JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All this is doing is giving the ignorant people the right and caue to fight the police and they know even if they get arrested the ignorant public will force the city to withdraw. Especially on an election year.
There was no other way to subdue her, they could have used mace? Tazer? I would rather be hit with a bean bag in the thigh. It's not like they shot her in the torso, they picked the safest place.
And the cop humphreys who shot her, was the guy who was involved in the death of a guy he and another were wrestling to the ground. The guy had a health condition and died. You think that had something to do with him not wanting to jump on her back??? He used a non-lethal weapon in the safest way possible to get this out of control person under control.

I was furious all day over this. I can't belive this city.

But she was only a kid!!!!!.......Yeah a biiiiiigggg kid that started the fight with the cops, who was out where police were called about a gun and gang activity., after 11pm on a school night.

LEAVE THE COPS ALONE, I think they need to find the parents and hit them with bean bags in pioneer square. Why is this city so backwards and afriad of what a small part of their city thinks. THose are the people who don't care about the city, their laws, or the people that have sworn to risk their lives to protect even the trash like this.

One thing is clear. If you agree with the way it was handled or not, the city is going to be sued and are going to settle out of court like always. Actions like these by these police officers cost us all.

This cop is a punk. Period.

Add this incident to his previous record of stomping a homeless guy to death... he is a liability to the city, and to the department. How many tax dollars have been wasted because of him. He needs to be off the streets, behind a desk. Better yet, UNEMPLOYED.

You can clearly see that the girl was subdued by the time she was shot. You can see the other officers walking away from her. If she is so tough that all 4 of the officers had to take her down, why did they leave her behind with only one officer to keep an eye on her?

Also, its not that common for an officer to be carrying that type of weapon, it certainly doesnt match up with the story about suspected firearms being present. If you were responding to a call where there were supposedly armed suspects, would you leave your car with a beanbag shotgun?

It just seems that the suspect was under control at the time of the shooting. Combined with his history of excessive force, this guy has some issues and needs to be off the streets. Period. Hes a coward.

We are in enough of a police state as it is, especially on TriMet.

Guess this jerk of a cop is the same guy who kicked in the ribs of that James chasse, guy needs to get fired, obviously he has control issues and at the least needs to go to a refresher course on human relations . And shooting a bean bag round point blank is just wrong.

GRRRRRRR. I am p***ed here. I just found this thread, should have figured it would be on here.

Spider- are you law enforcement? Ever been? Do you have any idea about the specific details of the incident with Jesse Chasse? I am highly curious for the answers to these questions.

I can't believe the level of limp wristed whining I hear from some folks about law enforcement. It aggravates me to no end. People have no idea what it takes to keep their streets as orderly as they are. How do you think Police should subdue a subject who violently resists? Drop peppermint snowflakes on their head and ask them nicely????? Go try that sometime, and see how it works out for ya. People want the cops to protect them from assaults, but criticize them for using their trained judgement on obviously dangerous subjects when it's on the news and has nothing to do with them. I know that all police are not perfect or even law abiding, but the vast majority of them are!

I happen to know Chris and Aaron, and they are two of the most stand up guys you could ever meet. Two ten year + Portland PD veterans that you DEFINITELY could trust the life of your family and children's protection with. One of the only people I could ever call a best friend in my life, happens to be Chris's younger brother, a Deputy Sheriff, who is no longer with us god rest his soul. They're family is my family.

To those of you who've posted derogatory comments about the officers involved in this incident, I suggest that you try using a little respect for the guys and gals that risk their life everyday to keep others, and you, safe.

As far as this girl is concerned, Chris and Aaron had every right IMO to do what they did, and I promise you they will be found in the right at the end of the investigation.

Add this incident to his previous record of stomping a homeless guy to death... he is a liability to the city, and to the department. How many tax dollars have been wasted because of him. He needs to be off the streets, behind a desk. Better yet, UNEMPLOYED.

You can clearly see that the girl was subdued by the time she was shot. You can see the other officers walking away from her. If she is so tough that all 4 of the officers had to take her down, why did they leave her behind with only one officer to keep an eye on her?

Also, its not that common for an officer to be carrying that type of weapon, it certainly doesnt match up with the story about suspected firearms being present. If you were responding to a call where there were supposedly armed suspects, would you leave your car with a beanbag shotgun?

It just seems that the suspect was under control at the time of the shooting. Combined with his history of excessive force, this guy has some issues and needs to be off the streets. Period. Hes a coward.

This guy doesn't have a history of excessive force, his other incident was mostly due to the guys medical condition. They wrestled him to the ground and the guy died, the Officers didn't cuff him and stomp him to death.
And the Officer was carry a gun like that becasue the call for a large mass of people gathering and suspected gang ties with a weapon possibly involved. That gun is exactly what you would carry to interupt a large crowd. The girl may have been on the ground but not subdued and not cuffed, she was still fighting.
And we, especially this city are far from a "police state" and trimet needs to have as many cops/security that they can fit on there.
Have you been on the max at night???
I used to ride that train at night coming home from work and had to sit next to homeless people talking about the guy they stabbed becasue he tried to steal his .35 cents. I watched a guy sitting 5 feet away from me light his shoe on fire. With all the attacks, gangs, and drugs on trimet they need to have a 'police state" at least on there.

Go take a ride on there at night see if you want a cop on there with you!
And you can't carry a gun. The problem I see is not being able to freely carry a firearm as you would need in those areas.
The other suit against the city from his incident is still on-going.

I'm sorry you hate the police for whatever reason, but I know a lot of PPD Officers and they are good people that would never purposely hurt anyone unless it's in action to serve the people and protect themselves or citizens.

I would love to hear your back ground I'm sure you have had some run ins with the law or have a problem with laws and politicians and you should direct youangwr towards them and not the people that try to protect you, even though to hate them.
Any of those people that are against LEOs I seriously doubt could handle a day in their shoes.

I am about to frigging blow up here. I hope to goodness that if Chris ever drives by you getting robbed, that he just keeps on driving. But you know what, he WOULDNT! Even if he knew the crap your talking about him! Thats what really pisses me off. YOU are the frigging coward.

I am about to frigging blow up here. I hope to goodness that if Chris ever drives by you getting robbed, that he just keeps on driving. But you know what, he WONT. Thats what really pisses me off. YOU are the frigging coward.

+1

And Chasse was tackled by 3 Officers and that resulted in broken ribs one that punctured his lung. Excessive??
I don't think so, they tried to subdue him and used what means they had to ensure he didn't hurt them or run into traffic. I'm sure compressing him to death wasn't their sinister act, However, a tazer would have dropped him and no broken ribs. ut I'm sure that would have been excessive too.

I was involved in an incident in down town when I went our to a bar, a young couple was drunk and hit our car trying to leave a parking spot, the guy freaked out when they arrested him lady and tried to fight us, the cops professionaly asked him to leave at least 6 times and threatening to arrest him, while he was yelling and threatening us in their faces. Finally the LEO said to the guy either leave or go to jail. The guy said take me to jail and when the LEO went to cuff him he freaked out and it took two Officers about 5 mins to cuff him, in the mean time the cops were kneeing him in the side to try and get his hands from underneath him, so he started kicking the cops, I jumped in and grabbed his legs for a min until the LEOs told me to back off (my mistake I was a little drunk) and they mased him, he gave up and they cuffed him.
The two Officers showed a lot of restraint in the beginning and did when the guy freaked they stayed calm and used all resources to cuff him before escalating each time.
I've never been harassed by any Police Officers, but maybe i'm special cause I actually treat them with respect and they show me that same. Weird!

But I bet if I swung on them I would get smashed. Only I wouldn't scream out abuse. I would take responsibility for my actions, OH there's a crazy statement.

Didnt catch that edit before it got quoted, sorry Trslmn.

+1 clearconscience. I think I need to wait and cool off before I comment more on this topic.

Cool off?
This will open a can of worms, but I still heated about the kendra james and james perez shootings.

These people are trash of society and it was sad that they had to die, but was it really the cops fault?
Truth is Perez was a drug dealer swallowing his dope when the cops pulled him over, and they were yelling at him to show his hands when he reached into his pockets or beside his seat, as far as they know he's got a gun.

And what would have happened him kendra james did drive away and hit and killed someone? Then the public would be mad the cops didn't stop her.
And why is such a "good person changing her life" out in the middle of the night with her kid at home doing drugs, and hanging out with criminals???

Who's are the bad guy here? The cops according to the public and the dreadful news!
Come on! You can't tell me our city is better without them.

Why do we criminalize police for keeping us safe, that's the real crime here.
How about we say think you for keeping our kids and family safer.......

What's wrong with this country???? Oh but it wasn't their fault, right?

The latest victim of a police shooting is a man with an impressive record of felony convictions and drug use. James Jahar Perez, 28, had nearly toxic levels of cocaine in his system and baggies of the substance stuffed in his mouth and pockets when shot by the police — 24 seconds after he was told to get out of his car. Since the shooting occurred eight days ago, the city's minority citizens have expressed both outrage and fear.

Just found this, the last line. The city's minority citizens have expressed outrage and fear.......Stab at a bad joke,

Because he wasted all that precious cocaine? Where will we get it from now!!!!

News showed tonight that 58% of people polled think the bean bagging of this little brat was justified. Me too! The cops did what they were trained to do and I commend them for this. They come upon way more situations that are stranger and more bizzare than you'll ever know and they handle each one the same way, with confidence, tactics, and training. Do they have 10 minutes to sit and figure out if this is a 12 year old girl? Do they have 10 minutes to test for drugs? Do they have 10 minutes to see if the suspect will pull a weapon? No. Handle it fast, take the suspect down, and end the situation. If you hate that this happened, hate the brats parents! Where were they? Do you know where your 12 year old daughter is at 11:00 PM on a school night? I do....

