Reactions

Cover_Photo-768x303.png

Cucciolo_01_edited.png

OP
The Heretic

The Heretic

Reactions

POULIN-Firearms-Auction-Smith-Rhodes-Co-5-Barrel-4.jpg
Another obscure Confederate firearm. This five-barrel muzzleloading combination gun is made in the 1860s, in Richmond, Virginia by a company called Smith, Rhodes & Co. The barrels of the gun measure 25″ and are made of brass. The top two barrels are .50 caliber smoothbore, fired by the two top hammers. The three barrels of the bottom row are fired by the underhammer which can be rotated to line up with the nipple of the barrel the shooter wants to fire. The underhammer also doubles as a trigger guard. The middle barrel of the bottom row is 38 caliber smoothbore while the two barrels on its either side are .31 caliber rifled.

DeanMk

Reactions
Puff the magic Prius?
One of the Army Officers in charge of testing that gun was a former girlfriend's neighbor.
When I knew him he had long been retired. Used to sit in his garage and make doll houses and wooden cutouts of Disney characters.
Then he'd give them all away to the neighborhood kids.
He was the coolest guy.

DeanMk

Reactions
Actually, this is Puff The Magic Dragon, the airplane....

1593033406670.png

...however, both this plane and the AC-130 you show, also went by "Spooky", which I understand is where the confusion comes from.
The plane was named for the code name of the gun it used. What we now know as the "7.62 Minigun".
When the gun was being tested, it's "working title" was Puff The Magic Dragon.

....and now I see those dam black SUV's in the driveway again and the helicopters have just landed in the back yard.
Guess my next post will probably be from Leavenworth....or maybe Guantanamo. :s0001:

Dean

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
    • HA556
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
Top Bottom