JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why a hand gun in a church.. I do know we live in a unsafe place but flashing a gun around in a church with kids and all is just not right.If he is a cop he needs to lose the badge

You should be able to have a pistol in kindergarten without issue or injury. The gun didn't go off. Somebody shot that lady. End of story. A more appropriate headline would be, "man accidentally shoots woman in church."

Why a hand gun in a church.. I do know we live in a unsafe place but flashing a gun around in a church with kids and all is just not right.If he is a cop he needs to lose the badge

He's not a "cop," and as to "why a hand gun in a church," some people are wearing a gun any time they're wearing pants. Like me. A responsible gun packer can do this without any problems.. but this guy broke several of the Four Rules of Firearm Safety. The FRFS are designed to overlap- violation of any one of the rules will never result in a death. But combine violations, and people can die.

I'm sure he will be ostracized around there.He was a security guard at a school? You think the parents will let there kids be in the school with this douche? That could have been a child instead of just a young lady.
And he thought the gun was unloaded because he took the magazine out? Holly cow

Wow, a lot of hostile responses to a simple refutation of the claim that "these things don't happen often." They do happen often, certainly in part because the US is a nation of 312 million souls, and also because there's no intelligence or competence test for firearms ownership. And that's the way it should be, too. But 800 accidental deaths per year is not "rare," although it's dwarfed by the number of motor-vehicle deaths, almost all of which are accidental.

There is a large number of unnecessary accidental deaths involving firearms in the US - it's a fact. But just like with autos, it's the price we pay for near-universal access.

Calling for comparing these senseless deaths to homicides in the UK is so bizarre that I don't know what to do with that statement. We are talking about average citizens here who are not bent on criminal acts, but whose inattention or casual attitudes cost irreplaceable lives. We might ask about the rate of accidental knife deaths in the UK - what do you think those stats would look like?

Let's keep our eye on the ball. Angry denials illuminate nothing, and solve nothing. It's only luck that the enormous number of accidental shootings don't result in even more fatalities.

Investigators have said Moises Zambrana was showing his gun in a small closet to another church member interested in buying a firearm.
A small closet? What was he thinking? I mean a confined space, possibly poorly lit. Maybe an illegal FTF transaction?

I have read that a lot of church members carry down south after a couple shooting took place.
They let crazies in the door there too.
Either the guy was a pure idiot or there was something going on that the fiance was shot.

I'm just sayin'

Better yet do a search on how many responsible gun owners get through every day without incident through using common sense. Oh wait you won't find any because that's not what the fear mongers want you to hear.

I did a search for how many people stopped at stop signs successfully, retrieved their mail from the mailbox without problems, went to the store and were able to buy groceries for the past year. I wasn't able to find much. Maybe it's the same idea for gun owners who don't do stupid stuff. Let's face it: stupid makes the news for the most part, not uneventful things that happens millions of times a day.

We had a chat at my church about guns in the building... asked how many carry . wow the older lady playing the keys packs her huppys army gun... damm colt 45 .. 3 out of 5 carry .. well now i will .. praise the lord and pass more ammo... what a day

This kind of negligence and lack of respect for human life should be rewarded with a rope. I have zero sense of humor in this regard

But 800 accidental deaths per year is not "rare,"...

I disagree, it is rare in a nation of 311 million people, including more than 70 million gun owners. And according to the CDC there were 554 accidental firearm deaths (in 2009, latest year available), not 800. That comes out to 0.18 deaths per 100,000 people (in 2009). For comparison, in 2009 2,823 died in fires, 3,517 died from drowning, 24,792 died from falls, 31,758 died from accidental poisoning, and 34,485 died in motor vehicle accidents WISQARS Details of Leading Causes of Death

It's only luck that the enormous number of accidental shootings don't result in even more fatalities.

"Enormous number of accidental shootings"? Again according to the CDC, in 2010 there were 14,161 non-fatal accidental firearm injuries. For comparison, in 2010 there were 2,764,332 non-fatal injuries to motor vehicle occupants. There were 515,861 non-fatal injuries from bicycle accidents. Compared to those numbers, in a nation of over 311 million people and over 70 million gun owners with over 200 million firearms, less than 15,000 fatal and non-fatal accidental shootings is not an "enormous number".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top