JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not being defeatist, just a thought exercise.

In this scenario, your ARs and Glocks are not gone, nor are my AKs and Berettas, but they are under continual threat.

So, you've got too much to lose to fight the law, can't afford to move, etc., and decide to stay and build a post ban battery—think manually operated 3 Gun selections. No "modern" semi-autos, not even 1911s, because they are theoretically capable of taking "banned" magazines.

What are your three "legal in California-lite" firearms to rebuild around?

Rifle: M1 Garand in .308. I'd stay away from '06 for the cost savings. Honorable mention: A Tikka T3x in .308 with 10 round bottom metal or a Ruger GSR.

Shotgun: Mossberg 590A1, 20" same as now. Honorable mention: Kel-Tec KSG.

Handgun: probably a 7 shot Ruger GP-100 or an 8 shot Redhawk in .357 Mag. Honorable mention: Tracking down a HKP7M8 because no higher cap mag or extender was ever made for it and they're dang cool pistols.

PS90's with a handful of standard 50rd's.

MK 2's with a bunch of standard 20rd's.

We'll hang onto the MK 2 30rd's for range drills.

Our CZ carries have scary standard 10 rd's, so mayhaps a few standard 20rd's in pockets or a standard 30rd stick in the bag.

Our Ruger LC9S carries are under standard mag capacity, but aftermarket standard mags are 10 IIRC, but they're poop for reliability (like after market MK 2 standard 30 rd's).

We're not playing, criminals do not abide laws, that's why they're criminals.

I studied the ways of the Secret Underground Rock Throwing Ninja's during my time at the Deathstar Academy of Fine Combat.

I'm thinking I'll be ok post ban.

If I am still this side of the dirt at ban of auto loading rifles lever guns in pistol caliber for me. Shot gun if they still allow those newer Mossberg 930's, that would be first choice. I already want one of those now every time I see one. Second choice would be a Kel-Tec if they still allowed those. Hand guns if all autos go would be D/A in large strait wall cartridges, .44 and .45. Super easy to roll ammo for tailored to any thing you need.

If I am still this side of the dirt at ban of auto loading rifles lever guns in pistol caliber for me. Shot gun if they still allow those newer Mossberg 930's, that would be first choice. I already want one of those now every time I see one. Second choice would be a Kel-Tec if they still allowed those. Hand guns if all autos go would be D/A in large strait wall cartridges, .44 and .45. Super easy to roll ammo for tailored to any thing you need.

My 930 JM is fun. It would be one of my go-to's in a pinch.

Reminds me of a game we used to play as kids called, "what if your junk got blown off"

"Since I live in Oregon under a retarded gun ban, people now just call me 'Shorty.'"

BTW, my list has changed.

Rifle: Ruger American Predator in 7.62x39
Shotgun: KSG-25.
Handgun: S&W 929

My Personal Ban Hammer: Crank turned Gatling gun in .45-70 Government.

Semi Auto Pistols having a magazine capacity of 10 rounds or less should be perfectly acceptable to the domestic enemies...I assume...according to what they say.

367F1088-3140-4AE8-84FA-4CE9A6414481.jpeg

Semi Auto Pistols having a magazine capacity of 10 rounds or less should be perfectly acceptable to the domestic enemies...I assume...according to what they say.

View attachment 452233

The problem is with the language of "being able to accept" a higher cap mag. In an extreme interpretation, nearly every popular semi-auto pistol ever has had a "higher cap magazine" made for it, even 1911s. For instance, the double stack 9mm Glocks down to the baby ones would all be done in by their ability to take the larger mags of the G18.

The proposed law is THAT stupid.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads