Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Personal BEST handgun ever shot...?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Peteralexander78, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Peteralexander78

Peteralexander78 vancouver Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

What is the best/ sweetest hand gun you ever shot? Mine is a Colt Stainless Python .357. Makes me want to trade my wife for one. (Dont tell her I have some one interested in the deal. lol)

I dont know if someone else has done one of these threads before, if they did I couldnt fine one.

2. halmbarte

halmbarte PDX Active Member

HK P7. Fit my hand like it was made for me and I could keep all my shots on a B27 target at 100 yards.

Thing was a boat anchor, filthy, and mag capacity was limited. Currently carrying a Sig P226 with DAK, which is working very nicely for me.

H

3. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

Yes, although the Colt Python Ultimate Stainless was sweet, I liked to shoot the Dan Wesson .375 SuperMag. 220 gr. accurate to 200 meters with 8 in bbl.

4. madiz27

madiz27 Tacoma Member

S&W model 29, 44 magnum... First handgun I got the opportunity to shoot. We set up water jugs on my friends property as targets. Good times!

Letric and (deleted member) like this.
  5. NCW Ray

NCW Ray Sunny Eastern Washington Active Member

S&W Mod 27 3.5"...action as smooth as butter. Still have it, won't sell it. A close second was my H&K P7M10; softest shooting .40s&w I've ever shot also the fastest reloading pistol I've ever owned.

6. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

A Colt's 1860 Army. Many people prefer the Colt's Navy but the larger grip of the Army fits my hand better then any other handgun I have ever shot.

7. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

AMT III (30 carbine). Smooth trigger, smooth action, flame thrower! Probably one of the funnest pistols I've ever shot. Everyone who's shot seens to think so too.

8. 1stIDFMP

1stIDFMP North of Salem, south of Portland Active Member

Kimber TLE. My wife let me pick it out for my 45th birthday (couldn't talk her into a .50 cal. for my 50th.....). It seems like I just have to point it at the target and don't even have to aim. :)

9. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

FN 5.7

10. Benihaus

Benihaus Portland American

S&W 325pd short little sucker in .45 acp wieghed next to nothing and I had made custom cocbolo grips that fit my hand like soft clay. God I miss that gun, was stolen along with my favorite black rifle ever, Arsenal Arms SLR95 full milled AK that had action that felt like it was hydraulic.... soooo smooth.

11. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

I would have to go with my sig 226. It fits my hand like a glove, and I love the 9mm caliber. Pretty much no recoil so it makes my follow up shots pretty accurate.

12. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

Dan Wesson revolver, 6inch, 41 mag

13. Aero Denezol

Aero Denezol Salem Active Member

Ruger GP100 w/ a 4.5" bbl.

14. nitestocker

nitestocker woodland washington Well-Known Member

colt targetsman and my old glock 29 both the ssweetest shooters ive ever shot

15. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Springfield 1911 Loaded - fit my hand well and shoots great. Too bad I'm don't like the mechanics of 1911 so it just sits in the safe (too much of a pain to strip and clean)..

16. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

one particular CZ-75, pre b.
    i hear over and over how 9mm isnt effective enough... but it's the most comforting arm i've had in my hand.
    i've put ~10k rounds through it with not one FTF.
    eats whatever i give it.
    it's a damn pin driver; far more accurate than i am.
    i'm happy with capacity + accuracy + reliability.

oli700, Letric, snowdriver and 5 others like this.
  17. wombat

wombat Kirkland, WA Member

... Browning Hi Power; mid 60's serial number, and much rumored at the time to be from a former Rhodesian officer carry. Well it sure sounded good that way.
    Easy to point and shoot; hungry for 9mm ...

Will buy another one day ...

chris

18. glockman99

glockman99 Hoquiam, WA. Active Member

Many years ago I had an Enhanced Colt Gold Cup .45ACP that would put all 8 shots into one hole all day long...I sure wish I still had that pistol!

19. Eddie1962

Eddie1962 Lake Stevens, WA Member

Colt 1911 - 45ACP, and Sig P229 - 40SW.

20. rolandson

rolandson Oregon Active Member

Sig 239 .40 with Hogue rubber wrap around grips...though I do like my Sig 229 as well, the 239 is easier to conceal. The little bars of soap that passes for grips that the 239 comes with are next to useless. I would love to try wood grips on this thing, but at $100+ just to try them out, the rubber will do just fine.