JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
A persons life in trade for a dogs, do you people truly believe this is right? Yes I've already read all the posts and it is truly amazing to read how some of you feel.
I completely understand just how close someone can get to a dog, BUT FOR CHRISTS SAKE FOLKS, ITS A DOG!
I care not whether this was handled correctly by the dead officer or his chief, and I don't give a rip about how you feel that the shooter was wronged. If you have issues with LEO'S, perhaps you may want to address that, but to equate the life of a dog to a human??? This is insane.

I'm sorry that you qualify someone who views all life as equal as insane. I'm going to stay away from the shock and awe and name calling. Your opinions are pretty clear to me, I don't know why you are confused about mine. It's typed out pretty clearly.

I have some serious problems with what you've said earlier in this thread, but I respect your right to live your life the way you see it, please respect mine.

Hope the dog owner gets the chair or life. BTW K9 officers have shot their own dogs (which are also their family pet) when they wouldn't release from a perp and were causing excessive harm/damage to the individual.

I'm done with this thread.

I wish that all the Citizens of the United States would wake up and remember why this country was founded and who for. This Great Country should do as we want...We the people.

Hope the dog owner gets the chair or life. BTW K9 officers have shot their own dogs (which are also their family pet) when they wouldn't release from a perp and were causing excessive harm/damage to the individual.

No different than a homeowner that shoots a cop that doesn't release their pup.. or in that case no different than a pup that doesn't release the officer... & again no different than a officer that shoots the perp that doesn't release their pup................

Really? So I'm looking for a suspect that may be hiding in your yard, or covering a K9 officer and we end up in your yard looking for someone...and you're coming out with your gun or other implement and going to yell at us? Believe it or not, going to your front door to see if you're home is not reasonable if we're in the middle of a track.

Your in my yard and im awake hearing comotion bigger than a possum... & i feel like meeting you with = (equal) force... your done or i am... don't matter after that for who finishes that race less than first.

Let me get this straight. There are multiple members posting in this thread that they agree with the homeowner's action -- killing a law enforcement officer who was in the performance of his duty, legally on the homeowner's property, because the cop pointed a non-lethal weapon at the homeowner's dogs?

Further, the thread then devolves into numerous people decrying the state of law enforcement in the country today, and somehow attempting to rationalize the homicide because of their perceptions that those who work in law enforcement are misguided puppets of a corrupt government?

Some of you guys make me truly sick.

Many comments in this thread are clearly illustrative of why lawful gun ownership in this country is possibly doomed -- because there are so many gun-owning lunatics spouting so much anti-law-enforcement vitriol that all that is right about the gun rights movement is lost in hateful, inane hyperbole ...

Let me get this straight. There are multiple members posting in this thread that they agree with the homeowner's action -- killing a law enforcement officer who was in the performance of his duty, legally on the homeowner's property, because the cop pointed a non-lethal weapon at the homeowner's dogs?

Further, the thread then devolves into numerous people decrying the state of law enforcement in the country today, and somehow attempting to rationalize the homicide because of their perceptions that those who work in law enforcement are misguided puppets of a corrupt government?

Many comments in this thread are clearly illustrative of why lawful gun ownership in this country is possibly doomed -- because there are so many gun-owning lunatics spouting so much anti-law-enforcement vitriol that all that is right about the gun rights movement is lost in hateful, inane hyperbole ...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't agree with the guy killing the cop. I think he should have restrained his dog, and went inside the house himself.
However your assertion that the cop was there legally is absurd. No warrant, no probable cause = trespass (which is illegal).

The fact that the guy's neighbor got into an argument with him and this guy left the argument and went home does not equate probable cause.
If you think it does, then point out to me where in the 4th Amendment do you see that right given to the government.
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Personally I hold the supervisor liable. He is the one responsible for the situation getting out of hand. He is responsible for his oficer and his conduct.

If any reason does exist for that officer to remain on the property then yes he is doing things legally and has a right to be there. If he dosent,,,,,, well lets just say he is no better than a criminal. If the supervisor knew that the officer was our of line and then continued this subordinates actions?....

The supervisor is ultimately responsible for all of this.

Yes the home owner will face his day in court to tell his side. I am very interested in finding out what happened. I am also open to hearing the LEO side. Hoping there isnt any fallout there on the true public servants helping our country.

But honestly many police officers have no rights or mentality to do their job. Have proven abusive of the powers that was intrusted to them by the community. They are bad apples but hey thats life.

To always support a fallen officer?... Even when there isnt a lot known about this?....

Cops are public servants. They can do criminal acts. They are only human like the property owner.

Still dont change the fact the supervisor is the responsible party. I dont hear you decrying police administration that dirctly caused this officers death. Big whoopsie would be old Chief shot his officer and blamed the property owner?........ Who knows life is stranger than fiction.

"Many comments in this thread are clearly illustrative of why lawful gun ownership in this country is possibly doomed -- because there are so many gun-owning lunatics spouting so much anti-law-enforcement vitriol that all that is right about the gun rights movement is lost in hateful, inane hyperbole " Old Dog

Arm chair warrior who wouldnt fight anything in real life?... Seems you cant try to make a arguement just now being rude and insulting.

Why wouldnt we want to think about this and see who was right or wrong.

And why are you so full of hater-aid?

