JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I havent shot a ton of handguns, but I do love my XD40 SC. For its size its im pretty accurate with it and I just like the way it feels. Either that or my S&W model 10, Just because its a blast to shoot.

Browning Hi-Power Mk III. That's one of the few handguns that took no effort for me to hit what I want. That gun belonged to a friend of mine, who sold it. I give him crap to this day for forgetting to let me know he was selling it. I wound up buying a Mk II from a pawn shop a few years later, It shot well for me too, had a great trigger, but it was ammo finicky, and I kept getting hammer bite from it (which I strangely didn't experience with my bud's Mk III) so it wound up getting sold off or traded for another gun (probably a Glock). One of these days I've gotta get myself a Mk III.

The best shooter we have is the Colt Trooper .357. It was my wifes dad's service pistol, when he passed away she got the guns.
I love shooting mag rounds through it!! Not as much kick as you would think, so you can get it back on target pretty quick after a shot. You can put all six shots together pretty easy.

Now for a good time and big rounds, I go through a few rounds with the good ol single action' Great Western Arms Co. 45!!! Lots of kick, lots of noise, and lots of fun!!!! Can be accurate too if you take some time and a couple of breaths between shots.
The last range trip I took this thing out on, the guys next to us asked what it was..... .45acp. Oh dang! he says.... LOL!

Best Handgun ever shot? I would have to say my Beretta M9. Its very accurate and easy to shoot quickly. In a revolver, probably my Python. Not that it is more accurate than my Smith and Wessons were, its just a cooler looking gun. :)

A single shot Hawkin Plains style .50 cal Muzzle loader made by a great old boy named Harold Plank. He made it specifically for me. With 50 grains of fffg and a .490 round ball .020 patch it shot as well as any I could easily hit a pop can at 50 yards with it.

I almost cried when I had to sell it to pay a bill.

Guns I fired long ago were so much fun, often because they were one of a few I had ever shot. Those memories are often more than true reality and with limited experience.
So I would go with more recent memories. I really like the way my
Ruger GP100 6" barrel .38/.357 shoots. I like to shoot my Ruger P45 .40 caliber. Many other guns are a chore to shoot. Hurts the hand, fingers, wrist, and just doesn't fit the idea of fun.
Then there's the good old Ruger Single Six, 6" barrel. Always fun to shoot all day long.

My 1st pistol was a SS Colt Python .357 Mag 6" barrel. It is still my favorite big bore pistol. I've had it almost 20 years. As much as I love, it I would consider a trade, what's your wife look like? Can she cook? LOL

I lead a pretty sheltered life, but really love shooting my Beretta 92FS. Of what I have that would be my favorite.
I did shoot a Para 1911 .45 once. I could probably get used to that too. :)

My best shooter was my original Automag in 44amp. It kicked like a mule but shot beautifully.
Back when they were made, they were all hand fit and finished. The trigger was one of the smoothest I've ever pulled.
I still kick myself for getting rid of it but it did pay the bills for quite a while. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to replace it.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top