JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What Camouflage Would You Choose for the PNW?

• MARPAT

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • OCP

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • TIGERSTRIPE

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • WOODLAND

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • REALTREE

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • CAMO?? I Don't need no stinkin Camo

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Solid Colors. Like Khaki or Olive Drab

Votes: 14 14.9%

• Total voters
Now for those with a more tactical mindset: if you intend on conducting ops in some urban settings, this might be appropriate.
unicorn camoflage.PNG

Depends on application.

Hunting: whatever is on sale or you already have.

Warfare, SHTF? My vote is CADPAT. Similar to marpat, but darker shades of green/grey for this area.

Greens n browns. Not too hard really... just go flat (no sheen) and make sure no outline is visible. Bisect the outline plane with the direction of the camo layout

I go with solid earth colors - mostly OD green.

I don't hunt anymore, so I am mostly planning for fading into the background, whether in an urban or rural area. I don't want to stand out - the definition of camo. Military camo stands out in urban/suburban areas, especially if someone describes you to a LEO; "six foot six balding guy wearing green military looking camo gear" - I would stand out like a sore thumb - less so with just plain green shirt/coat and blue (or brown) jeans.

In my experience, OD green fades into the foliage on the wet side of the Cascades very well; I once looked for 20 minutes for a WWII OD green satchel I dropped in the woods after I shot a deer (I dropped it so I knew where I shot from so I could find the deer that fell into a bunch of green ferns). One of the main things about not being seen by humans or game is to be as still as possible - I have more than once let deer walk right into where I was standing because they didn't see me since I wasn't moving, regardless of what I was wearing last was - last time was a doe and fawn coming towards me about 100 yards from my house while was in the woods wearing street clothes.

For the M81 Woodland and OD and Ranger Green fans... here's a doozy ;) there exist two major variations of Woodland. Green Dominant and Brown dominant. Most pouches are more brown dominant, but some gear is green dominant. LBVs are commonly green dominant while MOLLE vests are usually brown dominant.. but MOLLE woodland tends to have stronger Green in pattern unlike the ALICE gear. The uniform tinting may vary from company to company, and depending on source of uniforms (Korea versus U.S. made versus other countries). Easiest way is look at inside of gear and uniform fabrics... brownish tint=brown dominant, greenish tint=green dominant for the lightest color of the fabric :)
ALICE medium, 1980s, Woodland, green dominant 20200105_114958.jpg

Modular LBV; USMC experimental (meant to be worn with a variant of the SPIE harness rig); brown dominant, ALICE clipped pouches
20200115_165616.jpg
Bunch of USGI woodland and Commercial gear on top of Korean 420D Woodland ;
From L to R clockwise
Camelbak carrier, either Catoma or Iguana woodland IBNS carrier, USGI MOLLE II ruck,; green dominant, USGI MLCE/IIFS/ALICE woodland butt pack, brown dominant.
DSCF2387.JPG

Heres the greens for y'all

Tactical Tailor green padded X harness,
TT green lbe sleeve from one of my projects,
Ranger Green Utility Pouch from Voodoo Tactical, Ranger Green TMC Inc SMG triple pouch, USGI MOLLE canteen carrier brown dominant woodland, Camo Green 483 fabric on top of Ranger Green fabric
20200131_175708.jpg

Camo Green 483 fabric and USGI ALICE LC2 1990s contract ruck straps and pack
20200131_175757.jpg
Please excuse my toes :s0136::s0064::rolleyes:

Predator camo was my favorite for years but the poor quality made me switch over to ASAT now I use a ASAT leafy wear suit just put it on over what ever your wearing and your good to go.

Old Hi Point carbine I painted long ago. Sold a while back.. hoping the next owner didn't lose it :rolleyes: 3 colors from HS Camo kit, in German Panzer ambush style scheme (large swaths plus small contrast dots)
Distance in some photos about 25 yards-30 yards, others 2-10 yards away 20160721_104741.jpg 20160721_104711.jpg 20160724_075441.jpg 20160724_075114.jpg 20160724_075433.jpg 20160724_075008.jpg 20160724_075040.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top