JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been thinking a lot about what is happening and how it is clearly a concerted effort by the state to create a sense of fear among the people, and many of the discussions on this forum and others are confirming that belief. I think it is time for a mindshift and consideration of certain facts. In most, if not all examples of oppressive goverments or kingdoms, the masses are controlled by fear and by an implied threat of violence by a very tiny group of individuals. Isn't this strange how we let this happen...how we allow our minds and lives to be controlled this way? I believe those who seek 24/7/365 to control us know this very well and know the vast majority of humans will fall right in line with the psychological warfare without even knowing they are under attack. The concerted effort to disarm Americans and bring them in line with the other nations is underway...clearly, and we jabber on about how we will work around the muddled restrictions towards our God given rights. Time to see the big picture because all of this sensible and reasonable gun control is not common sense, it is a big steaming pile of well organized and nefarious bullbubblegum brought to you by the domestic enemies who have slipped past the wire, killed the watchman, put on his uniform, and are telling us to go back to sleep...all is fine, you are now in good hands.

Pls excuse typos...

I've been thinking a lot about what is happening and how it is clearly a concerted effort by the state to create a sense of fear among the people, and many of the discussions on this forum and others are confirming that belief. I think it is time for a mindshift and consideration of certain facts. In most, if not all examples of oppressive goverments or kingdoms, the masses are controlled by fear and by an implied threat of violence by a very tiny group of individuals. Isn't this strange how we let this happen...how we allow our minds and lives to be controlled this way? I believe those who seek 24/7/365 to control us know this very well and know the vast majority of humans will fall right in line with the psychological warfare without even knowing they are under attack. The concerted effort to disarm Americans and bring them in line with the other nations is underway...clearly, and we jabber on about how we will work around the muddled restrictions towards our God given rights. Time to see the big picture because all of this sensible and reasonable gun control is not common sense, it is a big steaming pile of well organized and nefarious bullbubblegum brought to you by the domestic enemies who have slipped past the wire, killed the watchman, put on his uniform, and are telling us to go back to sleep...all is fine, you are now in good hands.

Pls excuse typos...

I think the non-anonymous nature of this forum lends itself to caution by many members.

My post ban battery will be the same as my pre-ban battery.

9E4EF212-3729-4E9E-A87E-38CA40EF9950.jpeg

If that fails, grab a rock, down a helicopter, grab a revolver, and end up with a deuce and a half with an M60...

Easy, in a post evil black gun world...

Remington 870 - 12 ga
1894 Marlin - 45-70 government
1873 SAA - 45 LC

And for EDC, a 2.5 S&W .357 or .44 magnum...

Trade capacity for knock down power, that's the game they want us to play...

Anyone remember the media whining and wailing about this during the great clinton mag ban? I do. Remember reading some left snow flakes saying it was horrible that gun makers were making all kinds of "small powerful guns" now that were 10 round cap. It of course had a lot more to do with the way CC was gaining ground state by state but I did have to laugh when I read it.

Everyone, my real name is Bob Kebab. I live in Alaska, on 123, Fake st.

Eh, government knows where you are. Really, the pressing concern would be people who try to SWAT people just because they don't like them. Atm anyways.

Oh I know. And I am sure they already know who I am. Still doesn't mean I am going to admit to a felony on here. I would rather them have to make up charges like they did in Waco when they come try and root me out.

Oh I know. And I am sure they already know who I am. Still doesn't mean I am going to admit to a felony on here. I would rather them have to make up charges like they did in Waco when they come try and root me out.
Well yeah, I'm not gonna go online and say my name is Bob Kebab and I make illegal kebab sandwiches. o_O

A few have mentioned the Mossberg 930 as potentially being included on a future AWB list.
Could someone explain that ?
Unless someone goes and "tacticools" it with obvious ban bait items like an over ten shot {non-detachable} tube, threaded barrel, pistol grip, fully enclosed hand guard, ETC...how does it qualify for the list ?
In reading the California list, it seems that you need to have one with at least one of the "evil" features for it to qualify for a AW status..

I studied the ways of the Secret Underground Rock Throwing Ninja's during my time at the Deathstar Academy of Fine Combat.

Ah, I see I'm not the only student of Rick Tew's Martial Science!

For me:
Tikka CTR in .308
Henry Big Boy in .357
S&W 327 TRR8
S&W 327
Ruger Redhawk in .45LC/.45ACP
Ruger SP 101 in .357
Winchester 1300
Browning Cynergy CX Composite

A few have mentioned the Mossberg 930 as potentially being included on a future AWB list.
Could someone explain that ?
Unless someone goes and "tacticools" it with obvious ban bait items like an over ten shot {non-detachable} tube, threaded barrel, pistol grip, fully enclosed hand guard, ETC...how does it qualify for the list ?
In reading the California list, it seems that you need to have one with at least one of the "evil" features for it to qualify for a AW status..

Anyone who was around a couple decades ago remembers when the Fed's just up and made a semi shotgun an AOW after it was being sold. They decided it was not a hunting arm, but a destructive device. With the stroke of a pen it became law. If there is another mass shoot using one of these shotguns they will be screaming to ban them. Same with the 14" models. Many law makers I can assure you have no idea these are being sold. If one is used for a big shoot they will be next. These laws have zero to do with saving lives. Don't assume any kind of logic goes into what to ban. It's all emotion.

Last Edited:
The problem is with the language of "being able to accept" a higher cap mag. In an extreme interpretation, nearly every popular semi-auto pistol ever has had a "higher cap magazine" made for it, even 1911s. For instance, the double stack 9mm Glocks down to the baby ones would all be done in by their ability to take the larger mags of the G18.

The proposed law is THAT stupid.
That is an extreme interpretation. The way that I read it the magazine greater than 10 rounds is illegal, not the gun. As long as you don't use anything over 10 rounds in your handgun, it is not an assault weapon and doesn't need to be registered or sold off. The standard magazines that came with the gun can reside in another state until needed.

Not being defeatist, just a thought exercise.

In this scenario, your ARs and Glocks are not gone, nor are my AKs and Berettas, but they are under continual threat.

So, you've got too much to lose to fight the law, can't afford to move, etc., and decide to stay and build a post ban battery—think manually operated 3 Gun selections. No "modern" semi-autos, not even 1911s, because they are theoretically capable of taking "banned" magazines.

What are your three "legal in California-lite" firearms to rebuild around?

Rifle: M1 Garand in .308. I'd stay away from '06 for the cost savings. Honorable mention: A Tikka T3x in .308 with 10 round bottom metal or a Ruger GSR.

Shotgun: Mossberg 590A1, 20" same as now. Honorable mention: Kel-Tec KSG.

Handgun: probably a 7 shot Ruger GP-100 or an 8 shot Redhawk in .357 Mag. Honorable mention: Tracking down a HKP7M8 because no higher cap mag or extender was ever made for it and they're dang cool pistols.
I would convert my ARs to manual loaders.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top