JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The other question is. What's the market like for offloading pistol braces and short uppers for people who want to get a bunch of "free" SBR's during this time?

Really? Then who is gonna refund all the money I paid for my braces?
No ones taking your braces. You can use them as stocks and get free SBR NFA registration..

Really? Then who is gonna refund all the money I paid for my braces?
No ones taking your braces. You can use them as stocks and get free SBR NFA registration..
I figure that it's better than a wash if someone doesn't mind going the SBR route. My pistol came with the brace. If that effectively gets me a "free" SBR registration, then it was cheap!
But, if someone doesn't wish to go the "Free SBR" route, I guess it could be viewed as an expense and wrong, to boot. The ones I think get screwed are the ones that had to pay the $200 tax...

ps. If this brace/SBR rule doesn't go thru, I'll happily keep my pistol just as it is.

I'm going to try a summary, so please correct me if there's something I've missed.

3) It's required to file as an individual, instead of adding the firearm(s) to a trust.
My understanding that any guns added to a trust before the rule is published in the federal register are eligible for "free SBR". I'd encourage everyone to move the guns you *may* want to register as SBR to a trust now before it gets published.

I'd also encourage everyone to not do a damn thing for quite a while after the rule is published. Unless you somehow wanted an SBR before this mess, in which case enjoy your free SBR. Personally, I'll be waiting until I have no more time left and the lawsuits have been resolved. Likely this will be tied up in the court system for years though.

My understanding that any guns added to a trust before the rule is published in the federal register are eligible for "free SBR". I'd encourage everyone to move the guns you *may* want to register as SBR to a trust now before it gets published.

I'd also encourage everyone to not do a damn thing for quite a while after the rule is published. Unless you somehow wanted an SBR before this mess, in which case enjoy your free SBR. Personally, I'll be waiting until I have no more time left and the lawsuits have been resolved. Likely this will be tied up in the court system for years though.
Any experienced user of the eforms website will tell you the longer you wait the worse it will get. If it doesn't get an injunction right away people will wait and the last few weeks will be a complete blow up of the system.

Any experienced user of the eforms website will tell you the longer you wait the worse it will get. If it doesn't get an injunction right away people will wait and the last few weeks will be a complete blow up of the system.
If I'm being forced into SBR registration, the ATF has already stated that they will count forms submitted within the 120 days but not yet approved as in compliance until approved (but not denied). So I hope the system blows up.

Also, is anyone else wondering why there is this massive delay in publication to the federal register? This should have been in by monday or tuesday last week if it was "normal". It's interesting that it has still not yet been published. I think there are massive problems behind the scenes. They fact that they have not yet published it is very telling, for sure there are massive lawsuits just waiting for publication to file.

If I'm being forced into SBR registration, the ATF has already stated that they will count forms submitted within the 120 days but not yet approved as in compliance until approved (but not denied). So I hope the system blows up.

Also, is anyone else wondering why there is this massive delay in publication to the federal register? This should have been in by monday or tuesday last week if it was "normal". It's interesting that it has still not yet been published. I think there are massive problems behind the scenes. They fact that they have not yet published it is very telling, for sure there are massive lawsuits just waiting for publication to file.
The point is the last few weeks of the 120 days will be a complete meltdown. Its bad enough now. I did one today and took an hour and a half and couple of restarts. as 1000X times normal volume kicks in its going to explode and you want get a chance to get in during that 120 days. Counting on it to get kicked out in those 120 days ? Good luck with that. Bumpstocks are the best parallel and 5 years later they still aren't there .

No one is forcing you to do anything….

Don't wanna file for the tax stamp then just remove the brace. Simple.

I was just talking to a guy today. Purely scuttlebutt in the rumor mill, but it may appear the rule drop has pissed off a number of "influencials"... including some major kickback within the alphabet ranks that may be contributing to the delay action.

Evidently, some within their ranks are not too please when they suddenly realized the rule would apply to "them" as well... who are also private gun owners.

Truth factor? Mehhhh....

The delay does seem excessive to SOP and makes you wonder though, don't it. Some of the upper elite that don't want their smoke makers regulated doesn't seem too incredibly unbelievable.

I was just talking to a guy today. Purely scuttlebutt in the rumor mill, but it may appear the rule drop has pissed off a number of "influencials"... including some major kickback within the alphabet ranks that may be contributing to the delay action.

Evidently, some within their ranks are not too please when they suddenly realized the rule would apply to "them" as well... who are also private gun owners.

Truth factor? Mehhhh....

The delay does seem excessive to SOP and makes you wonder though, don't it.
This is been coming for months. I doubt that it came as a surprise to anybody except maybe some Fudds and anybody else living under a rock.

Wanna see people really fired up?
Wait till the masses find out about the whole 922r issue. Not the typical 922r compliance issue, but the fact there is no path forward at that point, no SBR path, none. AFT says you'll have to destroy them. :eek:

Last Edited:
This is been coming for months. I doubt that it came as a surprise to anybody except maybe some Fudds and anybody else living under a rock.
Just say it... "politicians". 🤣

Only the elite within their own ranks would hold much sway. Average American citizens are 2nd class and hold no influence to gum up the works. If in fact that is what's happening. Who the hell, knows.

Wait till the masses find out about the whole 922r issue. Not the typical 922r compliance issue, but the fact there is no path forward at that point, no SBR path, none. AFT says you'll have to destroy them. :eek:
Thats debatable. They can say that if they like but if the pistol was brought up to 922r specs prior to adding a brace they dont have a leg to stand on legally.

No one is forcing you to do anything….

Don't wanna file for the tax stamp then just remove the brace. Simple.
"You're not allowed to do what you have been legally doing. From now on you must do one of the 3 options instead or be considered a felon."

Having more than 1 option to respond to an ultimatum isn't any less of an ultimatum that forces a decision to be made.

Thats debatable. They can say that if they like but if the pistol was brought up to 922r specs prior to adding a brace they dont have a leg to stand on legally.
The far majority that are currently doing the amnesty stamp have no idea about the NFA side of things. It's their first and likely only foray into the NFA world. If 922r compliance becomes a thing, heads will explode.

"You're not allowed to do what you have been legally doing. From now on you must do one of the 3 options instead or be considered a felon."

Having more than 1 option to respond to an ultimatum isn't any less of an ultimatum that forces a decision to be made.
Do whatever you want. Consequences may follow. We're all adults here. Whether we like the rulings or not.

The brace was always a loophole to a SBR. Now you can file for a SBR and do it with a waived tax fee. Either that or remove the brace and continue running it as a pistol.

What guns does 922 affect or not affect?

Part of the problem is there is a financial incentive for the YouTube hype guys to hype problems. The problems may be real or not, big problems or small. But every problem is made to look like it's the end of the world.

The reason is because it makes them money to sensationalize or create drama. One problem found = hundreds of thousands of views.

Somehow we need info that is only facts, not hype. That's hard to find.

I think the ATF is trying to say, those "pistols" weren't really pistols, they were rifles (SBR), therefor they shouldn't have been legally allowed to be imported. So they need to be destroyed.

I've also heared, thats whey they haven't published the final rules, because they realized they f'ed up.

What guns does 922 affect or not affect?
922r affects every rifle. If you took a Colt AR and put a bunch of imported parts on it you could potentially turn it into a foreign made rifle. If you have a foreign made pistol it could easily be brought up to 922r compliance and be considered US made prior to installing the brace. The only braced pistol I have is like that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top