Cops catch **** whenever the perp gets hurt. It doesn't matter how or why, or who could have done their job better. Did the perp get hurt? Well then those are "bad" cops.

This is like my wife expecting me to provide protection as the "man of the house" and then freaking out because I carry a gun. You want safe streets? You want criminals and belligerents to be handled? Then don't be surprised if somebody gets hit with a beanbag once in a while.

A beanbag? Criminy, people. In three months she won't even remember it.

I'm a youth pastor and I have been for almost 10 years. I have never come across a 12y.o. girl I'd need to use any sort of weapon on. I'm 6'1" and 290lbs and proficient at Brazilian Jiu Jitsu so that may have something to do with it, but I can imagine there are some out there, somewhere who could put up a bit of a fight(unless they have a gun... then I become the 12y.o. girl:D). Still it seems like it may have been a little extreme to blast her with a Bean Bag round. I wasn't there though and don't know the circumstances surrounding this event. I hope these guys are cleared. Is there a link to the video or the arrest report?

The latest victim of a police shooting is a man with an impressive record of felony convictions and drug use. James Jahar Perez, 28, had nearly toxic levels of cocaine in his system and baggies of the substance stuffed in his mouth and pockets when shot by the police — 24 seconds after he was told to get out of his car. Since the shooting occurred eight days ago, the city's minority citizens have expressed both outrage and fear.

Just found this, the last line. The city's minority citizens have expressed outrage and fear.......Stab at a bad joke,

Because he wasted all that precious cocaine? Where will we get it from now!!!!

:)The joke's a little distasteful but funny nonetheless.

I think parent's need to start being held responsible for letting their "she's just a girl" out on the street's at the wee hours of the night. When I was 12 it was, 'in bed with lights out by 8pm'.

I can tell you what. I would have been scared spitless if I was in that situation. 3-4 cops and a group of teens? How big of a group? The odds are not good for those cops at all. Especially since they know they can't sneeze without getting in trouble.

Last point, since when should the cops know that she was 'only' a 12 year old? Have you seen kids these days? Even little ten year olds are trying to look like supermodels. Not to mention it's dark.

"Pardon me ma'am. I know you're a little upset right now but before my partner and I can proceed I need to ask you your age. I know it seems silly but your age now determines what level of force we can use to detain a person.
-If you're 0-10 we can only ask nicely and encourage you by building up your fragile self-esteem.
-If you're 10-12 please refer to the 0-10 category and don't forget your ritalin.
-If you're 13-17 we'll ask only a little more forcefully (still don't want to damage your self-image).
-However, if you're 18 you're now an 'adult' and we can expect you to behave in a way which you were never expected to as a child."
When did cops become social workers?

News showed tonight that 58% of people polled think the bean bagging of this little brat was justified. Me too! The cops did what they were trained to do and I commend them for this. They come upon way more situations that are stranger and more bizzare than you'll ever know and they handle each one the same way, with confidence, tactics, and training. Do they have 10 minutes to sit and figure out if this is a 12 year old girl? Do they have 10 minutes to test for drugs? Do they have 10 minutes to see if the suspect will pull a weapon? No. Handle it fast, take the suspect down, and end the situation. If you hate that this happened, hate the brats parents! Where were they? Do you know where your 12 year old daughter is at 11:00 PM on a school night? I do....

Hi rctimmy. Way to jump in on your 1st post:s0155:

I'm a youth pastor and I have been for almost 10 years. I have never come across a 12y.o. girl I'd need to use any sort of weapon on. I'm 6'1" and 290lbs and proficient at Brazilian Jiu Jitsu so that may have something to do with it, but I can imagine there are some out there, somewhere who could put up a bit of a fight. Still it seems like it may have been a little extreme to blast her with a Bean Bag round. I wasn't there though and don't know the circumstances surrounding this event. I hope these guys are cleared. Is there a link to the video or the arrest report?

Forget about the fight she could put up. What about all the diseases the cops could get if a little street urchin like this spit on them, scratched them or stuck them with a needle etc. Cops risk enough as it is.

there's an old cops episode where PPD search a homeless guy and they ask if he has any needles....Of course he says no, the cops searches him gets stabbed by a crack needle and the homeless guy just happens to have HIV.

Now that cops has to get tested every year, worry about his family getting HIV and giving it to his wife.

And for the youth pastor, your a big guy and know martial arts you shouldn't be afraid of a 12 year old girl.....Or masked guy in a dark alley.
Me on the other hand, I worry about everyone that's not in a stroller.
Kids are crazy these days, ten and twelve year olds carrying guns, shooting up schools.
If a group of kids walk by me I'm holding my knife and ready throat chop someone, batman lunch pale or not. :s0131:

Either way the govt here constantly limits our ability to protect ourselves and is working on the same thing with the LEOs.

In a few more years the anarchy will ensure. Welcome to the thunderdome!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top