JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dollar Tree is hard to beat in many cases for things like rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. ibuprofen - its hit and miss. Sometimes a better deal can be had at Winco, Safeway, or Walgreens. Same goes for acetaminophen (tylenol) and aspirin tablets.

Dollar Tree is hard to beat in many cases for things like rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. ibuprofen - its hit and miss. Sometimes a better deal can be had at Winco, Safeway, or Walgreens. Same goes for acetaminophen (tylenol) and aspirin tablets.

The Ibuprofen I bought from Dollar tree was strange looking ..Out of round like it was made in someone's garage. For all we know it could be compressed sheetrock dust with brown lead paint on it.

The Ibuprofen I bought from Dollar tree was strange looking ..Out of round like it was made in someone's garage. For all we know it could be compressed sheetrock dust with brown lead paint on it.
I've found such products can be sketchy, even name brand toothpaste I bought there turned out to be a knockoff... Don't think Colgate is manufacturing product in China... Just sayin' :eek:

I've found such products can be sketchy, even name brand toothpaste I bought there turned out to be a knockoff... Don't think Colgate is manufacturing product in China... Just sayin' :eek:

It's probably fine now, since China quit taking all our dirty plastic and cardboard. Question is, is the toothpaste made HERE okay? I know lettuce is a crap shoot anymore. No pun intended.

That which does not kill, cripple, or induce life long untreatable disease makes you stronger right?

I don't know........If I'm stronger because of all the little aches and pains, that have built up to real pain, over the last ten years or not? :s0092: 30 years ago I would have had no idea what a person can learn to put up with though.

I admit I have never been to the Dollar Tree for medical supplies but thought I would post the video. My next trip and I go in the medical supply aisle and see what they have.

A few items, I get from the Dollar Tree; for example;
Bandages
Band-Aids
cotton rounds
cotton balls
petroleum jelly
gauze
cotton swabs (hit or miss on how good they are:rolleyes:)
Alcohol pads (Also hit or miss on if theyre still good)
eye patch/pads (good sizes for other wounds)
tape
athletic wrap or two (excellent for sprains and such)
moist towelettes- theres a few different types, but in general they're good for cleaning stuff
feminine pads (for both the wife, and also for certain wounds)
hand sanitizer- come on, who doesn't carry small ones.... :D

Otherwise, I get stuff in bulk from Winco and from Wal Mart for specific things like aspirin, allergy meds (I am allergic to sulfide antibiotics :confused:), antibiotic cream, burn creams, tincture of green soap towelettes (sometimes way better than the moist towelettes), hydrogen peroxide, betadine solution, potable aqua water sanitize tabs, and whatever else I may need that I am trained in :) I keep empty small pill bottles for the small stuff so that its easier to pack into my First Aid Kits.

Don't forget the 2-pack of super glue they carry in the hardware section. Can be used in a pinch to close up some wounds. Do some research before using it though.

Yeah, I use the Hydrogen Peroxide or alcohol swabs mostly to just clean the skin around the open wounds and then wipe dry, and then put antibiotic cream. The Hydrogen peroxide solution usually stays at home though; because the other stuff (alcohol swabs, tincture of green soap towelettes or moist towelettes) tend to do a better job, and is better overall.

Don't forget the 2-pack of super glue they carry in the hardware section. Can be used in a pinch to close up some wounds. Do some research before using it though.

I'm more of a butterfly bandage guy and stiches if it needs more then that.

Tip - stock up on some maximum strength oral pain gels/liquids. They are a great topical wound pain killer if you need it.

Yea, DON'T use Hydrogen Peroxide to clean or treat any thing more then a good scratch If you use any thing stronger then a 3% mix! Remember what it IS, it's caustic ( corrosive ) and a poison in higher concentrations ( as well as an ingredient for rocket fuel) so it's best to NOT use it!

Oxygen is also used as rocket fuel :rolleyes: But yes, Like I said; I don't use it for deep cuts or anything, I use it just for cleaning AROUND the wound....Much the same way one uses soap and water to clean....however the latter is much better out in the field

Hey Patriot nurse, I even like her rants on occasion... Her and Reid man, so passionate about stuff.

Anyway yeah dollar store is good, also switched to silvasorb for light wounds due to another podcast I listen to. And manucha honey bandages for burns.

Oh and can't forget the isreali bandage, those things are pretty awesome. I even threw one in my car first aid kit for accidents.

Yea, DON'T use Hydrogen Peroxide to clean or treat any thing more then a good scratch If you use any thing stronger then a 3% mix! Remember what it IS, it's caustic ( corrosive ) and a poison in higher concentrations ( as well as an ingredient for rocket fuel) so it's best to NOT use it!

H2O2 is only good for the first cleaning, and for that, you don't want to go above 3%. Soap and water are better. But, if it's all ya got, use it.
Why you only want to use it for the original cleaning is because it removes repair cells from the wound, effectively eliminating the healing that has happened.
Above 20% it starts to burn, above 50% it will inflict chemical burns and do serious damage. A friend had 70% put on her hair by accident at a salon. She had discoloring burns on her skin, lost all of her hair and only a small amount of it grew back.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top