JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't recall having an actual "question" IIRC (and I did look back) it was more of an observation that the info available on firearms used by depression era gangsters doesn't tend to support the idea that SBR's were in common usage by said gangsters. And yes, the Thompson, but they stole those in that configuration and didn't saw them off.
I stand by what I said before: Gangsters were the 'reason' but The Poors * were the actual target of the NFA

* And minorities, but that's for another day
There's a pretty good video about it…originally they wanted to ban handguns and didn't want poors just sawing down a shotgun or rifle to make one.

There's a pretty good video about it…originally they wanted to ban handguns and didn't want poors just sawing down a shotgun or rifle to make one.

Once upon a time I had some links to discussions about how sawed off rifles and take down rifles were favored by criminals because they could be more easily transported in crowded automobiles or trains / busses but the kicker was that the 'criminals' in question were displaced peasants that had been forced out of their ancestral rural homes and returned for hunting seasons . . . oh, sorry, to poach game from the lands of the titled gentry that brought up huge tracts of land during the Depression

Once upon a time I had some links to discussions about how sawed off rifles and take down rifles were favored by criminals because they could be more easily transported in crowded automobiles or trains / busses but the kicker was that the 'criminals' in question were displaced peasants that had been forced out of their ancestral rural homes and returned for hunting seasons . . . oh, sorry, to poach game from the lands of the titled gentry that brought up huge tracts of land during the Depression
I hear the cosa Nostra liked them:

:s0114: That is a photo finish quote! You hit the quote button just as I edited my post :s0090:
Pedersoli makes a way overpriced (imo) 45LC/.410 double barrel pistol (howdah) and a black powder 20 gauge (howdah)? Those are the only similar ones available now that I know of outside of a SBS or strictly muzzleloader.

Excluding things like serbu shorty and these I mean (I think some are aows and most are sbs but can't recall):

measuring from off the floor ?

I'm guessing that the people posting what bent knee pansies we are, went straight to putting stocks on their coat hanger sear equipped AR pistols and hadn't even bothered with gutless braces anyway.
I'm hoping you have "Go" switches on your Glocks, make you own oil filter cans and pipe fitting suppressors because "all in" right ?
I were ATF*, yours is the door I'd come knocking on first because you might have "entertaining" stuff and you'd likely plea deal all your friends into jail... Luckily the ATF never read gun forums and have no way of finding out who you are...

I amnesty formed 9 "pistols" out of that 250Kish total- whatever the legal outcome, worst case is I can remove the braces and I'm back to pistols. As far as being "on a list" I really don't care. I have other NFA items, so I'm not unknown to the ATF. Will find out if this virtue signaling pays off soon enough.
Meanwhile ,you do you.

* I'm not.
Soooooo you bent over ??? rule vs law ;) you fell for fear of a rule not a law. But looks like I triggered someone who walks around with Dont' Tread on Me mantra and is getting called out LMAO......

Soooooo you bent over ??? rule vs law ;) you fell for fear of a rule not a law. But looks like I triggered someone who walks around with Dont' Tread on Me mantra and is getting called out LMAO......
Don't think you're using "triggered" quite right, but anyway....
And you can't really take credit for calling me out, as I've been pretty straight forward about my bending over amnesty filings.

Keep on keeping on though, Outlaw.
I'm super impressed so far.

Don't think you're using "triggered" quite right, but anyway....
And you can't really take credit for calling me out, as I've been pretty straight forward about my bending over amnesty filings.

Keep on keeping on though, Outlaw.
I'm super impressed so far.
I'm glad I impress you. Should learn a few things. But good luck to you. But you keep telling yourself whatever you want. We know your type.

Hypothetical question and one that I'm actually curious about..

Regardless of which way the Federal District Courts rule regarding the brace ruling...

If and When it gets to SCOTUS;

What are you "don't comply, never comply" people going to do, if in say, a 5-4 decision; the SCOTUS rules that the ATF has the right and ability to do such a thing as the pistol brace Final rule, and allows them to enforce it? Continue to not comply?
Just saying, the fact that there's a 6-3 conservative majority is no guarantee that a majority will rule in our favor.

Remember; Thompson/Center Arms, Staples, Heller, Macdonald, Caetano, Bruen and other 2A cases have consistently stated that "some regulations are okay, some prohibitions are allowed, dangerous and unusual weapons can and should be regulated".

The danger is that 2 conservative Justices could very well side with the three Statist liberal/leftist Justices.

Last Edited:

Regardless of which way the Federal District Courts rule regarding the brace ruling...

What are you "don't comply, never comply" people going to do, if in say, a 5-4 decision; the SCOTUS rules that the ATF has the right and ability to do such a thing as the pistol brace Final rule, and allows them to enforce it? Continue to not comply?
Just saying, the fact that there's a 6-3 conservative majority is no guarantee that a majority will rule in our favor.

Remember; Thompson/Center Arms, Staples, Heller, Macdonald, Caetano, Bruen and other 2A cases have consistently stated that "some regulations are okay, some prohibitions are allowed, dangerous and unusual weapons can and should be regulated".

The danger is that 2 conservative Justices could very well side with the three Statist liberal/leftist Justices.
And, what does "not comply" mean? Hide the detached brace under the furnace, or go to the public range with an illegal braced pistol?

And, what does "not comply" mean? Hide the detached brace under the furnace, or go to the public range with an illegal braced pistol?
Who knows? It could also mean swap for a proper stock and go out with a full blown SBR.

Edit. It simply means "don't register. Don't remove brace. Don't swap barrel. Keep it as is, don't destroy firearm. Don't turn in to ATF".

I don't know anything but just for the sake of discussion I look at a big picture.

If you add up all the braces out there it's said to be up to 40 million.

In order to convict a person the brace has to be on the gun and in someone's possession.

Odds are the government knows everyone who owns a brace that bought with a credit card.

Just guessing but having the brace on a gun will be a "add on" crime to other crimes.

Just like being a drug addict having a gun, it's an add on crime.

Today's laws are about control, with 7 billion people on the planet there is a big movement to gain full control. A constant stream of laws and regulations are used to steal your rights by making us criminals. There are all kinds of tools being used now to make us criminals.

Today's laws are about control, with 7 billion people on the planet there is a big movement to gain full control. A constant stream of laws and regulations are used to steal your rights by making us criminals. There are all kinds of tools being used now to make us criminals.
And this is the big point. The majority of the Americans are either all in for Govt control (see the scamdemic), or just don't care enough (see majority of gun owners not knowing the laws of their States and blaming those not in power for these laws when they find out :rolleyes: )

Too many people in general in America, are comfortable. Content, living decently with everything else going on... massive delusions of "normalcy".

And this is the big point. The majority of the Americans are either all in for Govt control (see the scamdemic), or just don't care enough (see majority of gun owners not knowing the laws of their States and blaming those not in power for these laws when they find out :rolleyes: )

Too many people in general in America, are comfortable. Content, living decently with everything else going on... massive delusions of "normalcy".
Just a point of view but people willingly or unknowingly submit to control all day long. It's not about if we are doing something we need to hide but we are spied on and manipulated constantly.

Call that tin foil hat if you want but it's totally true and anyone who wants can find the truth.

Bad part is that all the information is used against us and our GUN RIGHTS. Without spying on us they wouldn't know who has what brace or how many were sold.

Did the ATF ever say how many guns with braces are used in crimes?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top