Do people think that an intruder on their property who threatens their dogs can be met with lethal force legally!? Remove the fact that he is a police officer acting in his official duties and you still can't kill an intruder in the same scenario. When do people think deadly lethal force is justified? Again, gun owners, know the laws you seem to blindly preach about. Threatening to taze a mans dog does not qualify. Apparently a dog is worth spending 10 years behind bars.

I'm sorry that you qualify someone who views all life as equal as insane. I'm going to stay away from the shock and awe and name calling. Your opinions are pretty clear to me, I don't know why you are confused about mine. It's typed out pretty clearly.

I have some serious problems with what you've said earlier in this thread, but I respect your right to live your life the way you see it, please respect mine.

Fair enough Wyatt

Let me get this straight. There are multiple members posting in this thread that they agree with the homeowner's action --I did not say I agreed with the homeowner and what he did was right. killing a law enforcement officer who was in the performance of his duty, legally on the homeowner's property, because the cop pointed a non-lethal weapon at the homeowner's dogs? To me there is a real problem when an officer can kill a citizens dog and get away with it, but they want us to go to prison for 5 years or more for killing theirs.

Further, the thread then devolves into numerous people decrying the state of law enforcement in the country today, Yes, I am saying our government is doing things to us/against us (and our dogs) that I believe a bunch of us citizens think they should not be doing. and somehow attempting to rationalize the homicide because of their perceptions that those who work in law enforcement are misguided puppets of a corrupt government? No, I believe that (some) of them know what they are doing and don't care and do things on purpose because the can and know that they can get away with it. And I believe that (some) officers know better but say nothing.

Some of you guys make me truly sick. You have a right do disagree.

Many comments in this thread are clearly illustrative of why lawful gun ownership in this country is possibly doomed --Why, because we disagree? because there are so many gun-owning lunatics spouting so much anti-law-enforcement vitriol that all that is right about the gun rights movement is lost in hateful, inane hyperbole Yet at the same time, the pro-law-enforcement will slam us, call us names, insinuate that we are garbage and are deserving of death for telling them we believe some of their actions ( like killing our dogs) are questionable and should be stopped...

I feel the need to be clear for you guys one last time. Then I am truly done.

Deadly force will be used when and if when I feel a member of my family is at jeopardy of death and or severe harm. MY dogs to me are members of my family. The threat can come in many different forms. I live in Portland Oregon and lately our police have been far less than stellar. Our police have a major issue with how they are percieved by the citzenry they are sworn to protect. If I feel that there is someone in my backyard I will be determing that threat to the best of my ability while armed on my own property. There are nights that my dogs start barking and I go out to investigate - the time to determine you need a firearm is not after you are out there - fortunately I have never had a need for a firearm in my backyard. If someone regardless of uniform or not were to come into my back yard and I thought they were going to kill one of my family members say because maybe they were in pursuit of another object / person there would not be much to discuss. The problem is that even in a legal situation such as this an officer might possibly just get fired for killing a home owner that was legally in the right. In short the police want us to be sheeple and do everything they say and or demand. I can legally be dearmed by the police in my own home or on my own property, put in handcuffs and I dont even have to do anything wrong - just because the officer wants to - this is wrong.

James Ruby

P.S - Everytime I have needed an officer or LEO they show up after everything is over. I have had four breakins in the last five year and so far nothing has been done and expect nothing will be.

Last Edited:
The COP had no warrant, no right to be on the property, all had to do was back down, COPS, like any and all government SERVENTS have NO common sense, they are ignorant to a fault, thats why they are COPS, or government servents, like wellfare recipients, they can't make it without government handout. ( sarc OFF ) If the cop had backed down he would still be alive. This incident reminds me so much of Ruby Ridge, Federal Employee shoots, and kills Debbie Weaver, while holding 10 month old baby, cowardly Federal Emplyoee shoots 14 year old Sammy Weaver in the back, Federall Employee shoots dog. this incident will not be the last of its kind.

i have had same experience, feel exactly the same, i used to respect cops, now fear , look at them with distrust, contempt. if you own a gun, a shovel is useful as well. Happy gardening.

Deadly force will be used when and if when I feel a member of my family is at jeopardy of death and or severe harm. MY dogs to me are members of my family. The threat can come in many different forms. I live in Portland Oregon and lately our police have been far less than stellar. Our police have a major issue with how they are percieved by the citzenry they are sworn to protect. If I feel that there is someone in my backyard I will be determing that threat to the best of my ability while armed on my own property. There are nights that my dogs start barking and I go out to investigate - the time to determine you need a firearm is not after you are out there - fortunately I have never had a need for a firearm in my backyard. If someone regardless of uniform or not were to come into my back yard and I thought they were going to kill one of my family members say because maybe they were in pursuit of another object / person there would not be much to discuss. The problem is that even in a legal situation such as this an officer might possibly just get fired for killing a home owner that was legally in the right. In short the police want us to be sheeple and do everything they say and or demand. I can legally be dearmed by the police in my own home or on my own property, put in handcuffs and I dont even have to do anything wrong - just because the officer wants to - this is wrong.

James Ruby

P.S - Everytime I have needed an officer or LEO they show up after everything is over. I have had four breakins in the last five year and so far nothing has been done and expect nothing will be.

James Ruby

Again, see how that works out for you. You would use deadly force when it is not legally allowed. Have fun spending time in prison because of your dogs. You would sure prove your point though....

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top