead....then what?

Follow what? I pay my dues, as stated before. But I'm not going to swing from the NRA's nutsack either. They do some really shady sh!t, and for anyone here to think that by becoming a life member or showing up at an event will actually change that is mental masturbation at its finest.

What we CAN do is stop following them around like mindless sheep assuming they are doing their job. I think if they saw a steep drop in membership renewals along with poor reviews and honest discussions on internet boards such as this it MIGHT make a difference. MAYBE.

The NRA machine is powered by ONE thing. Money. And as long as we all keep sending it to them or promoting life memberships being as cheap as McDonald's then they have ZERO motivation to do anything better. They got your loyalty, they got your cash. Wayne got his mansion. Why do anything differently?

Follow what? I pay my dues, as stated before. But I'm not going to swing from the NRA's nutsack either. They do some really shady sh!t, and for anyone here to think that by becoming a life member or showing up at an event will actually change that is mental masturbation at its finest.

What we CAN do is stop following them around like mindless sheep assuming they are doing their job. I think if they saw a steep drop in membership renewals along with poor reviews and honest discussions on internet boards such as this it MIGHT make a difference. MAYBE.

The NRA machine is powered by ONE thing. Money. And as long as we all keep sending it to them or promoting life memberships being as cheap as McDonald's then they have ZERO motivation to do anything better. They got your loyalty, they got your cash. Wayne got his mansion. Why do anything differently?

Then you lose what they ARE doing. Its cheaper to fix a car than buy new. Especially if the last election and media hype proves the car is still running.

Then you lose what they ARE doing. Its cheaper to fix a car than buy new. Especially if the last election and media hype proves the car is still running.

Dude. I never said they don't do anything. What I said was they do some shady sh!t and it needs to be checked.

I paid for my life membership, I vote, and I realize if I'm going to put in the effort, I need to be happy with what I get because in the end, I do need their services.

A Life Membership/more money isn't the answer. If Apple made an iPhone that people REALLY disliked and didn't buy, they wouldn't throw in the towel. They would make ANY changes necessary to keep their customers happy and business going.

The NRA is no different. Keep throwing money at them and they have ZERO motivation to change.

As far as voting being a perk of Life Membership.....that juice doesn't seem worth the squeeze to me. No amount of votes will remove Wayne and his abuse of power. :rolleyes:

As far as voting being a perk of Life Membership.....that juice doesn't seem worth the squeeze to me.
Because Apple would listen to an android user or someone that wasn't buying their product? This thinking seems flawed to me.

Because Apple would listen to an android user or someone that wasn't buying their product? This thinking seems flawed to me.

They know who buys their products. They know who their customers are.

Sigh. I'm done. Do what you guys do. I still pay my dues.

Dude. I never said they don't do anything. What I said was they do some shady sh!t and it needs to be checked.

A Life Membership/more money isn't the answer. If Apple made an iPhone that people REALLY disliked and didn't buy, they wouldn't throw in the towel. They would make ANY changes necessary to keep their customers happy and business going.

The NRA is no different. Keep throwing money at them and they have ZERO motivation to change.

As far as voting being a perk of Life Membership.....that juice doesn't seem worth the squeeze to me. No amount of votes will remove Wayne and his abuse of power. :rolleyes:

That analogy only works when Apple isn't the only company making phones.

Get Wayne out. Have you called there? There must be thousands working there that don't a damned thing. I used to take a bunch of kids each year that I taught to shoot to Cabelas/NRA sign up. One kids didn't go thru so I was 2 hours on the phone talking to 25 people who didn't know a thing & just kept being transferred & never got it resolved. I'd met the local rep & had his card so called him, he didn't get it fixed either. It runs like our government & if it were a business would be broke in a month. GO GOA!

Get Wayne out. Have you called there? There must be thousands working there that don't a damned thing. I used to take a bunch of kids each year that I taught to shoot to Cabelas/NRA sign up. One kids didn't go thru so I was 2 hours on the phone talking to 25 people who didn't know a thing & just kept being transferred & never got it resolved. I'd met the local rep & had his card so called him, he didn't get it fixed either. It runs like our government & if it were a business would be broke in a month. GO GOA!

GOA?

Grouchy Oscar Association?

Grandma's Outdated Amphetamines?

Gary Oldman's Azzhole?

Yeah, the politicians don't know what it means either. That should tell you something.

The big problem as I see it is if we don't fund the NRA, it folds. Who fills the void?
GOA is noisy, but small. I have not seen any legislation that they have stopped or passed on their own. And yes, I am a member.
SAF is great but again small. I am a life member here.
The NRA is the 800 lb gorilla that the antis fear and hate. Maybe the NRA has us over a barrel, but there is nobody able to step up and take their place.

I know one of the NRA board members quite well.

He's a stand up guy.

He's essentially saying wait for the revealing that he can't elaborate on now.

I trust him.

Be patient and try not to sling arrows before the truth is known...

Legal bs takes time.

Patience...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews