JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see this like the Tet Offensive. No one cares the VC that got into the US Embassy at Saigon were quickly killed or that they were decimated to the point of being ineffective for several years. The imagery is what matters.

Win goes to gun grabbers on this one. The range people were so ate up with making money through booking out their venue that they sold their souls.

Soo....based on 5,000,000 members and $35/year for the membership that's $175,000,000 in annual revenue. Now, I didn't throw in any of the "emergency" donations that they call me for almost weekly. So let's say a meager 20% of members donate an additional $25/year in emergency donations. I think that number is REALLY low but let's use it. Makes the math easy.

$200,000,000/year in revenue, with the memberships and my BS low donation figure.

If I'm holding my slide rule correctly, that means the NRA spends a whopping 2.5% of their annual revenue actually lobbying for gun rights.

Where is the other 97.5% WAYNE?? Yeah yeah, I know about legal fees, marketing, employees and everything else. But come the F on here!

Hmmm. Who here wants to keep saying "I'm the NRA!"?

:rolleyes::mad:

Its the same problem that gets anti-gun laws passed. WE ARE TOO LAZY TO GET INVOLVED! The only thing I see anyone good at anymore on gun forums is b!tch!

Its like the effect of no congressional term limits. You give any group of humans, a truly fallible creature, a position of leadership and don't bring in fresh brains and a full purse, and you'll end up with corruption.

The woes of the NRA are the fault of its membership. The leadership were/are just human.

Its the same problem that gets anti-gun laws passed. WE ARE TOO LAZY TO GET INVOLVED! The only thing I see anyone good at anymore on gun forums is b!tch!

Its like the effect of no congressional term limits. You give any group of humans, a truly fallible creature, a position of leadership and don't bring in fresh brains and a full purse, and you'll end up with corruption.

The woes of the NRA are the fault of its membership. The leadership were/are just human.

So what would you propose we do to "make" the NRA do a better job?

And I disagree that the woes of the NRA are the members fault. I guarantee NONE of us pushed Wayne into buying a $4mil mansion. :rolleyes:

So what would you propose we do to "make" the NRA do a better job?

And I disagree that the woes of the NRA are the members fault. I guarantee NONE of us pushed Wayne into buying a $4mil mansion. :rolleyes:

Become involved in events, take leadership roles, keep the board of directors chairs revolving with new people so no one gets too comfortable, don't leave any one person in power for too long?

Name ONE thing that humans pay other humans to do because that they don't want to do it themselves, and they actually get a good deal?

There isn't $500 in materials in a Glock, it should have CERTAINLY not cost $55k for me to sit in a hospital for a week with people telling they didn't know what was wrong with me, and a 5x6 shower using $400 in materials doesn't need to cost $7000.

Its the members fault for not demanding transparency at the cost of jobs, its the members who walk away because not only will they not play the game but take their ball and go home.

Become involved in events, take leadership roles, keep the board of directors chairs revolving with new people so no one gets too comfortable, don't leave any one person in power for too long?

Name ONE thing that humans pay other humans to do because that they don't want to do it themselves, and they actually get a good deal?

There isn't $500 in materials in a Glock, it should have CERTAINLY not cost $55k for me to sit in a hospital for a week with people telling they didn't know what was wrong with me, and a 5x6 shower using $400 in materials doesn't need to cost $7000.

Its the members fault for not demanding transparency at the cost of jobs, its the members who walk away because not only will they not play the game but take their ball and go home.

Sounds good in theory. But that's unrealistic to think we as members can do all those things and make an impact. We can DEMAND all we want, but they have no real reason to change. Shoot, everyone is so quick to blindly support them and they know it.

NR, I'm glad to see I'm not the only 'Grumpy Old Man' here...

I don't think I'm grumpy, I think I come from an opposite direction. I understand humans are stupid, lazy, and greedy. I understand that if I'm not trying to become Wayne LaPierre, but still want the benefits and services of the NRA, I'm going to have live with getting a schitty deal.

Just like how I don't want to lay tile or do roofing, or become a doctor. I need those things, but I'd rather do something else and/or save my knees and back, so I live with getting a schitty deal.

NR,

"I don't think I'm grumpy, I think I come from an opposite direction. I understand humans are stupid, lazy, and greedy.'"

