JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mid 70's 6" tapered Ruger standard 22

Amazingly accurate for a fixed sight plinker, this $25.00 pistol regularly out shoots my friends higher dollar target pistols.

Mine's an early 60's version and it's just like you mention. If the target is not center punched, it's the shooter's fault.

But, I've also owned/shot a bunch of other handguns that I've loved. I have most of them still.

Colt 1911 45 ACP made in 1951. Gorgeous and accurate.
Dan Wesson CBOB, while I would trust my life to the Colt, this is the gun that I carry.
Ruger Three Screw Blackhawk .41 Mag. (1967) Trust worthy, accurate and powerful enough for anything I'll ever encounter or hunt.
S&W 500 5". One of the funnest, most outrageous handguns ever. Like legal dynamite!
Colt National Match 1962 vintage. What else can you say?
S&W 686+ 4". Sweet gun. Wonderful double action trigger.

This is just the top of a long list.

No way I can pick the single "best" handgun. I'm a fortunate fella. Life is good!

I have had 3 best guns ever. Here's why.....

My Colt Python that I had back in the mid 70's was the best handgun I've ever owned. It wasn't the most accurate, but it was the best handling and best looking handgun I've owned. Sadly I had to sell it to pay off some very importanty debts.
The most accurate shooter is my S&W Model 14 Target Masterpiece with a 6" barrel. Incredibly accurate at 25 yds, with little to no recoil.
The one I'll bet my life, on is my S&W Model 57 in .41 Magnum. It's my woods carry gun.

Regards,
Gearchecker

Power Custom S&W 686. Full custom with a 6" Hexagonal barrel and a 3x12 Burris handgun scope. Ron Power himself said "here take this for the day and if you hike up in those hills, shoot some prairie dogs with it". He handed me a couple boxes of 125 gr JHP's and I was happier than a "whore in a pickle factory".:winkkiss::winkkiss:I think I got about 50 dogs with that thing that day.......Revolver perfection by one of the best custom pistolsmiths there is..........:s0155:

I have only shot a handful of pistols well. I am kind of a Glock guy and I love my Glock 19 with in desert camo. However, I am not that good of a marksman and at 15 yards my groups are about three to four inches. Last time I went shooting I shot my friends FNH FHP 45 tactical and I shot a two inch group full mag at 15 yards and I wasn't even trying hard. That was by far, my best ever grouping for any handgun in any caliber to date. That FNP 45 was so natural and just awesome. If I get to the point of wanted to add another caliber into the collection 45 acp with be it and the first pistol I buy will be the FNP 45 tactical.

"peteralexander78"... i'v read a couple of your posts, and ya i know your just starting to get into this handgun gig....i'v only been shooting handguns for a few yrs. i must say "interesting" ! anyway i had a chanch to pick up a hi-power 9 mm clone (fm-argentina) new for 275.00 from a guy who needed money . well i called my "gun guy", and he said it's the best one out there for a clone(some say better then the browning) it holds 13 rnds. of 9 mm d/s, and believe me, i'v stuffed every type of ammo down it , and only had one ftf, due to cheap mag...i'v even got a 30 rnd mag, and it just keeps going... i have M/S, so i have to really check out how a gun fits my hands, and i say hands because if my right motor movements arn't "up" that day, then i have to shoot left....

just some thoughts.....steven

i'v read a couple of your posts, and ya i know your just starting to get into this handgun gig....i'v only been shooting handguns for a few yrs. i must say "interesting" ! anyway i had a chanch to pick up a hi-power 9 mm clone (fm-argentina) new for 275.00 from a guy who needed money . well i called my "gun guy", and he said it's the best one out there for a clone(some say better then the browning) it holds 13 rnds. of 9 mm d/s, and believe me, i'v stuffed every type of ammo down it , and only had one ftf, due to cheap mag...i'v even got a 30 rnd mag, and it just keeps going... i have M/S, so i have to really check out how a gun fits my hands, and i say hands because if my right motor movements arn't "up" that day, then i have to shoot left....

just some thoughts.....steven

Just out of curiosity... Who and to what are you referring to?

What is the best/ sweetest hand gun you ever shot? Mine is a Colt Stainless Python .357. Makes me want to trade my wife for one. (Dont tell her I have some one interested in the deal. lol)

I dont know if someone else has done one of these threads before, if they did I couldnt fine one.
i'm just responding to the "thread starters" opening comment, and i corrected my org. post.....sorry

steven

I own several 9mm's. Beretta 92FS is my hands down favorite. Mostly because I can hit with it. I shoot expired 12 ga. shells at 25 yards with it, and do pretty well. I know they don't fire back, but their small!

The Sig Sauer P226 X6. The X5 is nearly as good. I wanted one for years and finally broke down and bought the PPC model. All of my friends said I was crazy for buying a $3,000.00 handgun. Everyone who has shot it says it's worth the money. It's the Ferrari of Handguns; you can't understand why anyone would spend the money until you experience it for yourself.

Les Baer 1911 full size. A friend at the range bought one and when I examined it ( brand new) the slide was so tight I thought it would not function. Well I was wrong it digested all bullet weights reloads and factory. It shot fantastic. I wish I could afford one.

I have two:

This one because I shoot it best:
DSC_0984.jpg

And this one by Armand Swenson because it's just sweet:
RtSide-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA