JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel the news played it to be very bad. But they always do and probably will continue to do so.

I think the officer did the right thing and should not get in trouble for doing his job!

At first I want to say that sometimes it is better to use alternative take-down methods rather than to cause unnecessary harm in physically manhandling a person; however, after watching the video, there was a lot of manhandling anyway.

I don't think anyone can point a finger unless they have been in that situation, I'm talking "that situation" for every situation provides a different set of issues to deal with. Let's just be thankful that no one was killed this time.

5'7" 150lbs female not compling with orders to leave max, assaults an officer, and resists arrest. What is the officer supposed to do? IF he tasered her he would get the same cr@p. Kids today just don't understand their actions. Cr@p I sound like an old man.

This was no "sweet little girl" at the time of the incident. She was given lawful instructions, she was given a warning and she decided to fight it out. She lost.:) Given the circumstances (known gang members in area, possible gun near by, mob of unruly teens) the bean bag was a good way to take control of the situation.

My hats off to the officers for ending the incident as quickly as possible and I hope they fight back with the city.

Quote from Fox 12:
On Saturday at about 10:47 p.m., police said Officer Aaron Dauchy and Humphreys responded to a large party involving known gang members.The officers were told a gun had been found in bushes near the party, police said, and that 75 to 100 teenagers were walking in the area of 162nd Avenue and Northeast Halsey Street.Portland and Gresham police officers followed the teens, some of whom were shouting about wanting to fight, to the MAX platform at 162nd Avenue. They followed the train to 148th Avenue and went on to the MAX platform.

As Dauchy began to take her into custody, police said she swung at him and struck his face.The officer told the girl to stop resisting arrest and continued to struggle with her, according to the Portland Police Bureau. Dauchy gave repeated warnings to stop resisting or he would shoot a beanbag gun.Humphreys then shot the beanbag gun at the girl's thigh at close range, police said.She began to comply and officers began to take her into custody when she began to resist again.Another officer arrived and the girl was handcuffed.

If this 12 year old girl can take on three cops .............hmm maybe they should hire her.
when I 1st seen this video I was waiting for them to start kicking her when she was down.
kent state anyone.
We need bigger and bader cops to keep us in line :)

A lot has been referenced about her being 5'7" and 150 lbs. I can tell you from watching my son grow up in the Dojo taking Karate classes that a 12 year old kid that momentarily looses control and fails to land a punch just short, but rather lands a full flow can bring a 6' 190 lb. man to his knees.

I think the Portland Police Department is actually very professional, I have never had any problems with them. I will say i think that surrounding suburban police departments are not so much the case.

Ok... I somewhat agree things could have been different? Maybe! I was not there, I was not confronting her, I was not being resisted by her...

What I know is a 95 pound lady can kick 4 marines butts if the time is right!

What i saw was when she felt the ouch on her leg she quit fighting... To close of quarters to use mace, and not a clear line for the taser... All things to consider!

It's easy to judge until your the one trying to restrain an out of control person.

:s0131:

The quality of the video is so bad I can't tell anything, that girl was quite the fighter though, I think she may be cage match material!

They call it less lethal ammo for a reason. The tasings and bean bagging as a form of punishment and not for self defense has got to stop. Someone should wait for that cop and hit him with a beanbag a few times at close range. I like the guy up here they tased and shot him 7 times in the back for "trying to speed away and attack officers" while he was convulsing. There's a lot of "Bobby Brady hall monitor types" out there looking to try out their stuff.

Maybe they could have just double tapped her with a .40 S&W and put her out of her misery. :)

I think you mean OUR misery! Im in the EMS field and can tell you a 12 year old girl on meth can be a handfull! Im 6'2 240lbs and hate to tell you but I had a 13 year old all but whoop my butt! On meth they have what seems like super human strength, not to mention biting, scratching, spitting etc. You people that think a 12 year old whos unarmed should be easy to handle have absolutely no idea what your talking about. If they are doscile, I might agree, but otherwise all bets are off. LEO are not supposed to wrestle suspects down, you dont want them that close to you. whats better, a less than lethal weapon to take her down or risk being stuck by the HIV infected syringe in her pocket or being scratched and getting staph infection, getting bit and losing a finger?? think before you speak all you macho, bad ***, tough guys![/QUOTE]

There is a context to this incident. The girl had just left a big party that included gang members and weapons, and she was still with part of that group. The officers needed to take solid control of the situation and pacify it. She was a BIG girl and out of control and fully capable of harming any officer who had to grapple with her. The officer who fired the beanbag controled her and ended the incident, all according to his training and experience. She got a startling feeling of pain which got her attention, and ended up with only a bruise. All of her bystanding associates kept their distance, and no riot ensued. I'd say that the police did a great job and deserve thanks for it! The Chief and the Commissioner are just trying to make politically correct profit off of this episode. How anyone that has seen that tape can conclude otherwise baffles me.......................elsullo :huh:

Guess this jerk of a cop is the same guy who kicked in the ribs of that James chasse, guy needs to get fired, obviously he has control issues and at the least needs to go to a refresher course on human relations . And shooting a bean bag round point blank is just wrong.

According to the KGW live report that night, the girl was 5'7" tall and weighed "over 150lbs". That's pretty big. I was 12yrs old and weighed 68lbs back in the day. Granted I was underweight for my age, she was still way more than capable of harming the officers. I do wonder why the taser wasn't an option but I support the PPD in this instance in their right to protect themselves. With an overly litigious society coupled with an over liberal Portland bureaucracy, those officers have an job that's probably twice as hard as it needs to be.

I wonder, in this instance, who raised this "child" and maybe the parents should be forced to take more responsibility for the actions of their children. Just imagine what she'll be when she "grows up".

Police responded to a call, warned there may be a gun involved.

What would everyone be saying if the story read, " 12 year old resists arrest, fights off officers, able to draw her weapon, kills cop, cop kills her."

to bad they only bruised her leg and ego...

You know the funny thing is I have never once been tazed, bean bagged, cap stunned or anything by the police. I tend to drive fast so I have had a lot of interactions with police and they have always been professional, but maybe that is cause I have always done what they asked me to do. I don't fight or argue with them. She must have done something that caused them to move up the force tier, I'll bet a lot of money, had she listened to them this would never had happened. Hopefully she learned a lesson.

I don't blame the police one bit for wanting to use a means of force that doesn't involve getting bit or scratched, and why does it matter how old she is? Look at what happened to Damon Coates, that kid was only 16.

A lot of you armchair quarterback from the protection and security of your own home, try facing these people on the street, I think you would gain a whole new perspective. But once again "Freedom has a certain flavor that the protected will never know".

That's the guy that needed the bean bag!

God give it to that cop. Where the heck is his back up? And look at all the people walking by just looking. I would at least go hold his feet.

Eliot Weisel said the greatest tragedy in life is indifference.

It's not them in danger so they don't care.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top