JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So a couple days ago a PPD Officer shot a violent 12 year old girl with a bean bag gun in the leg then they wrestled her to the ground, after she punched one of the Officers.

Here's the story:
<broken link removed>

I watched this on the news and it disgusted me to no end, not because the girl was shot with a bean bag gun, but because the Officer was suspended for his actions.

I can't believe the city is so backwards that every time someone cries about police brutality there's a Officer fired or suspended, an internal investigation, so on.
In my opinion if you don't want to get ruffed up....Don't fight the cops??
I'm not saying the cops should have free reign, but they should be able to protect themselves and not have to worry about the chief turning her back on them. I know what some of you will say...But she's a 12 year old girl.
Bull crap. I gaurentee that 12yr old can do a heck of a lot of damage. And even two male officers would have a hard time controlling her.
I'm so sick of this city and the crazy thinking that the public should dictate how the Officers should treat them. At this rate the cops are going to have to wait until they get shot to even look at the public.

This is why I moved to Vancouver, and why I'm planning on moving to the midwest this summer.
And any of you that think that girl would be easy to take down, you have no clue how violent and powerful even the smallest person can be.

Some of you will disagree and that's ok, I expect it. I just can't believe what our society is coming to.

So not only do we get our gun rights taken away so we can't protect ourselves, but now we can't depend on the police either, because they are too worried they will get fired or worse thrown in jail.

My only problem, is that if someone were to punch me, and I shot them with a bean bag round, I'd probably go to jail for something.

Cops should be held to the same crap.

Sorry to tell you that cops are trained for their jobs, we want good cops not billy bob. They are well trained and they should know the best method to control other people without weapon, as long as there are no threat to their or other people life. Cops that used weapon to control other are coward like all the thugs and mobs out there. If the cop can't handle an unarm person then that cop need to quit his/her job and get a office job....

While I believe that lethal force is justified if a subject of any age has a weapon, i.e. knife or firearm, if an officer needs to use a less-lethal weapon on a 12year old, who is unarmed, then he/she is a pantywaist and needs to get a rent-a-cop job instead.

BTW, it's PPB, not PPD. Portland Police Bureau...not Department.

I think they should have tazed her! She would have stopped fighting then!

No sympathy for her from me at all.

I can't understand how three LEO's could need any weapon against an unarmed 12 year old girl. A taser? I'm not saying you're wrong; it just doesn't work for me.

$.02

So if your a single parent and your kid gets out of line you can't spank them in public for fear of child abuse charges..
But if your a police officer you bust out a shotty and pop em with a bean bag..

You already have what appears to be a VERY disturbed child. Maybe she has horrible parenting or worse. We don't know. We don't know how men have treated her.

What I do believe is that her encounter with those men - those officers - could have been a positive example for her about men in general and police in particular. Even if they had to use reasonable physical force to cuff her and control the situation, I still don't see the need for the force they used.

Maybe they could have just double tapped her with a .40 S&W and put her out of her misery. :)

Maybe they could have just double tapped her with a .40 S&W and put her out of her misery. :)[/QUOTE]

I think you mean OUR misery! Im in the EMS field and can tell you a 12 year old girl on meth can be a handfull! Im 6'2 240lbs and hate to tell you but I had a 13 year old all but whoop my butt! On meth they have what seems like super human strength, not to mention biting, scratching, spitting etc. You people that think a 12 year old whos unarmed should be easy to handle have absolutely no idea what your talking about. If they are doscile, I might agree, but otherwise all bets are off. LEO are not supposed to wrestle suspects down, you dont want them that close to you. whats better, a less than lethal weapon to take her down or risk being stuck by the HIV infected syringe in her pocket or being scratched and getting staph infection, getting bit and losing a finger?? think before you speak all you macho, bad ***, tough guys!

I think you mean OUR misery! Im in the EMS field and can tell you a 12 year old girl on meth can be a handfull! Im 6'2 240lbs and hate to tell you but I had a 13 year old all but whoop my butt! On meth they have what seems like super human strength, not to mention biting, scratching, spitting etc. You people that think a 12 year old whos unarmed should be easy to handle have absolutely no idea what your talking about. If they are doscile, I might agree, but otherwise all bets are off. LEO are not supposed to wrestle suspects down, you dont want them that close to you. whats better, a less than lethal weapon to take her down or risk being stuck by the HIV infected syringe in her pocket or being scratched and getting staph infection, getting bit and losing a finger?? think before you speak all you macho, bad ***, tough guys!

See? I was right. They should have just shot her. :D After what you said, I've changed my mind and it should have been a double tap from a 3" 00 buck 12 ga magnum shotgun. :) A fully auto AR-10 would have worked, but they probably didn't have one handy. :)

Why should a cop have to put themself in harms way by physically fighting with somebody? If this person had done what they said and quit resisting there would be nothing to talk about. I'm all for shooting or tazing somebody that will not cooperate.

I agree with the LEO for beaning her. It's much better than punching her in the face, but I think pepper spray should have been used first before the bean.

A lot of people don't like to use pepper because it creates a cloud and they can get it too.

They should have just shot or hanged her, the rotten little brat. She was beating the **** out of three grown officers, after all. :D

I like what someone else said. If a parent swats an unruly child in public, he can go to jail and get a record for child abuse. But if you're the police, just haul off and shoot them with a bean bag.

Makes sense to me. :confused:

I like how the news played it up as if she were a very small child. She is 5'7" and as you saw she threw a mean punch at the officer.

I don't think it was excessive use of force. Do I think it could have been handled better? Probably. How do we know she wasn't on some sort of amphetamine? It also said there were a large group of teens with her, the cop might have been trying to send a message...you mess with a bull you get the horns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top