You've proven me right....oh man, I'm howling with laughter.

Thanks, I needed that...!!

I can't imagine what that pack of gun grabbers hoped to accomplish. Probably just looking for headlines. Next they'll start booking parish halls under false pretenses for pro abortion townhalls.

I can't imagine what that pack of gun grabbers hoped to accomplish. Probably just looking for headlines. Next they'll start booking parish halls under false pretenses for pro abortion townhalls.

We are seeing an article from the pro-2A perspective, lets find the ones cheering the accomplishment of duping a bunch of Bible-thumping, gun clutching, deplorables.

Become a lifetime member to vote.

Attend local NRA events and get your name and face out there.

The board flips 25 seats per year out of the 76 seats. If someone's seat is up and they are unsatisfactory, vote them out (fire them).

Again, sounds good in theory.

Sooo...I need to write them a FAT check to vote. Got it.
Attend local NRA events. Haven't seen ANY of those in quite a while. According to the calendar, there are 5 events scheduled in 2020. Yes, FIVE. And they are all a freaking long arse distance from me.
Vote them out eh? Wayne has managed to hold his position while removing people of power he doesn't like. Anyone remember Ollie North? :rolleyes:

I don't think it's as easy as you're painting it to be. And I don't think the only thing members of gun forums are good for is b!tching either.

Again, sounds good in theory.

Sooo...I need to write them a FAT check to vote. Got it.
Attend local NRA events. Haven't seen ANY of those in quite a while. According to the calendar, there are 5 events scheduled in 2020. Yes, FIVE. And they are all a freaking long arse distance from me.
Vote them out eh? Wayne has managed to hold his position while removing people of power he doesn't like. Anyone remember Ollie North? :rolleyes:

I don't think it's as easy as you're painting it to be. And I don't think the only thing members of gun forums are good for is b!tching either.

It may not be easy, but we can't b!tch if we arent willing to do it. Otherwise, we can't complain about the cost of a service we need. Given the figures you provided earlier, we aren't getting too bad of a deal considering the last election cycle resulted in the election of five out six pro-2A candidates supported by the NRA, including the POTUS. That was 80 million in campaign donations.

Absolutely correct. And gun owners are our own worst enemies in this war. Lots of gun owners are just as closed minded as they claim the opposition to be. So those who could potentially become allies are pushed away because of the anger and vitriol that is spewed from our side.
Along with the name calling and autocratic/dogmatic positioning as well. We get it from the left/antis as well but that does not make it right.

The bottom line is as long as 'we' continue a 'no compromise' stance we will always be challenged by the left/antis. They are our 'Isis'. They will never stop and will always have new members joining their fight.

OP suggested:
Take them shooting, show them a good time, and slowly start chipping away at the stereotype that we have created for ourselves.
And this is a good idea and might work in a few cases but one would have to know some libs and antis he or she were good enough friends with to make this work.
I suspect most of us do not (I don't) so it is not an option

Until we can find a way to reliably counteract the antis push, something to challenge them with, or to take away from them they are not going to stop.

Like I have said before gun control is purely conceptual for them - they have noting to loose from anything they do or accomplish.

It may not be easy, but we can't b!tch if we arent willing to do it. Otherwise, we can't complain about the cost of a service we need. Given the figures you provided earlier, we aren't getting too bad of a deal considering the last election cycle resulted in the election of five out six pro-2A candidates supported by the NRA, including the POTUS.

I'm not saying the NRA is all bad. I'm a member and I regularly donate. What I'm saying is we cannot just follow them around like sheep trusting that they have our best interests at heart. And as far as it being "not easy"? It's next to impossible to do what you propose, and I'm not going to quit my job and write them checks just so I can attend the few events they have planned in my state or vote for/against the people that run it.

I'm not saying the NRA is all bad. I'm a member and I regularly donate. What I'm saying is we cannot just follow them around like sheep trusting that they have our best interests at heart. And as far as it being "not easy"? It's next to impossible to do what you propose, and I'm not going to quit my job and write them checks just so I can attend the few events they have planned in my state or vote for/against the people that run it.

If you're not going to follow, and not going to lead....then what?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top