JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you keep track of all the money you spend on firearms and ammunition?

• Absolutely, I keep every receipt.

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • I keep most of my receipts and have a general idea, but don't add them up.

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • Yeah, I keep track but don't want my wife/partner to know.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I don't want to know. It'll take the fun out of it.

Votes: 37 27.6%
  • I don't keep track or care.

Votes: 41 30.6%

• Total voters
I have a spreadsheet of all the ammo I have, catagorized by caliber, # of boxes and # of rounds per box, casing and bullet type, price, date and where I bought it. Helps when comparing prices online or in the store.

I don't keep track, but if I had to, I could come up with a pretty good estimate. Counting all firearms and ammo I'm closing in on $20k this year. NFA toys aren't cheap, but they do appreciate in value.

I have a rather extensive and well written algorithm that I can punch in ANY gun and it will give me a fair buy price and a fair sell price.

If the guns buy is lower than the sell.. buy it.

In this database is every gun I have owned, bought and sold.

I told my wife, guns don't depreciate...so we can buy gold or guns. Ever try playing with a bar of gold? I mean someones gonna get hurt with that thing.

I keep complete track of everything gun-related I've bought in the last 6 years or so. I don't keep receipts (except for firearm purchases), but I keep notes. I have all of my ammo listed, the guns I own, and an accounting of the money I've spent. My wife doesn't really care or pay attention to my gun spending, but if she knew how much I spend I think she would be shocked. I'm guessing she doesn't want to know.

I'm kinda anal about tracking things. I track all gun and gun related purchases for insurance purposes. And then I track the cost of ammo at time of purchase simply so I can compare things down the road. It's been interesting to watch the price changes through the whole 2 year ammo shortage we had. I don't really track how much I spend on ammo but I can get to the info if I need it/want it as I generally track all my spending through Quicken.

As a side note, this thread is a good reminder that you should be aware of gun expenditures and make sure that you have adequate insurance coverage. Most home owners policies usually only cover a couple thousand dollars in firearms protection...and purchases really add up. Particularly the cost of all the various accessories (mags, holsters, optics, etc.).

Thing is if your keeping track of what you spend on any hobby or fun thing that you do in your life YOUR NOT HAVING FUN WORRYING ABOUT THE COST OF ANY HOBBY.

Your all so mean, why do you have to ask questions like this that I then have to think about. I just want a little peace in my life, I don't need this kind of pressure. Sure maybe I buy on impulse, so what, why do you care if I buy something that I don't need. Do I really need that 22 when I already have a few, do I really need more boolits if I have a few. A few to you may not be the same as a few to me, my few may be more than your few. Do I succumb to pier pressure when I read that someone got a new gun that I don't have or need, sure I do, but so what, just because I have no food or clothes or a place to live, (in library as we speak) so what, and then you go and ask a question like do I keep track of how much I spend. Your all so mean, I'm now going to my safe space with my crayons and playdoh and try to calm down, or maybe I could go to the pawn shop.

Your all so mean, why do you have to ask questions like this that I then have to think about. I just want a little peace in my life, I don't need this kind of pressure. Sure maybe I buy on impulse, so what, why do you care if I buy something that I don't need. Do I really need that 22 when I already have a few, do I really need more boolits if I have a few. A few to you may not be the same as a few to me, my few may be more than your few. Do I succumb to pier pressure when I read that someone got a new gun that I don't have or need, sure I do, but so what, just because I have no food or clothes or a place to live, (in library as we speak) so what, and then you go and ask a question like do I keep track of how much I spend. Your all so mean, I'm now going to my safe space with my crayons and playdoh and try to calm down, or maybe I could go to the pawn shop.
Pier pressure, LOL.
6eb331d6f9d0cd92b16c97d232202e10a558612a7c73382d025a538efc98e2a8_1.jpg

I do keep almost all my receipts, including the ones spent on tooling, etc. However, I don't add it up.

I don't keep anything when I've bought or will start buying again. I have a good understanding of what I have and about what I paid for it but I'm good with numbers.

Mostly I just buy cheap and sell high if needed. I'm a bargain hunter at heart so I buy things well under market value and that's how I end up with what I have owned. Only 2 rifles I've really wanted and sought out but have had to sell both over the last year.

Will be buying again in the near future hopefully and I have a huge list of needs, aka wants:p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top