JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My S&W 686 would have to be number one. I had a 29-3 that was great. Just because the barrel wasn't pinned and recessed, didn't mean the action wasn't the finest on Earth. In my opinion the 29-3 is the best value in the 29's. I love Smith & Wesson revolvers. I wish I could buy one every month.

When I was a Reserve Police Officer, I got my first real handgun training on a Glock 22 .40 S&W. To this day, the smoothest and most user friendly handgun I have ever shot. Second would be my .40 cal SIG P229R, thirdly would be my Beretta M92FS.

Two way tie for me. A 2.5" S&W 66 delivers group a 2.5" barreled revolver jus shouldn't be capable of. The other, as improbable as it sounds, is a box stock Glock 26 that delivers equally impressive groups.

I'm old, so for me it is the 1911 platform. Preferably Colt, but SA builds a nice 1911 also. My current is a Colt 1991A1 and although I haven't replaced the plastic and MiM parts and have only added a Wilson Combat full length guide rod, she's a sweet shooter, fits my hand comfortably and gives me a natural point of aim. Things I have found difficult to find in other hand guns, except my BIL's S&W Model 67 Service Revolver...that is a great little .38!!

It almost feels weird to see my own writing on this, but having shot Pythons and Dick Specials, S&W wheelies, 1911s, and just about everything else under the sun, my all time favorite is my Beretta PX4C in 9mm. It doesn't have the greatest trigger, or the bestest sights, nor is it the lightest, nor the most indestructible, but in my hands it is the quickest and most accurate pistol I have ever fired and makes my shooting look as if it were aided by Hollywood special effects magic and that's good enough for me.

My Para Ordnance P-16 Limited worked over by a smith.

Shot a lot of different firearms but it just suits me perfectly. Accurate perfection.

At the time I got it I had no idea how special they are ... and with the perfect tune on it ... and comparing it to dozens of others ... it is the very best.

Ruger Mark II 22/45 with 5.5" stainless steel bull barrel. Most fun handgun I own. I picked this up from a member of this board, and it will be handed down to my Son someday.

rugermark2.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------
Capitalism is BO$$!!!

I have two:

Best revolver is a S&W 29 with a 4" barrel. Very accurate. I have had it for over 25 years.

Best Semi-Auto: Wilson Combat CQB full size .45ACP. It shoots way better than I do.

The sweetest handgun is my S&W 586 4". I just love the SA trigger.
Although I do love my Cougar 8000 9mm. The Cougar just fits my hand perfectly with sight alignment spot on when pulling up to POA.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top